Jack Ross sacked as Sunderland manager ( updated )

SomethingAboutObua

SomethingAboutObua

Currently trending on Twitter they want him out. Was highly rated by Levein but then again Levein rates Cathro and Wighton.

Anyone ITK know if he’d be coming back to us? Can see it as being ideal for Levein to get him in and to move back up stairs. 

Is he any good as a manager rn? Is whoever he apparently had the affair with still in the club? 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Locky

• Jodami

• soonbe110

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

StevenNaismith

There’s more chance of Levein being toe punted in the arse by Ann than there is of Jack Ross coming back to Hearts.

4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

There’s more chance of Levein being toe punted in the arse by Ann than there is of Jack Ross coming back to Hearts.

:( 

Can we toe punt the pair of them and bring Ross back instead :) 

queensferryjambo

Sunderland have been horrendous under Jack Ross. On paper for value of squad and budgets they should have cruised to automatic promotion last season and failed to even come up in the play offs. Eight points off the top of the table right now doesn't look good for him. No way Sunderland won't make play off places and still a chance of automatic promotion but slipping away just now.

Still maybe he should get the manager job at Tynecastle as he spent over a year here as a coach?

Craig Levein isn't the man to take Hearts forward but unfortunately neither is Jack Ross IMO. 

Sexton Hardcastle

What’s the obsession with trying to target failing managers?

A guy who has the biggest budget in a goofy league and he’s about to get the bullet. Oh aye here’s the keys to another struggling club with a very possible reality of relegation.

queensferryjambo
4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

What’s the obsession with trying to target failing managers?

There is an obsession on here for targeting ex coaches, managers and players or basically anyone who has ever set foot in Tynecastle and worked for the club at some point. Or in fact with any kind of tenuous link to Hearts.

I just don't get it. We should be trying to look forward not back IMO.

To be fair to Jack Ross, Sunderland are toxic and might need a good 5 years to get sorted out, better managers will probably fail there.

I wish we had went for Lee Johnston 

SomethingAboutObua
51 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

A guy who has the biggest budget in a goofy league and he’s about to get the bullet.

He’s probably got the biggest budget no doubt, but I don’t think it’s as comparable to say Celtic here or say PSG in Ligue 1 as we’d think, Sunderland are one of the most in-debt clubs in England and they’ve no doubt spent all of their EPL parachute payment 

6 minutes ago, Bozi said:

To be fair to Jack Ross, Sunderland are toxic and might need a good 5 years to get sorted out, better managers will probably fail there. 

It probably is toxic, and I doubt they have a mental budget but with the size of the club, facilities, fan base and still likely quite sizeable budget to most of the rest of the league they should be doing better with anyone in charge, I’d have thought. 

Im not sure how good he’d be for us, but I can see him being Levein’s preferred option if he were to step down 

Maroon Sailor
21 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'd take Diana Ross at Hearts right now if it meant getting shot of Craig Levein. 

She's shit at penalties though

Placid Casual
2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Utter shite at Sunderland and would want him nowhere near us. We can do far better. 

Exactly. He is doing a poor job at Sunderland, making bad decisions on a regular basis, and some of you think he would be a good appointment??

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

There is an obsession on here for targeting ex coaches, managers and players or basically anyone who has ever set foot in Tynecastle and worked for the club at some point. Or in fact with any kind of tenuous link to Hearts.

I just don't get it. We should be trying to look forward not back IMO.

I agree with you, at times part of the support does come across as very insular and unwilling to look at wider options.

2 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Exactly. He is doing a poor job at Sunderland, making bad decisions on a regular basis, and some of you think he would be a good appointment??

Doing a bad job and making bad decisions on a regular basis.......some would think that would be enough for our present Manager to go! 🤔

38 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'd take Diana Ross at Hearts right now if it meant getting shot of Craig Levein. 

That could set off a chain reaction.

Placid Casual
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

A lot of folk won't get that.

She's more suited to the Aberdeen job I think.

SoggyGenerousGalapagosdove-size_restrict

I don't think AB will make a judgment on Levein until he has most of his squad available.

Who knows when that will be?

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, Bozi said:

I wish we had went for Lee Johnston 

I really detest Sunderland as a club and I don’t think anybody can make a job if them.  I’ve been down a couple of times to watch their games and if people think we have thick fans you’ve seen and heard nothing. They didn’t like Craig Gordon and a few times when I was down there was people asking me if he was gay and stuff. Absolute trumpets of fans. 
They have a fan channel as well and I saw bits of on twitter last week and the mentions of “jock *****” and “scottish *******” etc talking about Ross I can only wish them a lot more pain. In fact out of business would be most pleasing. 

Maroon Sailor
17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I really detest Sunderland as a club and I don’t think anybody can make a job if them.  I’ve been down a couple of times to watch their games and if people think we have thick fans you’ve seen and heard nothing. They didn’t like Craig Gordon and a few times when I was down there was people asking me if he was gay and stuff. Absolute trumpets of fans. 
They have a fan channel as well and I saw bits of on twitter last week and the mentions of “jock *****” and “scottish *******” etc talking about Ross I can only wish them a lot more pain. In fact out of business would be most pleasing. 

