Go get Stephen Robinson

Hood09

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Are you implying that isn't the case with Levein?

Afraid so, CL just a wee bit too negative in comparison 

1 minute ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Afraid so, CL just a wee bit too negative in comparison 

I know. Sorry, I should have included the wink smiley.

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

:D No, you're not reading that wrong.

Sorry for the delay in replying , are you saying you want levein to stay then ? 

Ignore that I've just reread what you’ve posted and I get what you’re saying , one too many Morretis 🙈

Edited by 3fingersreid

4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Sorry for the delay in replying , are you saying you want levein to stay then ? 

Ignore that I've just reread what you’ve posted and I get what you’re saying , one too many Morretis 🙈

You can never have too many Morretis. ;)

Yes, I don't not want him to not stay.

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Just No! 

Steven Robinson couldn’t manage Hearts! We need a manager who can manage big characters at a big club! Get a manager who is of an equal standing to the club!

I'm trying really hard to imagine who they might be. Let's not get carried away with ourselves here, what we have is a mixture of  bog-standard journeymen, a few youngsters with promise and too many over-the-hill seniors approaching retiral.

Nomatter who we bring in - and it's got to be someone from outwith the club - he is going to struggle, not because of "big characters" but because CL's squad are, in the main, not up to the job.  

MR INCREDIBLE

Wee Jocky Andrews From Seafield Sewage works should be the next manager. 

Don't know what his tactics are like but he might be able to sort out some of the s**t that's at the club. 

I'd love to bump into the people who said I showed no ambition for suggesting League 2 side Lincoln City's boss Danny Cowley. There's good people out there for the job. People just aren't interested if they've not heard of them. 

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Like last time? It was a bit uninspiring, to be honest...

We have no idea whose CV’s never made it past Leveins inbox. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I thought you were talking about Paulo Sergio . ☺

Ahh yeah. Well he'd certainly fit the handsome part. However I'd of had to come up with a couple of cardigan jokes. And I don't know any good cardigan jokes! 

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, maroonshrew said:

I'd love to bump into the people who said I showed no ambition for suggesting League 2 side Lincoln City's boss Danny Cowley. There's good people out there for the job. People just aren't interested if they've not heard of them. 

Or the guy at Hereford ? 

There are good young managers out there , I’d be happy with Boothroyd as an option 

Does CL vet the CVs that get sent? I have a theory he doesn’t want someone to come in and succeed straight away as it would show him up. He’d rather have someone who he could “mentor” in the hope they succeed and he could vicariously accept the plaudits. 

10 hours ago, redjambo said:

Well Elvis, Hartley, Freedman, and Daly were some of the more memorable candidates, as far as I recall.

In short, not awe-inspiring. Which was one of the reasons I think that Levein decided he would do it.

Did the DoF position put people off?

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

yeah, we are the only club in world football who had a DOF.. meanwhile in Manchester,  United fans are desperate for the appointment of a DOF so they are brought into line with every other club in Europe and EPL. Outside the irrelevant footballing puddle that is Scotland, virtually every team has a DOF. 

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

yeah, we are the only club in world football who had a DOF.. meanwhile in Manchester,  United fans are desperate for the appointment of a DOF so they are brought into line with every other club in Europe and EPL. Outside the irrelevant footballing puddle that is Scotland, virtually every team has a DOF. 

Ok. You can let go, now.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

DOFs are common but the problem was who it was and how much say he has over the club. Was that not why pressley wasn’t appointed?

My opinion was Pressley had the job and CL feared his grip.

Backtracked and took over with ABs blessing.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

My opinion was Pressley had the job and CL feared his grip.

Backtracked and took over with ABs blessing.

A freemason eh?:interehjrling:

13 hours ago, maroonshrew said:

moved to Huddersfield beginning of September, regardless of the merits (or otherwise) of the arguments would suggest he's not available.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I wouldn't imagine that the DoF position would put people off per se. But there is no such fixed thing as a DoF position - they have different colours and sizes. Some managers may not want to work in an environment where the DoF's remit covers matters that they feel the manager should be in charge of, such as player recruitment selection. In saying that though, this is all hypothetical because I have no idea of the specifics of what went down in the situation of our last manager recruitment.

31 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I wouldn't imagine that the DoF position would put people off per se. But there is no such fixed thing as a DoF position - they have different colours and sizes. Some managers may not want to work in an environment where the DoF's remit covers matters that they feel the manager should be in charge of, such as player recruitment selection. In saying that though, this is all hypothetical because I have no idea of the specifics of what went down in the situation of our last manager recruitment.

👍 

4 hours ago, Jap Jambo said:

moved to Huddersfield beginning of September, regardless of the merits (or otherwise) of the arguments would suggest he's not available.

No he's definitely not available! Huddersfield will be a big job on a large budget as they try to work their way back to the PL. I suggested in conversation people like him when we wanted to replace Cathro and then again when first murmurs of replacing Levein. Obviously, I probably mentioned ones who haven't done as well too but I just mean that fans are very quick to jump down the throat of a name that 'isn't big enough' or that they don't know. There's plenty Danny Cowleys out there who are still in League 1 or 2. 

20 hours ago, redjambo said:

Well Elvis, Hartley, Freedman, and Daly were some of the more memorable candidates, as far as I recall.

In short, not awe-inspiring. Which was one of the reasons I think that Levein decided he would do it.

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, JohnB said:

I'm trying really hard to imagine who they might be. Let's not get carried away with ourselves here, what we have is a mixture of  bog-standard journeymen, a few youngsters with promise and too many over-the-hill seniors approaching retiral.

