Fine lines

Jim Panzee

39 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Which is a worry. Smith is such a key key player for us. Can cover a few positions and offer an attacking threat.

confidence is draining in the squad. We need players with massive nads to pick us up - Naismith, Haring, Uche, Washington...

I don’t think Smith offers attacking threat at all.  His deliveries are generally poor, rarely overlaps but only starts once the panic has set in. Skinned quite easy for a full back when one on one. 

He is a steady eddy, I’ll give him that but when you need more, to push on, contribute in an attacking unit I think he’s a player who’s been afforded adulation only because we are that mediocre.  

He’s quick slight. Not much power which I think hinders him getting up the park more forcibly. Hickey is young and will be inconsistent but if you look at him at left back when he plays well, you need that level on the right side. I don’t think we have that there just now. 

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Its like Levein sticks the balls in a hat and decides formation/ positions depending on those balls.

Poor Clare hung out to dry again.

Poor Clare ......yup feckin hopeless AGAIN!!!

12 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Which is a worry. Smith is such a key key player for us. Can cover a few positions and offer an attacking threat.

confidence is draining in the squad. We need players with massive nads to pick us up - Naismith, Haring, Uche, Washington...

Or a new management team to implement a new and positive environment where the players can thrive. 

13 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Certainly not a great game of football all round today.

defending for the Killie  goal was very poor. Not just their header but leading up to it. Who was Hickey marking?

If Bozanic scores from his header. Dikamona pokes home at the back post....we could win 2-1. Not saying we would as they had chances too....but it could've ended up like that.

all fine lines.

but....I didn't see any player bollock anyone else today - no anger, no upset. Worrying.

Fine line between us sneaking a goal to paper over cracks...that's the best that can be said 

pettigrewsstylist
13 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Certainly not a great game of football all round today.

defending for the Killie  goal was very poor. Not just their header but leading up to it. Who was Hickey marking?

If Bozanic scores from his header. Dikamona pokes home at the back post....we could win 2-1. Not saying we would as they had chances too....but it could've ended up like that.

all fine lines.

but....I didn't see any player bollock anyone else today - no anger, no upset. Worrying.

Hearts at home v Kilmarnock. The fine lines should be the killie fans apologists posts.

The lack of in game intelligence is killing us.

We cannot break down a stubborn defence who come searching for a negative away point. Same as last season, we just don't have the players to combat it at the moment.

The irony is Mr Levein will get critised for playing negatively when it's the complete opposite.

pettigrewsstylist
11 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I don’t think Smith offers attacking threat at all.  His deliveries are generally poor, rarely overlaps but only starts once the panic has set in. Skinned quite easy for a full back when one on one. 

He is a steady eddy, I’ll give him that but when you need more, to push on, contribute in an attacking unit I think he’s a player who’s been afforded adulation only because we are that mediocre.  

He’s quick slight. Not much power which I think hinders him getting up the park more forcibly. Hickey is young and will be inconsistent but if you look at him at left back when he plays well, you need that level on the right side. I don’t think we have that there just now. 

He has some versatility which is useful and has some fight which is scarce at the moment. Decent honest pro. Nothing special normally. But important currently as very few have his qualities currently.

Also appears to have learnt how to condition and warm up hamstrings. 

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

He has some versatility which is useful and has some fight which is scarce at the moment. Decent honest pro. Nothing special normally. But important currently as very few have his qualities currently.

Also appears to have learnt how to condition and warm up hamstrings. 

He has bottle and doesn’t hide. Also some assurance and decent decision-making. We were much the better for his presence at Easter Road. It was a bit like when Robbie came back from injury in our last-ever game at Love Street. An injection of spirit and, as you say, fight.

Yesterday wasn’t his best game, though.

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

The lack of in game intelligence is killing us.

We cannot break down a stubborn defence who come searching for a negative away point. Same as last season, we just don't have the players to combat it at the moment.

The irony is Mr Levein will get critised for playing negatively when it's the complete opposite.

He is charged with resourcing he club with the ability to do just that though, either by recruiting right sorts and /or internal development, and by instructing them tactically.

A good mixture of both being the optimum.

What Killie did yesterday was neither susprising, nor rocket science.

It has run its course now. The dangers are getting too real, without any indication whatsoever this can be transformed.

Then there is Wighton, Vancek and Cochrane

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, leginten said:

He has bottle and doesn’t hide. Also some assurance and decent decision-making. We were much the better for his presence at Easter Road. It was a bit like when Robbie came back from injury in our last-ever game at Love Street. An injection of spirit and, as you say, fight.

Yesterday wasn’t his best game, though.

He very much reminds me of Robbie, RB or not.

3 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

He is charged with resourcing he club with the ability to do just that though, either by recruiting right sorts and /or internal development, and by instructing them tactically.

A good mixture of both being the optimum.

What Killie did yesterday was neither susprising, nor rocket science.

It has run its course now. The dangers are getting too real, without any indication whatsoever this can be transformed.

Then there is Wighton, Vancek and Cochrane

It's not run its course because there are mitigating circumstances and there's very little that can be done at the moment.

Every one is going to have to suck it up.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

It's not run its course because there are mitigating circumstances and there's very little that can be done at the moment.

Majority have had enough. Roulette excuse wheel on shoogly peg. Needs serviced but needed full time currenty.

The lassie has shown more loyalty than most but shes no fool. I believe she will wrongly allow him SN and PH back before deciding. Thats her perogative.

Doubt she will let him have purse in Jan window on current form/league position.

Fine lines....blow away

Ticket to lose, fine line highway

Tell all your friends to give some leeway

Pay your toll, sell your soul

Pound for pound, cost more than gold

The longer Clare stays

The more he plays

Levein's fine lines go a long way

Only he knows, a formation insane

With nothing to gain

Except killing your brain

Freeze (rock)

8 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Do you think Levein and his coaching network should remain in the dugout ?

8 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

There are no mitigating circumstances. Injuries were a mitigating circumstance last year. Budge increased the player budget, we signed well. Our squad is deep enough to beat Killie irrespective of injuries. 
this was 100% formation and where players played which lost us the game. Levein 100%. 

Just now, Hercules said:

Do you think Levein and his coaching network should remain in the dugout ?

Doesn't matter what I think, never has.

My opinion is skewed due to different circumstances from the majority of the support, so I have no option but to not let 90 minutes of Football spoil my life, so I view things from a different perspective.

I haven't even got home from the game yesterday yet so that should give you a slight incite into my predicament. If I lost my Shit like you locals every week I don't think I'd be going anymore 😀😀😀

4 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Doesn't matter what I think, never has.

My opinion is skewed due to different circumstances from the majority of the support, so I have no option but to not let 90 minutes of Football spoil my life, so I view things from a different perspective.

I haven't even got home from the game yesterday yet so that should give you a slight incite into my predicament. If I lost my Shit like you locals every week I don't think I'd be going anymore 😀😀😀

Ok. Hope you were careful. 😃

David McCaig

Good players regularly take their chances, poor players don’t.

If you took yesterday’s starting XI and extrapolated their career stats over 38 games, how many goals would we actually expect this team to score in a season?

At a guess:

Pereira 0

Smith 2

Berra 3

Dikamona 2

Hickey 3

Mulraney 2

Whelan 1

Damour 2

Irving 1

Clare 5

Meshino 5

Thats a team that wouldn’t come close to averaging one goal per game!!

Edited by David McCaig