Match ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Pereira - 5 - Stayed on his line at the goal when he could have claimed it. Not that that excuses Mulraney

Smith - 6 - Tried to make things happen and was our most composed player until he was unmarked in front of goal. Loses a mark for that.

Hickey - 5 - For his sake, I hope he leaves at the end of this season because being dragged down by this shitshow will not help his career. Not his best today

Whelan - 5 - Crossing and free-kicks left a lot to be desired

Dikamona - 6 - Solid and did what was asked of him

Berra - 6 - Better than he has been

Irving - 4 - Hooked at HT. Couple of nice passes but nothing else

Clare - 5 - Not his worst game but his amazing ability to select wrong options or try a pass that puts us into trouble drives people mental

Meshino - 6 - Fish out of water in the first half but in the second was the only creative player we had. Another Levein facepalm moment

Damour - 2 - Another one headed to crock central

Mulraney - 3 - Fecking woeful. I think that cross against Aberdeen is the only effective one all season. Showing he is nothing more than a squad player.

Subs:

Bozanic - 4 - Tidy enough but little impact

MacLean - 3 - At least gave us a presence up front if nothing else

Keena - 1 - No time

3fingersreid

Dikamona /Smith / Berra were okay 

meshino tried as did Whelan 

the rest not so good 🤬

tactics and team selection ****ING ABYSMAL

10 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

This makes the Hearts man of the match award, difficult. 

7 minutes ago, Mort said:

Mulraney and Clare are everything that’s wrong with this team. 

Clare probably worked as hard as anyone today.

8 minutes ago, Mort said:

Mulraney and Clare are everything that’s wrong with this team. 

A very good point. The fact is they are below average players who should be nowhere near a Hearts team. There is only one man to blame for this situation.

Dikamona, Smith, Berra, Whelan all get pass marks for me, the rest were awful. Special notes of shiteness go to Clare, Mulraney and Irving. 

Edited by viva hate

Wont do ratings as i kind of think unfair on players playing undee current regime.

What I'll ask is why in the last 3 games we've been losing 1-0, we've changed from 3 at tge back to 4. If we think 4 at the back is the formation most likely to bring us goals (and it is), why dont we start that way? Its just ridiculous.

Which one player in our starting XI did that 352 suit?

27 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Felt sorry for him today, being asked to play all over the pitch. 

Weakened Offender

Very few pass marks. Maybe Smith and Dikamona. The rest were garbage. How Mulraney lasted 80 minutes is actually quite scary. Clare was hiding. Whelan certainly had an eye on next weekend.

Edited by Weakened Offender

highlandjambo3

After that performance I decided to do a “quick” foolproof type of rating which can be cut and pasted for future games.......it will save us all a bit of time trying to over think things......

So, write everyone’s name who played today on a folded piece of paper and stick them in a hat......pull out each piece of paper and, before unfolding, shout 2, 3 or 4, that’s it.......those ratings should just about cover everyone.....simple don’t you think?  We can keep this for all foreseeable games.

What really REALLY gripped my shit today (probably not the only one to spot this) at about 70odd minutes Killie pushed out a sub, when he was running onto the pitch, he was pointing and shouting at other team mates and, on the side line just in front of their dugout was the Killie manager along with 2 other Killie staff also shouting and pointing.........meanwhile at the hearts dugout/line.....not a FEKIN soul to be seen.....we were out played on the park and out thought off the park...... absolute dross.

27 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Felt sorry for him today, being asked to play all over the pitch. 

Happens most weeks to Clare. Levein is utterly hopeless and until he goes our players will be too. Whether Clare turns out to be any good, time will tell, but our whole squad looks awful under this dinosaur.

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

This

Excused for having limited ability but when you don't try then that's another thing altogether. Nobody got stuck in

1 hour ago, Mort said:

He’s absolute mince though? What does he offer? 

He should have had an assist near the end with a flick on from the front post.

I can add more if you like?

