Kevin Clancy

Nessjambo67

Read he has been omitted from officiating in any way this weekend . Good to see that his performance last weekend has been noticed . Was it not Clancy that awarded the non penalty at St Johnstone last season in the 2 2 draw? Or was it son of Dallas ?

3 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

Read he has been omitted from officiating in any way this weekend . Good to see that his performance last weekend has been noticed . Was it not Clancy that awarded the non penalty at St Johnstone last season in the 2 2 draw? Or was it son of Dallas ?

Dallas 

He's dreadful. Him and Madden started out pretty fair then for whatever reason they both turned into arrogant over officious *****.

Collum started out the opposite. Weird. 

Just as well for him that there aren’t any highlights of Betfred games. The non-decision when Considine rugby tackled Uche was probably the worst call in a Hearts game so far this season. 

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Clancy is one of the poorest referees in Scotland and that takes some doing.

For a while he was the best  but since last season I agree he has been poor but surely no worse than Beaton and Madden(ing)?  McLean is probably the best these days.

7 hours ago, tcjambo said:

For a while he was the best  but since last season I agree he has been poor but surely no worse than Beaton and Madden(ing)?  McLean is probably the best these days.

I thought Clancy was decent at first too but now seems one of the worst. I think he has had the poor attitude drummed into him by the referees body.

Madden is annoying AF and a poor referee to boot but Beaton is far worse in my opinion. 

As for McLean, he is diabolical. Not the worst but certainly not the best (not that that is a particularly high standard).

not exactly sure who that leaves but Alan Muir is down right incompetent and Andrew Dallas is the worst of the lot with an awful attitude. Nick Walsh I haven’t seen much of although seems to have given a number of harsh decisions against us. Don Robertson seems ok. Collum is usually good if he isn’t called upon to make a major decision.

so not exactly an embarrassment of riches...

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Alan Muir for us. Clueless if unbiased 

That's probably as good as you can hope for from the current crop of Lanarkshire (sorry Scottish) referees

Never seen Clancy have what you would consider to be a fair match ever at Tynecastle for years. When he first appeared on the scene he was pretty good and scrupulously fair - some one at Hampden obviously had a word in his ear though because in our games he is completely gash and has been for years.

12 hours ago, Mort said:

I’m sure someone posted on here that 10/12 premier league refs are from Glasgow. Absolutely no coincidence.

I think Levein said that at the HMSA meeting when talking about Uche's treatment.

I was stood waiting on the lift to the club deck at Ibrox last season for a European match and also in the que for that lift was a tall baldy Scottish ref.......

12 hours ago, Mort said:

I’m sure someone posted on here that 10/12 premier league refs are from Glasgow. Absolutely no coincidence.

47 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Never seen Clancy have what you would consider to be a fair match ever at Tynecastle for years. When he first appeared on the scene he was pretty good and scrupulously fair - some one at Hampden obviously had a word in his ear though because in our games he is completely gash and has been for years.

Why would people at Hampden have a word with a ref to give decisions against Hearts?

The Old Tolbooth

This just proves even further that Celtic run Scottish football, if any other club had made the complaint against Clancy, they'd be facing disciplinary hearings and punishments, don't get me wrong, he's an absolutely horrendous referee, but it takes decisions against the darlings of Scottish football before anything is done, corrupt to the core! 

16 hours ago, Nessjambo67 said:

It doesn't really matter which one it was they are every bit as bad as each other. Let's face it for donkey's years non old firm fans have had to put up with their bias and it will never change.

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Why would people at Hampden have a word with a ref to give decisions against Hearts?

They wouldn't. But it's a comfort blanket for crap Hearts performances. 

29 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's not so much giving decisions against Hearts as giving decisions in favour of the OF.

Like it or not, the Arse Cheeks generate substantially more money and the SFA would prefer Rangers and Celtic to be competing at the top of the league than say Hearts or Aberdeen, and so would sponsors because of the crowds.  Same applies in cup finals.  Rangers v Celtic will have a world wide TV appeal whereas a St Johnstone v Ross Co crowd will barely fill a stand, thus creating a poor image on TV.

What is a bit hypocritical is that UEFA try to promote fair play rules but allow this ref fiasco to continue in Scotland where all the big games here go the Lanarkshire/Glasgow brigade overseen by John Fleming.  It is beyond belief that Fleming thinks Sotland cannot produce even 1 or 2 good referees from Edinburgh, Perth, Fife, Aberdeen etc

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's not so much giving decisions against Hearts as giving decisions in favour of the OF.

Like it or not, the Arse Cheeks generate substantially more money and the SFA would prefer Rangers and Celtic to be competing at the top of the league than say Hearts or Aberdeen, and so would sponsors because of the crowds.  Same applies in cup finals.  Rangers v Celtic will have a world wide TV appeal whereas a St Johnstone v Ross Co crowd will barely fill a stand, thus creating a poor image on TV.

What is a bit hypocritical is that UEFA try to promote fair play rules but allow this ref fiasco to continue in Scotland where all the big games here go the Lanarkshire/Glasgow brigade overseen by John Fleming.  It is beyond belief that Fleming thinks Sotland cannot produce even 1 or 2 good referees from Edinburgh, Perth, Fife, Aberdeen etc

Are referees from those areas putting themselves forward for the top jobs? And if it is a glass ceiling do you not think we would've heard the east coast referees complain about it by now if they kept being rejected?

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Are referees from those areas putting themselves forward for the top jobs? And if it is a glass ceiling do you not think we would've heard the east coast referees complain about it by now if they kept being rejected?

