Tue 1 Oct Hearts Reserves v Ross Co

RobboM

From the website

Andy Kirk's reserve side are in action tomorrow (Tue) as they face Ross County at the Oriam.

The game, played on the outdoor astro, will be the Jambos' first in two weeks after their match against Dundee United last week was postponed.

The mini Jambos currently sit top of the league with three wins from three. Ross County sit in second, three points behind their hosts.

The match kicks off at 2pm.

Supporters attending the game are encouraged to make use of public transport as parking facilities are limited at Heriot Watt University.

The Old Tolbooth

I'd imagine with all our injuries that we won't be risking any first team players in this game, which leads me to believe that it will be a pretty weak starting 11. 

21 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'd imagine with all our injuries that we won't be risking any first team players in this game, which leads me to believe that it will be a pretty weak starting 11. 

Similar line up then to the one that has won 4 out 4 games scoring 3 goals per game. 

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Similar line up then to the one that has won 4 out 4 games scoring 3 goals per game. 

Probably minus Keena.

Equaliser. Great run and pass from Charleston king and Moore collects, rounds the keeper and slides home from a tight angle. Good goal!

2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Pektov might be with a recall given our defensive injuries?

Can't recall players outwith transfer windows I don't believe. Happy to be corrected on that.

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

Can't recall players outwith transfer windows I don't believe. Happy to be corrected on that.

Think you are spot on with this

4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Is that the Lee Erwin that Motherwell sold to Leeds or just someone with same name?

Yes

He signed after a period in Iran 

Had been at Kilmarnock after leaving Leeds

Edited by Mikey1874

heartsfc_fan
8 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Ah well

15 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Pektov might be with a recall given our defensive injuries?

Petkov playing in front of back 3 Hamilton Watson darge. All 3 quite small against 2 bruisers for Ross county

HT 2-1 Hearts. It's a competitive match, not enough build up through midfield for me but Henderson and Moore have competed well on the scraps up front. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, jambo19 said:

@Footballfirst is Schiavone injured ? And whatever happened to Mackenzie Ramos?

I've not kept up with the last couple 18s/20s games so apologies if missed. 

Schiavone damaged his ankle ligaments early in the season. He should be fit again soon. 

Ramos has left the building. 

Footballfirst

Harry Paton has been County's best player. They look a physical threat with Graham and Erwin up front, but defensively they look vulnerable against Henderson's pace. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ross County generally do well at this level. Good set up, dependant on sugar daddy, but great for the community up there

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You get well worked as a physio at Hearts, that's for sure. Notice West Ham who have been similarly dogged have lost their keeper now. Funny how Doyle or Zlamal never got injured

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

You get well worked as a physio at Hearts, that's for sure. Notice West Ham who have been similarly dogged have lost their keeper now. Funny how Doyle or Zlamal never got injured

Yet Pereira did after a couple of games

It was noted by someone on this forum that Zlamal could be considered as having had a mental injury given his confidence was battered to bits.

Or perhaps: “pure mental, that injury”??

15 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Yet Pereira did after a couple of games

According to one of our experts he was injured because he was told to launch it too often:rofl:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
4 minutes ago, Henry. Henry. said:

Good win.  We must have been decent odds pre-match as I got us 11/10 inplay 2-1 up on the half hour 

We were 9/5 pre match I think, I'd had a look but was waiting to see the starting line up and then forgot about it. 😫

heartsfc_fan

That's a great win. That County side looked strong. Recognised a fair few players who have/had plenty first team experience.

Footballfirst

Hearts drawn at home to Dundee in the Youth Cup on Friday 8 November.

Full Draw

Aberdeen v Clachnacuddin
Ayr United v Montrose
Celtic v Rangers  (closed door? 😈)
Deveronvale v St. Johnstone
Dundee United v Formartine United
Dunipace v Ross County
Fraserburgh v Turriff United
Greenock Morton v Tynecastle
Heart of Midlothian v Dundee
Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Alloa Athletic
Kelty Hearts v Bonnyrigg Rose
Kilmarnock v Inverurie Loco Works
Partick Thistle v Motherwell
Queen of the South v Stirling Albion
Queen’s Park v Lossiemouth
St. Mirren v Hibernian

Edited by Footballfirst

letsalldothebeattie
16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts drawn at home to Dundee in the Youth Cup on Friday 8 November.

Full Draw

Aberdeen v Clachnacuddin
Ayr United v Montrose
Celtic v Rangers  (closed door? 😈)
Deveronvale v St. Johnstone
Dundee United v Formartine United
Dunipace v Ross County
Fraserburgh v Turriff United
Greenock Morton v Tynecastle
Heart of Midlothian v Dundee
Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Alloa Athletic
Kelty Hearts v Bonnyrigg Rose
Kilmarnock v Inverurie Loco Works
Partick Thistle v Motherwell
Queen of the South v Stirling Albion
Queen’s Park v Lossiemouth
St. Mirren v Hibernian

Decent draw that

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

That's a cracking result for them against tough opponents 

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

That's a great win. That County side looked strong. Recognised a fair few players who have/had plenty first team experience.

So it's a question about whether the Reserve League is a good competitive preparation. And several clubs saying the grass is greener. 

But games like these surely are good tests. 

8 minutes ago, farin said:

Good result, thanks for the updates @RobboM 👍🏻 

You're welcome Farin, it was a sunny day for it! 😎

Hamilton edges my MotM, seems to read the game well, wins a lot of headers for a wee guy, happy to send the ball into the trees when it is called for and picks out a good long ball.

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Harry Paton has been County's best player. They look a physical threat with Graham and Erwin up front, but defensively they look vulnerable against Henderson's pace. 

He looked quality

4 hours ago, RobboM said:

Petkov playing in front of back 3 Hamilton Watson darge. All 3 quite small against 2 bruisers for Ross county

Pektov looked really good today 

2 hours ago, RobboM said:

You're welcome Farin, it was a sunny day for it! 😎

Hamilton edges my MotM, seems to read the game well, wins a lot of headers for a wee guy, happy to send the ball into the trees when it is called for and picks out a good long ball.

Surely he can't be too wee for Hearts to play him in that position and make him captain.

Can we expect to see him on the bench or it too early for him?

RenfrewHearts
7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Paton is in and around their first team atm. Reckon he can be a cracking wee player, was disappointed he wasn’t kept on a little longer and allowed to develop. 

RenfrewHearts
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Surely he can't be too wee for Hearts to play him in that position and make him captain.

At Cowdenbeath til January

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

He's on loan at Cowdenbeath at the moment. Just had a quick look at their recent results and they have won the past 5 league games conceding just 2 goals in the process. I saw the Tunnocks Cup match with the Hearts Colts beating Cowdenbeath and they looked a poor side then so I'm surprised at the turnaround.  I'm sure I've read that Connor Smith has impressed in a few games but not seen anything particular about Hamilton but that's a decent record and he seems to have played 90 minutes in each game.