Nomatter who we bring in - and it's got to be someone from outwith the club - he is going to struggle, not because of "big characters" but because CL's squad are, in the main, not up to the job.  

I disagree I think we have a decent squad assembled its the manager that's not up to the job.

There is no way Motherwell have a better squad than us its the manager that's the difference...

Sorry but levein is hopeless so bad its frightening

Balernojambo

It is time to start again.  For a while I felt like allowing Levein to carry on in the DOF role was the way to go. Now, because of his sheer belligerence he must leave the club now.

Like others have said there are lots of good managers out there that could do well for us.  I actually think Robinson from Motherwell would do well but i think there needs to be a process completed and the job given to the best candidate.  I think we also need a DOF.  I wouldn't mind a hearts man like Robbo in this role but would like us to move away from ex players for managers (unless it was felt they were the best candidate). 

Additionally, Fox and Daly need to go.  I actually think McPhee brings something different in terms of attracting some of our NI players and the work he does with Meshino which has helped him acclimatise.  I would keep him if new manager felt there was a place for him. 

Unfortunately though, I feel Levein will see out the season.

VagabondJambo

Agree with the comments about there being plenty Danny Cowleys (or like) out there.

We need a complete change - something drastic that shocks even us on JKB.
Robinson and Holt would only be a step sideways - not upwards enough.

I think we should be bold and go for one of two types of manager.
EITHER a “rescue” hard-nosed manager - Warnock!  He would get us back on track, make best use of the good talent we have, and relegation wouldn’t be in the JKB vocabulary. (Potential extra bonus with Warnock is that we could get Patterson back!)
OR we get a young, go-ahead, on-his-way-up manager for our immediate and long-term success - Jack Ross!  I watch the Sunderland results (lost at home to Lincoln yesterday) and most weeks I feel Ross’s time there is coming to an end.  So far, he’s still in the job.

Time for Hearts to show our ambitions, and go for either of these two managers to turn our season - and our future - around before it’s too late.

Rocky jamboa
7 minutes ago, Balernojambo said:

It is time to start again.  For a while I felt like allowing Levein to carry on in the DOF role was the way to go. Now, because of his sheer belligerence he must leave the club now.

Like others have said there are lots of good managers out there that could do well for us.  I actually think Robinson from Motherwell would do well but i think there needs to be a process completed and the job given to the best candidate.  I think we also need a DOF.  I wouldn't mind a hearts man like Robbo in this role but would like us to move away from ex players for managers (unless it was felt they were the best candidate). 

Additionally, Fox and Daly need to go.  I actually think McPhee brings something different in terms of attracting some of our NI players and the work he does with Meshino which has helped him acclimatise.  I would keep him if new manager felt there was a place for him. 

Unfortunately though, I feel Levein will see out the season.

I was just about to post almost exactly the same as this! 

Complete overhaul. Get rid of the whole coaching staff and a fresh start.

I quite like Robinson and should definitely be someone we look at. Would like to see wee Robbo back at the club in some capacity as well. Not sure if he is the right person as manager long term. Could maybe get us through to the end of the season then move upstairs.

6 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

Agree with the comments about there being plenty Danny Cowleys (or like) out there.

We need a complete change - something drastic that shocks even us on JKB.
Robinson and Holt would only be a step sideways - not upwards enough.

I think we should be bold and go for one of two types of manager.
EITHER a “rescue” hard-nosed manager - Warnock!  He would get us back on track, make best use of the good talent we have, and relegation wouldn’t be in the JKB vocabulary. (Potential extra bonus with Warnock is that we could get Patterson back!)
OR we get a young, go-ahead, on-his-way-up manager for our immediate and long-term success - Jack Ross!  I watch the Sunderland results (lost at home to Lincoln yesterday) and most weeks I feel Ross’s time there is coming to an end.  So far, he’s still in the job.

Time for Hearts to show our ambitions, and go for either of these two managers to turn our season - and our future - around before it’s too late.

I liked the idea of Moyes when it was being punted about a few weeks back.

Since then, Warnock has said he would love to manage Hearts or the vermin. If CL contract is up at the end of the season, and Warnock's is too, there could always be a chance he would head north.

We might be relegated by then of course, but I can't see Hearts being able to pay off CL, as well as compensation to Cardiff and (probably) bigger wages for Warnock, all at the same time.

Balernojambo
5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I was just about to post almost exactly the same as this! 

Complete overhaul. Get rid of the whole coaching staff and a fresh start.

I quite like Robinson and should definitely be someone we look at. Would like to see wee Robbo back at the club in some capacity as well. Not sure if he is the right person as manager long term. Could maybe get us through to the end of the season then move upstairs.

Yeah agreed.  It does need to be a complete overhaul and every week we spend waiting on form turning or injured players returning is a waste of our time.  Its the decisions he makes that are the problem.  Nobody can say he hasn't been afforded time.

VagabondJambo
7 minutes ago, jim747 said:

I liked the idea of Moyes when it was being punted about a few weeks back.

Since then, Warnock has said he would love to manage Hearts or the vermin. If CL contract is up at the end of the season, and Warnock's is too, there could always be a chance he would head north.

We might be relegated by then of course, but I can't see Hearts being able to pay off CL, as well as compensation to Cardiff and (probably) bigger wages for Warnock, all at the same time.

Understand your comments about “afford”.  Even at this stage of our season, someone in the club ought to be weighing up the cost of relegation versus the cost of investing in hiring a wow manager.  If CL moved upstairs, there might not be too much associated compensation.  Neither Warnock or Ross would tolerate any interference from upstairs.