Unless things have changed, they don't put themselves forward.  They are (supposedly) watched and vetted.

I was not specifically talking about east coast refs (that's your Rangers favour showing again) but the whole of Scotland, hence the "etc" at the end of my post, but if they railed against it, that would finish them completely.

Are you saying that these weegie refs currently making an arse of themselves are the best Scotland can offer?

A simple YES or NO will do?

Fort Vallance
10 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

He was little short of crap at the the Aberdeen game, him being benched this week is well deserved imo.

You're right but he wasn't  benched because of his performance in that game.

Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Unless things have changed, they don't put themselves forward.  They are (supposedly) watched and vetted.

I was not specifically talking about east coast refs (that's your Rangers favour showing again) but the whole of Scotland, hence the "etc" at the end of my post, but if they railed against it, that would finish them completely.

Are you saying that these weegie refs currently making an arse of themselves are the best Scotland can offer?

A simple YES or NO will do?

From the guy who thinks anybody west of Harthill is a weegie. Save me the geography lesson because yours is horrendous. 

Onto the point, if east coast refs were being excluded purely on where they come from do you not think something would have been made of it by now? Have a think about it. 

sadly I also thought Clancy was a very good ref first time I saw him years ago.....but has moprhed onto the same standard as the others. baffling decisions - often for us as well as against

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Why didn't Clancy give Celtic that obvious penalty v Hibs then?

Why did the apparent pro-hun Beaton give a red card to Ryan Jack v Hibs last season for nothing?

I'm not saying Celtic & Rangers don't get more decisions in their favour at home (like majority of 'bog' clubs) but can explain how the above two decisions would fit into your conspiracy theory?

All teams get decisions for and against them in football, we generally only see Hearts games in full, so I appreciate that's why people made radical claims like in your post.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

From the guy who thinks anybody west of Harthill is a weegie. Save me the geography lesson because yours is horrendous. 

Onto the point, if east coast refs were being excluded purely on where they come from do you not think something would have been made of it by now? Have a think about it. 

I said the Lanarkshire/Glasgow brigade and simply used weegie as a short cut.  As it happens a couple of the Lanarkshire ones are Glasgow born.

I have had a long think about it and nothing has changed for some years.  Only 3 Ediburgh refs have reffed the Scottish Cup final in nearly 150 years and my geography lessons have taught me Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland.  That's some coincidence.

Who was the last referee outside Glasgow/Lanarkshire to referee a S C final, excluding Ctaig Thomson from Paisley?

John Findlay

Willie Collum is a Lanarkshire referee but is a member of the Glasgow association of referees. That fact alone should have barred him from refereeing the Scottish cup final. No not in Scotland. Collum to referee the Celtic v Hibs league cup semi final. Beaton/Madden to referee our game against Sevco.

I am new here but have always believed that Scotland is too small and parochial to have senior referees.  The way forward is to do away with the top tier of referees and the various supervisors, assessors, etc. saving a fair amount of money and spend it on referees from other counties e.g. England, Scandinavia, etc.  These referees would be impartial and less likely to suffer from the "we know where you live" threats.

Forever Hearts
42 minutes ago, Colin Scott said:

I am new here but have always believed that Scotland is too small and parochial to have senior referees.  The way forward is to do away with the top tier of referees and the various supervisors, assessors, etc. saving a fair amount of money and spend it on referees from other counties e.g. England, Scandinavia, etc.  These referees would be impartial and less likely to suffer from the "we know where you live" threats.

And how much would it cost to fly these officials in every week, pay them their match fees and put them up in the best hotels?

WheatfieldWarrior
3 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

You're right but he wasn't  benched because of his performance in that game.

No,  but I can only base my opinion on games I see.

WheatfieldWarrior
3 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

sadly I also thought Clancy was a very good ref first time I saw him years ago.....but has moprhed onto the same standard as the others. baffling decisions - often for us as well as against

I agree on this - I used to think he and Madden were both pretty decent.

They have both gone downhill in the last few years.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Colin Scott said:

Are there a lot of top quality referees sitting around twiddling their thumbs, waiting for the phone to ring?

Surely if they're good enough that we want them over our own refs, they already have a gig?

Edited by Smithee

Sad as it may seem I’ve got my tin hat on but I think collum is probably the best ref just now .i would never had of said such a thing a couple of years ago what with his past history with us but I really don’t anyone better right now 

On 03/10/2019 at 21:08, Dannie Boy said:

Clancy is one of the poorest referees in Scotland and that takes some doing.

Agreed.  He's even worse than Beaton and that takes some amount of effort.

On 03/10/2019 at 19:28, Smoked-Glass said:

Celtic shud have had a penalty.   But then I hate celtic so is fine 

They also should have had a red card!!

4 hours ago, Nessjambo67 said:

Sad as it may seem I’ve got my tin hat on but I think collum is probably the best ref just now .i would never had of said such a thing a couple of years ago what with his past history with us but I really don’t anyone better right now 

Unbelievably I have reached that conclusion - at least we get an even break from him now!

SectionDJambo

When Collum gives himself a chance to think, he is a better referee. Running around with his fingers already on the red card is when he is at his worst.

Remember, he was the referee when we beat Celtic 4-0.

I’m fairly sure that Clancy is the referees’ spokesman/union guy. If so, it’s surprising they’ve benched him, unless Lawwell wants to send a message to referees that any bad decisions against Celtic, that threatens 10 in a row, won’t be tolerated, and nobody is untouchable.

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

anybody west of Harthill is a weegie.

That's obviously wrong. It's Livingston in fact maybe even Ratho Station.