41 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Very few pass marks. Maybe Smith and Dikamona. The rest were garbage. How Mulraney lasted 80 minutes is actually quite scary. Clare was hiding. Whelan certainly had an eye on next weekend.

Clare was hiding? 

Did you actually watch the game?

He's probably a convenient scapegoat, and I appreciate that his confidence must be low, but Clare was regularly hiding behind Killie players in the second half rather than receive the ball.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

He should have had an assist near the end with a flick on from the front post.

I can add more if you like?

Please do. To me I see a player devoid of any confidence. He wants rid of the ball fast, avoids headers and always passes backwards to avoid mistakes. If you can’t criticism, you should not be a professional footballer. He’s pish.

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Clare was hiding? 

I did and I fully agree that perhaps due to lack of confidence, he was scared of recieving the ball in the second half.

I'm sure every fan would be delighted if he came good, but he's never looked convincing in any position so far.

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Clare was hiding? 

Yes . Unfortunately.

Edited by Weakened Offender

We had 2 internationalists on the park, 1 under 21 internationalist, and 2 players on loans from Man City and man united.

I'm sorry but even with injuries, these players on paper should be putting up a better effort than that I witnessed today!

carry on the way we are going and we are in for a relegation scrap this season. 

Baird, King and Michael

Although today he was far from his best, Whelan is a player.

Always wanting the ball, always looking to create. Does the simple things well.

Its a sobering thought that without him we would be an even worse team. :(

highlandjambo3
54 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

We had 2 internationalists on the park, 1 under 21 internationalist, and 2 players on loans from Man City and man united.

I'm sorry but even with injuries, these players on paper should be putting up a better effort than that I witnessed today!

carry on the way we are going and we are in for a relegation scrap this season. 

We had 11 decent players on the field but, we did not have a team on the field..... it’s that simple.  Good players have footballing talent, management mould this talent together to gel a team, our management are not doing this.....that’s where we fail.

rudi must stay

Periera - 6 shaky keeper who doesn't inspire confidence, but given that he did nothing wrong today

Smith - 7 solid and steady

Berra - 6 it's a shame, he tried his best but to me he shouldn't be out there. His legs have gone

Dikamona - 7 defensively and going forward he did well

Hickey - 7 as usual you can't fault Hickey as be continues to impress at full back

Mulraney - 5.5 felt sorry for him, but I'm not sure he is SPL quality

Whelan - 7 quality centre mid.

Damour - 6 floated around ok before his injury

Irvine - 6 same as Damour

Clare - 6 that was a solid game from him. Hopefully he sees it as a base as I think there is a player there

Meshino - 7 we looked more likely to score when he had it. 

Subs

Bozanic - 5 you can try all you like but like Berra he's not good enough

McLean - lively cameo

Keena - same as McLean

Edited by rudi must stay

letsmakesomenoise
2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Aye he runs about a lot, but does feck all and dodges every challenge.

2 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Aye he runs about a lot, but does feck all and dodges every challenge.

There were a few guilty of this today, and I didn’t think Clare was one of them. 

It really bothers me how similar the ability level is between ourselves and the so called shite in this division. Killie more often than not play in front of empty stands yet can easily compete with us. 

Bloody infuriating. That squad needs more fighters desperately. 

Libertonian_II

A lot of very harsh posts on this thread. Best for me were Smith, Whelan, Hickey(at left back), Dikamona. Not so bad were Berra and Meshino(when played in proper position). Meh goes to Pereira, Mulraney, Damour, Irvine, Maclean and Clare. Poor = Bosanich.

Management team aka CL and AM get F all for their awful first half tactics. For all that, I thought we created a few chances that should have been scored.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Periera - 6 shaky keeper who doesn't inspire confidence, but given that he did nothing wrong today

Smith - 7 solid and steady

Berra - 6 it's a shame, he tried his best but to me he shouldn't be out there. His legs have gone

Dikamona - 7 defensively and going forward he did well

Hickey - 7 as usual you can't fault Hickey as be continues to impress at full back

Mulraney - 5.5 felt sorry for him, but I'm not sure he is SPL quality

Whelan - 7 quality centre mid.

