Meshino

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Such a classy player, the only one of our forwards who looks like he might have conjured something special today. Shame he was on his own in that.

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Such a classy player, the only one of our forwards who looks like he might have conjured something special today. Shame he was on his own in that.

Man city must be thinking wtf!

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Never a striker, he was utter puff first half.

Agree. Better from deep running with the ball. Class though

15 minutes ago, Peebo said:

One season with us will be enough to ensure he has absolutely no chance of ever playing for Man City. 

This.

Hectormasson
8 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Should have had keena alongside him  with uche out ,      keena coming on with about 10 min left was ridiculous ,,,,,

Jambof3tornado
13 hours ago, Peebo said:

One season with us will be enough to ensure he has absolutely no chance of ever playing for Man City. 

Genuinely wonder what the chances of him making 10 plus appearances for the citeh 1st team are? I reckon he has probably a 1 in 20 chance right now which is pretty slim.

been here before

Seems to have the tricks, drive and determination but he needs to learn to look up and play a pass.

His schoolboyish naivety is quite evident in that he'll take 2 or 3 too many touches trying to beat the entire team. A couple of times yesterday the pass was there but he never saw it.

I dont reckon its too big a deal, more just early day enthusiasm to do well.

pettigrewsstylist

Decent promise. Will be hung out to dry by our tactics and dross around him. Woudnt be astonished to see lad leave, demoralised and broken, early, 

Ibrahim Tall
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Seems to have the tricks, drive and determination but he needs to learn to look up and play a pass.

His schoolboyish naivety is quite evident in that he'll take 2 or 3 too many touches trying to beat the entire team. A couple of times yesterday the pass was there but he never saw it.

Probably not passing as he already realises he’s surrounded by shite that would lose it anyway tbh. 

Tokyo Drifter
17 hours ago, Peebo said:

He'll be the next to get injured, guarantee it.

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Decent promise. Will be hung out to dry by our tactics and dross around him. Woudnt be astonished to see lad leave, demoralised and broken, early, 

He’s a few weeks away from entering the Demi Mitchell Zone.

We’ll be getting a reputation in Manchester.

We_are_the_Hearts
10 minutes ago, leginten said:

You would be mad to loan Levein a promising young player. 

4 hours ago, been here before said:

I like him, but that is the most realistic assessment on this thread. Looked lost in the first half playing up front. When he got the ball to feet he was trying far too much and to be too clever. This was only partly his fault. Leaving him isolated up front meant that Killie were able to swarm around him when he got the ball. But he didn't adjust to that and realise he needed to lay the ball off to teammates as soon as he got the opportunity.

The more serious issue for me was he didn't put any effort in when we were out of possession. Jogging to close players down. It was giving Killie so much space to build from the back (which then allowed them to capitalise on the myriad of other tactical issues in our team yesterday). Need to sit him down to watch the effort Uche or MacLean put in to closing men down when out of possession.

But the main fault for his (to my mind) poor performance yesterday was Levein's awful tactics.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, leginten said:

Unfortunately i suspect you are right.

1 hour ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

He'll be the next to get injured, guarantee it.

I was going to post similar after Damour got injured.

16 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

The lad is to light weight for Scottish football he will be wishing he had went to Holland.

Have a word! He's head and shoulders above anything we have at Hearts. He has taken the physical aspect of the Scottish game well. We as a club are not playing to his strength and are continuing to play high balls up front. He's not that type of player and never will be.