The players

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

They need to have a long hard look at themselves and ask if they want to be at Hearts long term.

I can accept their lack of quality and ability but the bare minimum you expect is desire and effort.

The whole football set up is rotten to the core just now and a few of them need their horoscopes read.

The players probably have not got a clue if they are coming or going most weeks. 

Every week we start with 3-5-2 then bin it when losing. 

We announce Clare will be a central midfielder then stick him up front and then on the wing, even though we have McLean, Keena and Morrison on the bench. 

Ryo gets shoved up front front and then the left wing. 

Hickey does all his best work from left back, so starts right back. Smith, of course, gets pushed to be middle to make the 3. 

I get that the options on the bench are not great but keep it simple FFS!

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

There’s only a handful good enough for Hearts.

I actually don’t think any of them are good enough for us now

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The players probably have not got a clue if they are coming or going most weeks. 

We announce Clare will be a central midfielder then stick him up front and then on the wing, even though we have McLean, Keena and Morrison on the bench. 

Hickey does all his best work from left back, so starts right back. Smith, of course, gets pushed to be middle to make the 3. 

I agree with that

John mcCartney

itl be reciprocal with the players in return having no faith in the coaching and manager

its a horrible mess,that was a shocker today

The players certainly have to take their share. They’ve not given enough. They should be running through brick walls for the club.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, John mcCartney said:

itl be reciprocal with the players in return having no faith in the coaching and manager

That was an absolute disgrace today, players swanning around for 90 odd minutes.

Morrison was a sub and got hooked for not tracking back last week. Vanacek was a lazy git and got punted.

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, John mcCartney said:

All the most ordinary team has to do to stop us playing is close us down aggressively. Sometimes the skill we clearly have shines through and we make a chance, but we have no proper scrappers. None that aren't crocked, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The players certainly have to take their share. They’ve not given enough. They should be running through brick walls for the club.

It's the manager's job to get them running through brick walls for him and the club. 

Jambo 4 Ever
11 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

It's the manager's job to get them running through brick walls for him and the club. 

The players need to take some responsibility too

Just now, Natural Orders said:

The players need to take some responsibility too

Has levein taken any responsibility for where we are?  He's now publicly blaming the players but nothing is his fault.  Show me where he has taken any responsibility? 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, FruitJuice said:

Has levein taken any responsibility for where we are?  He's now publicly blaming the players but nothing is his fault.  Show me where he has taken any responsibility? 

2 wrongs don’t make a right 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

The players let the club down today - big style. Levein was right to feel angry about that 

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The players let the club down today - big style. Levein was right to feel angry about that 

Fair enough.  You ever seen him taking responsibility for anything? 

35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In the simple case of Keena you wonder what the guy is thinking?

He gets in the squad most weeks, we have an injury crisis but Levein puts Meshino upfront and reinstates Clare.

Even if you think Keena isn’t good enough it can’t be good for morale or a players mentality. Levein has to turn to laddies like him week after week to throw on as sub and hope for a turnaround but they never get a start. 

The playing side is a mess, a shambles. 

45 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They need to have a long hard look at themselves and ask if they want to be at Hearts long term.

I can accept their lack of quality and ability but the bare minimum you expect is desire and effort.

The whole football set up is rotten to the core just now and a few of them need their horoscopes read.

Aye, it's all the players faults, all 300 of them in the past 3 years. 

When the players got told that formation and game plan they must have been thinking wtf? Then told at half time to chuck that and then play in different positions? I certainly don't think some of them are good enough but it must be confusing playing for that clown

It should have been ten
39 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

17 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

These 

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Aye, it's all the players faults, all 300 of them in the past 3 years. 

It's the players fault today. None of them put a shift in - not fecking one of them.

18 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I agree. I would go further and say that we do have a very good squad but what is being asked of them just isn't working. Watching the game today I was actually impressed with the way Kilmarnock played. It was slick, they retained possession and they were dangerous. When we got the ball it was often high and long to Meshino (who is 5 foot nothing and made of air) - why do that? It's clear to me that the manager and coaches are lost and have no idea what they are doing. Please leave. We are playing shit every single week. Yes we have won a couple of games recently, but to be fair, it wasn't convincing IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's the players fault today. None of them put a shift in - not fecking one of them.