Every Mackem I have met through my job seems to be a bitter welt.

Maroon Sailor
10 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

9 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

A lot of folk won't get that. 😀

9 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

She's more suited to the Aberdeen job I think.

SoggyGenerousGalapagosdove-size_restrict

Tried to put the keeper off with the stuttered run up as well

15 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Tried to put the keeper off with the stuttered run up as well

She would've scored if she hadn't placed the ball upside down.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, WageThief said:

She would've scored if she hadn't placed the ball upside down.

I liked her delayed chain reaction after she missed as if to say what do I do now. Collapsing the goals helped her back to the routine.

11 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

And the supremes!

12 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Do you think we should make a Supreme effort to get her?

I’ve been to a few Sunderland games and he’s similar to Levein in style. Everyone behind the ball and punt up to a strike where there’s not a single player near him. Wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole, It’s no surprise Levein wanted him as our next manager. 

12 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Younger posters will be looking at her back catalogue to try and find what song you're referring too...

A_A wehatethehibs

Another flop on the levein coaching conveyor belt of wonder. I make that no proper career success story’s for Neilson, Crawford, Cathro, Ross, Fox, Daly, McPhee etc. Thought we were supposed to be producing top managers and coaches? Looks more like Levein is educating coaches wrongly based on that track record of failures?

At least Neilson is clawing back his reputation at DUFC (amazing what happens when you do the simple things like sign a goal scorer). And Cathro is back to the back room laptop analysis where he belongs (what sort of idiot would ever think he had the leadership quality to be a manager ) 

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Another flop on the levein coaching conveyor belt of wonder. I make that no proper career success story’s for Neilson, Crawford, Cathro, Ross, Fox, Daly, McPhee etc. Thought we were supposed to be producing top managers and coaches? Looks more like Levein is educating coaches wrongly based on that track record of failures?

At least Neilson is clawing back his reputation at DUFC (amazing what happens when you do the simple things like sign a goal scorer). And Cathro is back to the back room laptop analysis where he belongs (what sort of idiot would ever think he had the leadership quality to be a manager ) 

This was always going to be another flaw in the Plan so beloved of the Hearts Board.

Of all the coaches Levein has 'developed' only Peter Houston and to an extent Neilson could be considered successes.  And in both cases they were already at the club when he joined.  He has shown no aptitude in developing coaches and yet we have the pretence of the conveyor belt from the bootroom.

18 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I do t want Jack Ross. Sunderland are just as bad to watch as us. He is a Levein clone.

In more ways than one. 

He’s been failing there for months. Surprised he hasn’t been given the boot already considering the rate they normally go through managers. 

14 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

He’s probably got the biggest budget no doubt, but I don’t think it’s as comparable to say Celtic here or say PSG in Ligue 1 as we’d think, Sunderland are one of the most in-debt clubs in England and they’ve no doubt spent all of their EPL parachute payment 

It probably is toxic, and I doubt they have a mental budget but with the size of the club, facilities, fan base and still likely quite sizeable budget to most of the rest of the league they should be doing better with anyone in charge, I’d have thought. 

Im not sure how good he’d be for us, but I can see him being Levein’s preferred option if he were to step down 

Don’t think they are

Hectormasson
On 06/10/2019 at 09:10, Meadows said:

Jack Ross and his indescretion whilst our U20’s coach will ensure no return to Tynecastle . 

Hes punching above his weight at Sunderland , if / when punted he’ll end up at Dundee or similiar. 

Forfar ?

Is there a follow up series on netflix (or planned)?

The series that no doubt was planned as a promotion chase and ended in relegation must have beenn a dream for the producers.

Tokyo Drifter
On 05/10/2019 at 20:29, SomethingAboutObua said:

Currently trending on Twitter they want him out. Was highly rated by Levein but then again Levein rates Cathro and Wighton.

Anyone ITK know if he’d be coming back to us? Can see it as being ideal for Levein to get him in and to move back up stairs. 

Is he any good as a manager rn? Is whoever he apparently had the affair with still in the club? 

Thought there was bad blood between Levein and Ross. I'd be amazed if he would come back to Hearts. He certainly wouldn't come if Levein was still here.

I agree Cathro was a disaster but he's obviously doing something right with Wolves. 

On 06/10/2019 at 11:46, FruitJuice said:

Younger posters will be looking at her back catalogue to try and find what song you're referring too...

Younger posters probably don't realise she's a singer.

I've been thinking over the last few weeks that perhaps we're waiting on him getting the bullet? Perhaps Levein is just holding the fort until the man they want comes available. Ross could be our McInnes. Gained a good reputation doing well at a smaller club(s) up here, and then a somewhat indifferent spell down south. He'll come back up here with a point to prove.

That said, I mentioned Jack Ross to a few boys a couple of weeks ago and they seemed to think there was bad blood between him and Levein. 

Just now, Newton51 said:

Don’t know the ins or outs of his departure but def worth considering 

Done well enough last season, but ultimately failed to get promotion. Took them to the play-off final and ELF Trophy final but came away empty handed from both.

Stuttering along this season. Ross would've probably finished in the play-offs but no guarantee of promotion.