Mulraney

neilnunb

I've been saying it on here for weeks as Clare was being targeted as the scape goat. Mulraney offers very little.

In saying that I don't agree with some of the abuse aimed his way. We are a team lacking in confidence and fit players. 

I'll say it again - this is NOT the time to be judging the players or the manager. That time will come when we get four to five players back from injury.

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Some utter nonsense on this thread. Mulraney is a young player who like many wingers is inconsistent. He is a lad with confidence issues, so much so that the club sought out help for him last season. The entire team looks shot at the moment so it's no surprise he is the same. Played poorly today but didn't hide. Messing him about by playing him at wing back doesn't work, we should be accentuating his best attribute which is pace and playing him on the shoulder of the full back. 

Whilst I tend to agree with your point, and Cruyff’s suggestion of saveable potential, young player or not, Mulraney has reached the point were he needs to be delivering a higher standard of performance more regularly. 
His crossing is poor and he doesn’t score goals. He’s miles behind were someone like Templeton was at the same stage of his career. 

3 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

Whilst I tend to agree with your point, and Cruyff’s suggestion of saveable potential, young player or not, Mulraney has reached the point were he needs to be delivering a higher standard of performance more regularly. 
His crossing is poor and he doesn’t score goals. He’s miles behind were someone like Templeton was at the same stage of his career. 

None of our midfield scores goals, apart from Clare ironically! Whelan was ordinary today and missed a sitter, you could make a very convincing argument that he was much more responsible for the points lost than Mulraney. No thread though. The point I'm making is he's a bit of an easy target and he is not being used to best effect - don't burden him with defending, let the lad run at teams. It's the young players who are most confused by the changing of formations. The whole team were poor today. 

HillmanHearts

Frustrated with Jake today and tbf not for the first time this season. But still believe he can be be a real good player.

Take the man on and whip it in. 

Come on Jake !

Believe.

willie wallace

He will never be a wing back.He got such a roasting in the first half that the rest of his game suffered because of it.iKillie attacked him the whole time and the goal finished him for the day.

He looks like he doesn't what to be anywhere near that position.

I had hopes for him but if his crossing does not improve  then his future at Hearts must be in doubt.

Werner Herzog

A honking game for him today. Mulraney has always been (at best) a squad player with limited ability & consistency issues. The fact that he is 1 of only 2 players in the team offering width going forward speaks volumes over the incoherent, scattergun approach of Levein's recruitment. He is also not a wing back, but then again, playing people out of their natural position to the detriment of the entire team is Levein's forte. 

Edited by Werner Herzog

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Add awful in the air

Exactly , Killies goal was because he had a token jump in the air with no conviction whatsoever of winning the ball. He’s so infuriating as he has searing pace but hardly ever uses it. He always slows the game down when he gets the ball and waits until the defender is facing him to try and beat him. 

There is no way we will get the best of him while he plays as a defender.  Actually we won't get the best of him while we play without any strikers either.

Handofgod2015
3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Easily up there with the least effective wingers I've seen in maroon.

Easily the worst winger in football history. I time him weekly to see how long it takes him to run past someone or at least at them. Today was quite quick..... 37 minutes. He’s absolutely shite

Handofgod2015
3 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We need to get him in field.  He’s hopeless out wide.

We need to leave him in a field.

First division player.

For a winger he very rarely gets shots in on goal. He rarely works to get behind full backs from a pass or force himself into the box. 

Edited by Debut 4

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Nessjambo67 said:

I’m sure your just like me and want players to do well but sadly he ain’t good enough maybe Robbo can take him back 😂😂

Maybe clare and mclean too 🤔🤔🤔👌

36 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

He will never be a wing back.He got such a roasting in the first half that the rest of his game suffered because of it.iKillie attacked him the whole time and the goal finished him for the day.

He looks like he doesn't what to be anywhere near that position.

I had hopes for him but if his crossing does not improve  then his future at Hearts must be in doubt.

This. It’s totally the managers fault for playing him there. He has absolutely  no defensive attributes at all.  Lost count of the times he was caught out today. Killie played to that.  

Handofgod2015

People shouldn’t focus solely on today’s game.