Maybe they're starting to feel the same way as most of us?

They don't see us going anywhere and are questioning wtf is going on.

Just a thought eh. 

It wouldn't surprise me if we start getting law suits over injuries. 

Edited by Sagan

1 minute ago, Mr Kipling said:

I agree. I would go further and say that we do have a very good squad but what is being asked of them just isn't working. Watching the game today I was actually impressed with the way Kilmarnock played. It was slick, they retained possession and they were dangerous. When we got the ball it was often high and long to Meshino (who is 5 foot nothing and made of air) - why do that? It's clear to me that the manager and coaches are lost and have no idea what they are doing. Please leave. We are playing shit every single week. Yes we have won a couple of games recently, but to be fair, it wasn't convincing IMO. 

He actually said last season that he didn't know what to do.  I know it was in relation to not scoring, for a manager to say that it is laughable.  Imagine someone you employ publicly stating that they didn't know what to do.  You would instantly replace them with someone who did.  Utter farcical!

Maroon Sailor
17 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Fair enough.  You ever seen him taking responsibility for anything? 

No and I question his selection today.

The least a manager should expect from the players he puts out on the park is effort. He didn't get that today.

41 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Is it ****. That’s a pre-requisite for any player regardless of the manager. 

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

No and I question his selection today.

The least a manager should expect from the players he puts out on the park is effort. He didn't get that today.

How often has he got that from the players and he's only noticing it now?  It's a joke 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Is it ****. That’s a pre-requisite for any player regardless of the manager. 

A good manager would instil it into his players if they weren't.  He doesn't seem to have the ability to inspire them to.  

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

A good manager would instil it into his players if they weren't.  He doesn't seem to have the ability to inspire them to.  

So at your work, do you half erse your job because you don’t like or, don’t feel inspired by the manager? 

Criticise the manager for whatever but players giving nothing near their best is unforgivable. You don’t need to be inspired to put in the graft, they get paid thousands of pounds a week to run about ffs. 

So at your work, do you half erse your job because you don’t like or, don’t feel inspired by the manager? 

Criticise the manager for whatever but players giving nothing near their best is unforgivable. You don’t need to be inspired to put in the graft, they get paid thousands of pounds a week to run about ffs. 

I don't think the average job analogy applies here.  

17 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Maybe they're starting to feel the same way as most of us?

They don't see us going anywhere and are questioning wtf is going on.

Just a thought eh. 

It wouldn't surprise me if we start getting law suits over injuries. 

Did you see Dikamona today at around 86 minutes - his hamstring looked liked it had snapped!

Not one booking today - where’s the aggression? Where’s the anger when we are losing at home to Killie???

Just now, Mr Kipling said:

Did you see Dikamona today at around 86 minutes - his hamstring looked liked it had snapped!

Stand by - 6 months out! 🙈

1 minute ago, Mr Kipling said:

It's just bad luck, nothing to worry about. 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

To be fair, a motivating manager is the difference and IMO it is a source of inspiration for putting in the graft. Frankly (and this is just my opinion), he doesn't know what he is doing (or his colleagues) and he is probably so stressed, he may be taking it out on the players. The players can get all the money in the world, if their boss is a total dick, why would you put the effort in?

10 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I don't think the average job analogy applies here.  

Because it doesn’t suit you? 

Playing shite because the tactics or coaching is shite, fair enough. However, I’d expect every player to burst a gut for their wages. 

At my work we talk about the right people, with the right tools and the right training doing the right thing, in the right place, at the right time.

we also say that all of that is the job of management.

they pick the people, provide the tools and training and decide what to do, when to do it and where. If you believe that people come to work wanting to do a good job then when things go wrong you have to look at the manager.

strangely this seems to have been missed by Levein.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

You are spot on sir. I knew after 15 minutes it wasnt working yet it didnt change till half time. Fed up of it all.

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

To be fair, a motivating manager is the difference and IMO it is a source of inspiration for putting in the graft. Frankly (and this is just my opinion), he doesn't know what he is doing (or his colleagues) and he is probably so stressed, he may be taking it out on the players. The players can get all the money in the world, if their boss is a total dick, why would you put the effort in?

Why would they put the effort in ? Erm for the fans that pay and in some cases travel miles to watch them. What about personal pride as well ?

