Go get Stephen Robinson

Hood09

Been saying this since the original Levein is not the answer thread. 

You only need to listen to him talk about football to realise he lives in the modern era unlike our current dinosaur. Would be a great fit for our club and with better players at his disposal he would thrive. 

2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Why not ? 

There are hundreds of managers out there. We can look further than Motherwell.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

There are hundreds of managers out there. We can look further than Motherwell.

Couldn't look past our own club last time 

55 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

You only need to listen to him talk about football to realise he lives in the modern era unlike our current dinosaur. Would be a great fit for our club and with better players at his disposal he would thrive. 

Last season it was go get Steve Clarke. Season before it was go get Tommy Wright. Who do you think it will be next season? 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Last season it was go get Steve Clarke. Season before it was go get Tommy Wright. Who do you think it will be next season? 

Pochettino

57 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Absolutely not. That would be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

If we're going to get a decent manager we need to look outside the SPFL.

Just No! 

Steven Robinson couldn’t manage Hearts! We need a manager who can manage big characters at a big club! Get a manager who is of an equal standing to the club!

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Because they are all doing better jobs than Levein. The increasing list of managers that we should "go and get" show just how bad a job the big diddy Levein is doing. It most certainly is not a vote of confidence in Levein staying. 

3fingersreid

No thanks , get rid of levein but advertise the job and see who the best candidate is .

Club at present ,  

Sound financial footing

big fan base 

Edinburgh as home 

decent squad when fit 

I think we’d be pleasantly surprised at just who would find us an attractive job 

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

No thanks , get rid of levein but advertise the job and see who the best candidate is .

Club at present ,  

Sound financial footing

big fan base 

Edinburgh as home 

decent squad when fit 

I think we’d be pleasantly surprised at just who would find us an attractive job 

Like last time? It was a bit uninspiring, to be honest...

3fingersreid
Just now, redjambo said:

Like last time? It was a bit uninspiring, to be honest...

Not having a pop but who exactly applied for the job , yes we know billy Davies was one and thank **** we didn’t get him but who else ? Regardless of who applied there was only one person getting the gig . Let’s offer it again and see what happens . 

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Not having a pop but who exactly applied for the job , yes we know billy Davies was one and thank **** we didn’t get him but who else ? Regardless of who applied there was only one person getting the gig . Let’s offer it again and see what happens . 

Let’s offer it again without Levein hanging around and see who applies

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Well Elvis, Hartley, Freedman, and Daly were some of the more memorable candidates, as far as I recall.

In short, not awe-inspiring. Which was one of the reasons I think that Levein decided he would do it.

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Well Elvis, Hartley, Freedman, and Daly were some of the more memorable candidates, as far as I recall.

In short, not awe-inspiring. Which was one of the reasons I think that Levein decided he would do it.

Certainly the names released , anyway I refuse to believe we can’t as a club do better than Robinson 

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Certainly the names released , anyway I refuse to believe we can’t as a club do better than Robinson 

I like to see manager who can build great team spirit, create a team that is greater than a sum of its parts. I think Robinson has shown that he is doing that at Motherwell. I certainly wouldn't turn him away from the door.

I think he is a good choice. Knows the league, knows the kind of players we can afford, has brought young players through to the first team and has got to more cup finals than our current manager! Think some people need to realise exactly where the club is and who we could realistically attract. 

3fingersreid
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I like to see manager who can build great team spirit, create a team that is greater than a sum of its parts. I think Robinson has shown that he is doing that at Motherwell. I certainly wouldn't turn him away from the door.

Not disagreeing he’s done a good job for motherwell , however has he done a better job than the saint Johnstone manager who’s won a trophy ? I’m not in anyway saying Wright is the answer , far from it , but we can do better than Robinson ( and definitely Wright) . Regardless of who either of us think could do the job I think we both agree change is now needed , or am I reading that wrong ? 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Who could we get to take the reigns at our special club?

I hear theirs a certain handsome Portuguese manager not at a club right now. That has achieved special things in football management.

Who isn't against managing outside the top 5 leagues. Well under special circumstances.

We'd just have to show him that we are embarking on a special project. That needs a special one to lead that special  project.

I am ovcourse talking about Fernando Santos! 

I worked out this wasn't funny before I posted it. But **** it I started it so I finished it!

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Not disagreeing he’s done a good job for motherwell , however has he done a better job than the saint Johnstone manager who’s won a trophy ? I’m not in anyway saying Wright is the answer , far from it , but we can do better than Robinson ( and definitely Wright) . Regardless of who either of us think could do the job I think we both agree change is now needed , or am I reading that wrong ? 

:D No, you're not reading that wrong.

John mcCartney
4 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

I worked out this wasn't funny before I posted it. But **** it I started it so I finished it!

:clap:

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

The crazy thing being that the same man is still in charge despite how long we have seeked an alternative as a fan base.

SomethingAboutObua

Want Levein out but people that want Robinson are mental. Levein gets slated for playing hoofball and the amount of booing when we once again punt the ball up the park is unreal, wtf do people think Robinson’s doing so magically differently at Motherwell? 

****ing hell I hope this team has some self respect to look a bit further than North Lanarkshire to find a manager. 

2 hours ago, Hood09 said:

Na

Handofgod2015
2 hours ago, Hood09 said:

What makes you think we have better players 😂

58 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Who could we get to take the reigns at our special club?

I hear theirs a certain handsome Portuguese manager not at a club right now. That has achieved special things in football management.

Who isn't against managing outside the top 5 leagues. Well under special circumstances.

We'd just have to show him that we are embarking on a special project. That needs a special one to lead that special  project.

I am ovcourse talking about Fernando Santos! 

I thought you were talking about Paulo Sergio . ☺

letsalldothebeattie

Said this to those around me during the Motherwell game the other week that’s who should be next in charge

Def can’t be any worse! He changed the style of team last season and seeing the benefits now. Good recruitment and plays youngsters with ability 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Robinson comes across in the media as being enthusiastic, full of energy and positivity flows from him 

3 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Robinson comes across in the media as being enthusiastic, full of energy and positivity flows from him 

Are you implying that isn't the case with Levein?