Antifa (Ontario)

Adam Murray

Not sure if anyone seen this, an elderly man and his even older mother trying to cross the road to enter the Mohawk College for an event by Canadian politician Maxime Bernier.

Now whatever your politics to me, this is a step too far, absolute scum of the earth some of these Antifa types.

Here is the gentleman's response to being called a 'nazi' by these left wing fascists.

https://www.hamiltonnews.com/opinion-story/9622448-apparently-i-m-nazi-scum-/?fbclid=iwar0nvi_f2jct-7enwq1swzzumomns7rw58uo9zulcc5tq1m9hfbrtgvg8si

Scum is not a descriptive tem I normally agree with, however  I cannot disagree with your use of it in this case. Not only are they masked, but in my opinion they are being American style wannabees.  As the man says, take the mask off say who you are, cowards.

Edited by bobsharp

6 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Scum is not a descriptive tem I normally agree with, however  I cannot disagree with your use of it in this case. Not only are they masked, but in my opinion they are being American style wannabees.  As the man says, take the mask off say who you are, cowards.

Exactly if they clearly and calmly without shouting and intimidation their point of view people would be more likely to listen

Maxine Bernier is the leader of a brand-new political party, the People's Party of Canada (founded a year ago).

It's a right wing party, with similar policies to Donald Trump's Republicans: You know the stuff ... anti immigrant, climate change deniers, anti-refugee, pro-business, opposed to gun controls, etc.  

They're a tiny fringe party who will get a miniscule number of votes in the general election later this month.

They're definitely not nazis, and those antifa people are a disgrace. 

Yes, Maxime Bernier is a very unsavoury character. I believe the EPP want to actually a build a border wall in some parts... 

As unpleasant as this may have been, it all seems somewhat timid comparison to the confrontation amongst rival political factions in the states and down south over the last few years. 

indianajones
1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

Yes, Maxime Bernier is a very unsavoury character. I believe the EPP want to actually a build a border wall in some parts... 

As unpleasant as this may have been, it all seems somewhat timid comparison to the confrontation amongst rival political factions in the states and down south over the last few years. 

If I were Canadian I'd probably want a wall built too... 

America is a mental place. 

Edited by indianajones

Governor Tarkin
11 hours ago, indianajones said:

:sadrobbo:

15 hours ago, indianajones said:

America is a mental place. 

It's been mentioned more than once, in jest of course.  We have a border with the USA that's almost 9,000 km long.

As for Maxime Bernier, he's a real weasel. He started his new party because the current Conservative Party isn't far enough right for him. The current leader of the Tories is opposed to women's reproductive choices, opposed to same-sex marriage, and denies climate change.  All that isn't far enough right for Bernier.

Francis Albert
16 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

May have been??

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

May have been??

Did you not read the first half of that sentence? 

I said "as unpleasant as this may have been". Which acknowledges it was unpleasant.