6 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

Because it’s not their manager that’s paying them. 

Levein’s tactics, coaching, whatever, may be utterly honking but why are folk defending the players who aren’t doing the most basic requirements of a professional athlete? 

If your playing shite, at least run about. 

Not much to ask tbf, unless professional footballers are as stupid as they are made out to be. 

Levein’s tactics, coaching, whatever, may be utterly honking but why are folk defending the players who aren’t doing the most basic requirements of a professional athlete? 

Not much to ask tbf, unless professional footballers are as stupid as they are made out to be. 

Isn't playing dreadful a common tactic often employed by football players as a deliberate stratagem to oust the management team?

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Playing shite because the tactics or coaching is shite, fair enough. However, I’d expect every player to burst a gut for their wages. 

I'd be expecting the manager to manage these players for their wages.  He is not managing to get them up for games.  If this was something new I would agree with you.  Some players have been like this for over a year.  The fact that it's still the same lies at the manager for not managing to change this over that period.  A few games and you can blame the player, a player or players being like this for as long as we have and the manager has to take responsibility for this.  

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

But that is a subjective comment - why would someone burst a gut for someone they don't believe in? Just because you would do it doesn't mean everyone else has to. Your work ethic is obviously very high, others don't often share that quality. Just an observation.

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Why would they put the effort in ? Erm for the fans that pay and in some cases travel miles to watch them. What about personal pride as well ?

Because they are human beings that sometimes need something to get their spirit back if it has gone due to how things are or being asked to play in a way that doesn't suit them.  There are a lot of people who are affected if things aren't going well at work and a good boss would address this.  He doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it.  Over 18 months of this and he's now getting angry? Pish!  He needs to take most of the responsibility for how the players who aren't injured are performing. 

Telling us that he is now angry is laughable. 

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

CT, this is the age old story at lots of clubs and then a new manager comes in and they miraculously improve! It's one of the strange anomalies of the game. 

Consistently playing the same formation and better coaches would help but I agree our players have under performed. At least I think they have! Maybe we have seriously overestimated the ability of some of them! We won't know until we see them under a different coaching team. 

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's not just the players. They're not any worse than most other teams,  it's the same tactics week after week after week. Slow build up, back and forth across the back until the opposition is set then try to play through the middle. Forced wide on our narrow pitch then  hopeless cross too near the goalie. Week after week after effing week. Every team in this league knows how to play against us.

10 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

But that is a subjective comment - why would someone burst a gut for someone they don't believe in? Just because you would do it doesn't mean everyone else has to. Your work ethic is obviously very high, others don't often share that quality. Just an observation.

Agree. While there will be certain players who always carry a lot of self pride and perform the best they can (Whelan for example) not every player has that mentality. 

The environment you come into every day, poor results, drop in morale, chopping and changing, lack of leadership eventually wears down people. 

But what it takes is a manager to be able to sense and have the vision as to what needs to change 

Edited by Debut 4

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Because they are human beings that sometimes need something to get their spirit back if it has gone due to how things are or being asked to play in a way that doesn't suit them.  There are a lot of people who are affected if things aren't going well at work and a good boss would address this.  He doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it.  Over 18 months of this and he's now getting angry? Pish!  He needs to take most of the responsibility for how the players who aren't injured are performing. 

Telling us that he is now angry is laughable. 

I understand managers defending their players, Wenger did it all the time no matter what.

Levein doesn't normally lambast them publicly, which isn't a bad thing but that lack of fight today and attitude was inexcusable and indefensible.

Someone on that park needs to take a firm grip of the situation. We have nobody that can read a game.

That was the most lily livered performance I've seen for years at Tynecastle. Sometimes it takes a crunching tackle to whip up the atmosphere. Nothing like that happened today, they were frightened to tackle.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Forgiving the lack of quality the  most disappointing aspect of this group is the sheer lack of bottle and will to win . 

Even the players you think would care like Berra, Smith , Whelan McClean etc are being rolled over like wee schoolboys . Where's the passion and anger for the fight . 

Players  like Mulraney Clare etc are shitebags with hearts of sparrows , but the whole team are now players of this ilk . An utterly embarrassing bunch of imposters from top to bottom .