Souttar our till after Jan shutdown (at least)

Ernie Eskilsson

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Haring nearly back

Haring is nearly ready to attempt to come back. Significant difference imo.

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Decent call. Presuming he ready to train now.

Always struck me as a guy who looked after himself.  He’s been a fan favourite wherever he has played largely because of his professionalism and attitude.  Not too dissimilar to Whelan in that respect.  Give him a deal to the end of January, will help get him in the shop window if he’s getting game time and gives us time to get Souttar and Halkett back whilst providing cover for Smith at RB while we get young Logan ready for the first team.

Brick Tamland
5 hours ago, rick witter said:

Another player made of glass!!! 

FFS you have surprised me and managed to hit a new low. 

Adam_the_legend
7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Just what is it with our injuries? We can't keep blaming bad luck. 

Apparently we can. Just bad luck, nothing to see here...

All roads lead to Gorgie

It really is one injury story after another for us and the luck has to turn soon surely. 

I wonder if the mixed bag of playing surfaces in Scottish football has anything to do with it but then again we are in a league of our own on the injury front so probably not a significant factor!

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Apparently we can. Just bad luck, nothing to see here...

The injuries are all different, if they were all out with muscle injuries then that would be different but they are not.  The only thing is have we bought injury prone players? But then players like Haring, Washington, Halkett has never been out for an extended spell before coming to hearts 

Unknown user
26 minutes ago, ramrod said:

But we can and will no doubt 

Hearts aren't a medical facility, we don't have the equipment and staff needed, we send these players out to medical experts.

When John got injured, we sent him to experts for scans.

None of the scans picked up the issue and only an exploratory operation eventually found the injury, one that these experts hadn't seen before. 

At exactly which point does this become Hearts' fault, or anything other than bad luck?

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hearts aren't a medical facility, we don't have the equipment and staff needed, we send these players out to medical experts.

When John got injured, we sent him to experts for scans.

None of the scans picked up the issue and only an exploratory operation eventually found the injury, one that these experts hadn't seen before. 

At exactly which point does this become Hearts' fault, or anything other than bad luck?

Sack the ****ing experts then.  How many times do we want to send players to ***** who find **** all and then the players are diagnosed with some other shite a month or two later? 

At what point does it stop being bad luck and become negligence? 

You’ll get the “bash the club at every opportunity” crew on in a minute but enough is enough man.  He was meant to be back end of Aug :lol: 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Sack the ****ing experts then.  How many times do we want to send players to ***** who find **** all and then the players are diagnosed with some other shite a month or two later? 

At what point does it stop being bad luck and become negligence? 

You’ll get the “bash the club at every opportunity” crew on in a minute but enough is enough man.  He was meant to be back end of Aug :lol: 

So at which point did it become anything other than bad luck?

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So at which point did it become anything other than bad luck?

Nobody knows if it’s just bad luck. 

5 hours ago, frankblack said:

Serious questions need to be asked about the medical advice we are getting as there seems to be a recurring problem of initial misdiagnosis leading to longer spells out for players.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a1849a19e7b42d30fed

Has our doctor still got Jack Ross hanging out of her?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody knows if it’s just bad luck. 

I doubt very many on Kickback are qualified to say its not 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I doubt very many on Kickback are qualified to say its not 

You don’t need to be qualified to have an opinion. You would surely need to be qualified to say it IS bad luck by your logic.

Some of it is certainly bad luck but the more injuries we get the more it begins to look like other factor(s) may be having an influence.

Could be all sorts of things, along with bad luck, affecting the total number of injuries such as signing injury prone players or poor fitness levels in some of the players etc etc

Edited by GinRummy

3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Soapy will be at Hearts for the rest of his days because no one will want to sign a player who has yet to manage a whole season without  being injured. 

I'll be happy at that. Souttar is a top class defender if the only way we can keep him is if he's injured 10 games a season, that's a price I'd be willing to pay. 

41 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I'll be happy at that. Souttar is a top class defender if the only way we can keep him is if he's injured 10 games a season, that's a price I'd be willing to pay. 

True. He’s always going to have problems with his ankle and hips. These will probably be on-going issues throughout his career. A shame because it’ll probably stop him from being a top level player. Another Chopper McLaren/Craig Levein. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
55 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You don’t need to be qualified to have an opinion. You would surely need to be qualified to say it IS bad luck by your logic.

Some of it is certainly bad luck but the more injuries we get the more it begins to look like other factor(s) may be having an influence.

Could be all sorts of things, along with bad luck, affecting the total number of injuries such as signing injury prone players or poor fitness levels in some of the players etc etc

Nah

Why the **** did Levein say 2 days ago he would be back soon then. 

He must have known he was going for an operation. 

More lies once again from our esteemed leader. 

Uche now not in even in the squad today. No mention of a problem with him. 

How long he will he be out for. ☹️

6 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Aye, doesnt seem to trust Clevid enough to use him when Berra has been well below par.

trusted him enough to give him a contract... 

Just now, Barack said:

Screenshot_20191005-144747_BBC Sport.jpg

Hamstring injuries again. 

Be back be in 2 weeks which means 3 months probably

22 minutes ago, Barack said:

Uche's hamstrings are cloned, then surgically grafted into prize-winning Bull's. Actually think he will be ok.

Dunno why. :lol:

😅 Hopefully. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Uche's hamstrings are cloned, then surgically grafted into prize-winning Bull's. Actually think he will be ok.

Dunno why. :lol:

Or maybe the players are being over trained by poor coaches

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Just bad luck then? No chance it’s anything else? 

Narrow view.

Unproven either way. Quite the opposite 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Unproven either way. Quite the opposite 

That’s the point. People insisting that it’s bad luck are just guessing. Much the same as people who think the opposite.

The more injuries that mount up the less likely that it’s to do with luck. Just common sense that surely?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, GinRummy said:

That’s the point. People insisting that it’s bad luck are just guessing. Much the same as people who think the opposite.

The more injuries that mount up the less likely that it’s to do with luck. Just common sense that surely?

You can probably say the same for 10s of clubs in the British Isles. 

Unfortunately for us seems to be our star players 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You can probably say the same for 10s of clubs in the British Isles. 

Unfortunately for us seems to be our star players 

That may be the case. I’m the first to admit my knowledge on this subject is poor. I do know the more injuries we get the less likely it is to be solely bad luck. Fwiw I also think if it was just one issue causing the problem (eg playing surface or training methods)the club would’ve sussed it out and sorted it by now.

Weakened Offender

Terrible for the player. Third or fourth long term injury though in a short career. We can forget the megabucks transfer chat now, it won't happen.