Damour - 6 floated around ok before his injury

Irvine - 6 same as Damour

Clare - 6 that was a solid game from him. Hopefully he sees it as a base as I think there is a player there

Meshino - 7 we looked more likely to score when he had it. 

Subs

Bozanic - 5 you can try all you like but like Berra he's not good enough

McLean - lively cameo

Keena - same as McLean

These ratings a wind up?

rudi must stay
23 minutes ago, karipidis said:

These ratings a wind up?

Would never give less than 5

That's just me

Hope that explains my definative and quite correct ratings 

lost in space

Cant believe the markings given by most.  Has it come to this - where a very average performance gets a good marking?

Keeper - 5 (no communication or attempt to boss HIS area). Woeful at one cross and distribution average.

Smith - 8 MoM. You have to feel sorry for him - playing all over the pitch.

Berra - 6 - better that recently  but does NOT want the ball - and is not the captain that he was. Showed, later in the game that he still has the passion.

Dikamonna - 7 - wanted the ball and tried his best (unlike most).

Hickey - 6 - did nothing wrong. 

Mulraney - 7 - hung out to dry in first half - playing RB, wing back and right winger. Unlike the help that Hickey got from Damour (when on), Mulraney had no help from Irvine.  Was lost at goal - but is he also a centre half now??  Put in some good crosses - to who??

Whelan --7- tried hard but is limited. He is a defensive mid (like Irvine and Demour and Haring, Bozanic)

Damour - 5 - why was he playing?? He was injured - everyone know that!

Irvine - 5 - he has a lot to learn.  Not getting much help on the pitch - and I hate to think what the training is like. Will play better.

Clare - 5 - Tried in first half and put himself about. Second half - returned to hapless\hopeless. Saw Smith throw his arms up at his total lack of awareness.  This guy will never ever be a football player.

Meshino - 6 - was very poor in the first half - totally lost.  Came into game in second half - with no support.

Bozanic - 6 - better than Irvine or Damour (which is not saying much) - he tried.

McLean - 6 - actually improved the game - because the initial line-up was so bad. Tried for about 15 minutes, which is longer than usual.  AN INDICATION OF HOW BAD WE ARE.

Keena - 4 - When you are the only CF available - and you get only a few minutes - cant be good for your confidence.  Having said that - has shown nothing.

Levein - 0 - tried again with the 4-6-0 (okay - 5-5-0).  If he keeps trying it, it may work. Please don't speak to me about injuries. You work with what you have - today was a surrender.

Budge - 0 - are you awake?????

Pereira 6

Hickey 5.   Kept cutting in, looked to lack confidence today. 

Smith. 6.   Have never got the major love-in?  Steady player but poor going forward. Hesitant, never plays it first time. Clare made umpteen runs for him to play it down the line. 

Berra. 5.   Wins his headers but predictable play in possession.

Dikamona 6.  Many timely interceptions, tried to give us urgency in possession.  

Mulraney  4.   One trick pony, not good enough. 

Whelan. 6.   Industrious, simple play as others around him failed to produce. 

Irving. 4.      Not positive enough but that could be down to instruction.

Damour 4. 

Clare. 5.      One or two things looked nice but he still falls short of what’s required. 

Meshino 6.  God only knows why he was pushed up top? Better coming from midfield or number 10 role. As ever, gave his all.  

18 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Would never give less than 5

That's just me

Hope that explains my definative and quite correct ratings 

Your ratings are anything but correct. 

rudi must stay
41 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Your ratings are anything but correct. 

Most were 6 out of 10. But you need more than that

I agree with Levein there. There was no urgency all match from most of them

13 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Good choice. I even saw one run after the ball today for a change!

No questioning their effort.