Souttar our till after Jan shutdown (at least)

Ernie Eskilsson

Ernie Eskilsson

Dreadful news. Taken 2 months to get to the bottom of why a 2 week injury wasn’t healing but sounds a very unusual injury - hard to estimate recovery time now so assume Levein’s 12 weeks is the minimum. Interesting comment also about today’s match - wants to recreate the intensity of the Aberdeen match so there’s no time to think, only to react!

I get the feeling Soapy is destined to be blighted by injuries in his career, however you want to apportion the cause (cue Joe Bloggs on here shoutng me down)...his body cant seem to put together a calm, controlled, long run of games or months of competitive competition back to back at such a young age....it clearly is through no fault of his own, just luck, lack-off or otherwise...

Similar to Naismith, it appears our bad luck and them not being physically reliable for us to plan around them being called upon, more often than not 🙁

Serious questions need to be asked about the medical advice we are getting as there seems to be a recurring problem of initial misdiagnosis leading to longer spells out for players.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a1849a19e7b42d30fed

2 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

Good news though, Levein said this week we won't need any reinforcements in defence, we can muddle through with the current squad and I for one believe him! Our injury crisis is in hand and will soon be over, won't it?

We are one defensive injury away from having no cover and months until the transfer window opens.  When that happens we are in serious trouble.

32 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Serious questions need to be asked about the medical advice we are getting as there seems to be a recurring problem of initial misdiagnosis leading to longer spells out for players.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a1849a19e7b42d30fed

Hard to disagree with this. Appears to happen regular. 

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

Good news though, Levein said this week we won't need any reinforcements in defence, we can muddle through with the current squad and I for one believe him! Our injury crisis is in hand and will soon be over, won't it?

Aye, doesnt seem to trust Clevid enough to use him when Berra has been well below par.

I fear Souttar won’t ever reach our expectations of a great player. I suspect his career could be over even before it starts.

Doom and gloom from me, hopefully I’m completely wrong.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I've thought this for a while now.  It happens far too often.

Defo need to bring in cover now.  Absolutely no way we can get to January with Berra and Dikamona as our only recognised central defenders.  No cover at RB either and our LB cover is more injury prone than all of them put together.  Said it on another thread, Hutton is available on a free.  Bring him in at RB so Smith and Berra can pair up with Dikamona as cover and move Hickey back to LB.  Would rather do that than bring in another CH where it will take a while to gel.

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Defo need to bring in cover now.  Absolutely no way we can get to January with Berra and Dikamona as our only recognised central defenders.  No cover at RB either and our LB cover is more injury prone than all of them put together.  Said it on another thread, Hutton is available on a free.  Bring him in at RB so Smith and Berra can pair up with Dikamona as cover and move Hickey back to LB.  Would rather do that than bring in another CH where it will take a while to gel.

Haring nearly back

52 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I fear Souttar won’t ever reach our expectations of a great player. I suspect his career could be over even before it starts.

I agree.  The type of injuries he’s suffered and the way he reacts to surgery/recovery time suggests to me that he doesn’t have the muscle and bone strength to have a long career. Feels like he’s been out for 3-4 months on average per season since we signed him.  Not what you expect from a lad his age.  Gutted for him.

42 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

I've thought this for a while now.  It happens far too often.

Did either of you read the article? The surgeon had to do exploratory surgery to diagnose, you don't chop people open lightly.

It’s sixkening and just wondering who it’ll be today.

never in my 30+ years in following hearts have I seen a run of injuries like the last 18 months

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

Did either of you read the article? The surgeon had to do exploratory surgery to diagnose, you don't chop people open lightly.

:spoton:

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Haring nearly back

Souttar was nearly back too.  Sorry, I’m just being cynical.  Haring, Souttar and Naismith would walk into any team in Scotland if fully fit and I fear we’ll never see all three of them in the same team because of the nature and recurrence of injuries.  

Haring to be rushed back and then out injured until Feb 2023 after predicting to be back in two or three weeks. 

Soapy will be at Hearts for the rest of his days because no one will want to sign a player who has yet to manage a whole season without  being injured. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, rick witter said:

Another player made of glass!!! 

A bit like some of the fragile posters on Kickback 

20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Soapy will be at Hearts for the rest of his days because no one will want to sign a player who has yet to manage a whole season without  being injured. 

Is that right. Didn’t realise he hadn’t done an injury free season. Yeah your statement probably right.

Unknown user
43 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I said this last season, there's a decent chance he'll spend most of his career with us now, and there's no way we'll get the kind of money we'd thought if he does go.

Me, I'd be quite happy if he stayed in maroon, he's a smashing big lad and a great player at this level. 

grumpyespana
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Does it not remind you of another great talent a certain Craig levein guys.

3fingersreid
46 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Fully agree .

Is this a good time for the club to tie the player( in this case Soapy)  down on a new longer contract - player might be feeling some kind of gratitude to the club paying his wage , but probably not - it would also be security for the player whilst he recovers 

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, TheStig said:

3 months of berra mistakes, lord help us!

I wouldn’t count on it. 

Chances of him playing 6 months in a row uninjured? 

****ing brutal but the worst part is that it's not even a Surprise. 

However, Hopefully this fixes the problem properly now.

Edited by Smith's right boot

3fingersreid
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

He's just recently signed a new contract for those exact reasons.

How long for and I hope the terms were waited in our favour ? 

Didn't realise he’d signed a new deal 👍🏻

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Probably.

Hungry hippo

I'd definitely bet that Souttar won't be at the club in 5 years. If it wasn't for this injury I think he'd be away next summer.

Obviously not ideal for his career to have had 3 serious injuries at a young age but he recovered well previously and I'd hope for the same again.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 hours ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

Dreadful news. Taken 2 months to get to the bottom of why a 2 week injury wasn’t healing but sounds a very unusual injury - hard to estimate recovery time now so assume Levein’s 12 weeks is the minimum. Interesting comment also about today’s match - wants to recreate the intensity of the Aberdeen match so there’s no time to think, only to react!

He makes our players sound like wimps and bottle jobs

1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

Haring to be rushed back and then out injured until Feb 2023 after predicting to be back in two or three weeks. 

I wish I could laugh this scenario out of court with our injury record however. 

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Until 2022. Even said he felt he owed us.

Cheers for that 👍🏻👍🏻

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Decent call. Presuming he ready to train now.

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

We are one defensive injury away from having no cover and months until the transfer window opens.  When that happens we are in serious trouble.

Trouble?....potential relegation dogfight!