He has literally 1 single attribute suitable to a football player.......PACE.

Anyone saying that alone should get him a decent career, I have 1 thing to say...... Usain Bolt!

He is terrible, can’t pass, cant cross, cant read the game, has no positional awareness either in defence or attack, cant shoot and has absolutely zero composure under pressure. Give a teenager a chance rather than him.

His final delivery was absolutely embarrassing all game today. Kept trying, but was just really, really poor. I think I’m right in saying he just became a dad during the week, so perhaps knackered and/or not fully focused. Understandable, if so, but the sort of thing decent man management would pick up. 

3 hours ago, Handofgod2015 said:

People shouldn’t focus solely on today’s game.

He has literally 1 single attribute suitable to a football player.......PACE.

Anyone saying that alone should get him a decent career, I have 1 thing to say...... Usain Bolt!

He is terrible, can’t pass, cant cross, cant read the game, has no positional awareness either in defence or attack, cant shoot and has absolutely zero composure under pressure. Give a teenager a chance rather than him.

Spot on. Can run fast is his only attribute. 23 year old who has scored about 4 goals in his career but Austin’s computer game thinks he’s a potential top class player. 

45 minutes ago, Peebo said:

His final delivery was absolutely embarrassing all game today. Kept trying, but was just really, really poor. I think I’m right in saying he just became a dad during the week, so perhaps knackered and/or not fully focused. Understandable, if so, but the sort of thing decent man management would pick up. 

His crosses are dire every week

Don’t get all this. Mulraneys final ball is turd I get that. But I have no doubt the negativity he attracts is more born out of frustration as he time and time again gets himself into great positrons, way more than the whole team put together. Mulraney is without doubt and  maybe it’s painful to hear our most attacking threat. Think he needs a bit of slack but somehow I doubt he will be afforded it. 

7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He’s fixable. He has the attributes to be good. 

He doesn’t. He’s a shitebag and that can’t be fixed. 

Libertonian_II
9 hours ago, Jodami said:

Some utter nonsense on this thread. Mulraney is a young player who like many wingers is inconsistent. He is a lad with confidence issues, so much so that the club sought out help for him last season. The entire team looks shot at the moment so it's no surprise he is the same. Played poorly today but didn't hide. Messing him about by playing him at wing back doesn't work, we should be accentuating his best attribute which is pace and playing him on the shoulder of the full back. 

This. He was hung out to dry by Levein, particularly in the first half

SpruceBringsteen

Quite like him tbh. Better than at least a dozen Hearts wingers I could name - though that may not be a ringing endorsement.

fabienleclerq

I like Mulraney, he was poor yesterday though. 

He can beat a man and has been one of our better players in the last year. Yesterday's formation first half left him out of position, needing to attack two players by himself and then defend too, horrible tactics. 

11 hours ago, Werner Herzog said:

A honking game for him today. Mulraney has always been (at best) a squad player with limited ability & consistency issues. The fact that he is 1 of only 2 players in the team offering width going forward speaks volumes over the incoherent, scattergun approach of Levein's recruitment. He is also not a wing back, but then again, playing people out of their natural position to the detriment of the entire team is Levein's forte. 

CL and his lackies did the same with Demi Mitchell. The lad was never a wing back but they continued to play him there to the detriment of the team and the player.

None more so than the 3 nil game at Ibrox last season when Demi was out of his depth in that position and it was clear for all to see (apart from Levein et al) well before that game that he should not be being played in that position. Disgrace and they are now doing the same with Mulraney. They are feking clueless.

pettigrewsstylist

Mulraney has shown his ability on several occasions. For me, he is one that need a new mgmt set up before binning.

Could still be electric and game winning player.

pettigrewsstylist
41 minutes ago, Hook said:

CL and his lackies did the same with Demi Mitchell. The lad was never a wing back but they continued to play him there to the detriment of the team and the player.

None more so than the 3 nil game at Ibrox last season when Demi was out of his depth in that position and it was clear for all to see (apart from Levein et al) well before that game that he should not be being played in that position. Disgrace and they are now doing the same with Mulraney. They are feking clueless.

Djoum had to play. Big piece of that reasoning IMO