beggars

Herbert.

It's when you see beggars on their  iPhone. That really pisses me off. And there's me working 40 hours a week with my shitty budget smart plone. :seething:

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

It's when you see beggars on their  iPhone. That really pisses me off. And there's me working 40 hours a week with my shitty budget smart plone. :seething:

They have no shame.

11 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

I came out of the Tesco Express at Tollcross at the beginning of the year and offered the bag of crisps from my meal deal to the guy begging outside. He took them and thanked me. He then took out a smartphone, a better one than I had I must add, and showed me some crap youtube video. A few months later I saw his photo in the paper. It was the pedophile hunter guy who was found dead in the pond in Lochend Park. I think he must have been working undercover, or something.

:laugh: If true.

:laugh2: If false.

35 minutes ago, Rousset1 said:

:laugh: If true.

:laugh2: If false.

True story.  Wish I'd taken ma crisps back when I saw his phone  :D

2 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

True story.  Wish I'd taken ma crisps back when I saw his phone  :D

Teach you not to groom the homeless in future.  

Sexton Hardcastle

Almost that time of the year when everyone has faux feelings of guilt and goodwill for the homeless yet weeks later refer to them daily as ‘junkies’.

‘Ooh I have mental health issues but I’m happy to label people’

Prats.

4 hours ago, Herbert said:

I thought it was more a Victorian England thing. the idea would work though you give "homeless" food and shelter and they work in return. 

Good idea but most would want drink and drugs.

5 hours ago, Herbert said:

I thought it was more a Victorian England thing. the idea would work though you give "homeless" food and shelter and they work in return. 

Victorian, yes, but not just England. 

http://www.workhouses.org.uk/Edinburgh/

But aa Benny said they'd want drink or drugs these days. 😆 

Mibby a packet of crisps too.

40 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Victorian, yes, but not just England. 

http://www.workhouses.org.uk/Edinburgh/

But aa Benny said they'd want drink or drugs these days. 😆 

Mibby a packet of crisps too.

I have the solution, Get GlaxoSmithKline to buy Golden wonder or walkers and then open  these workhouses. they get cheap labour and the workforce will be happy as **** cause they'll be off their tits. I should be prime minister, I could save the country.

Edited by Herbert

Was in at a bakery getting a pie there at lunchtime, and our local man of the street was in front of me, obviously taking a break - getting himself a cuppa, and an eclair.  I engaged him in a spot of casual convo on the wee black pudding sausage rolls and what they were topped with.  Poppy seeds was my guess.  We both shrugged! Dunno!  Well, eagle-eyed AJ noticed a steak pie went into his paper bag along with a wee subtle wink; fair play to the bakers.  Then back to his sleeping bag on the sunny side of the street.

That's a happy story.  :thumbsup: 

There's a guy called Scott who begs outside my local co-op. Nice bloke. Plain out of luck. And presumably with no family / friends safety-net.

Bowel cancer and throat cancer. Waiting for his Macmillan nurse to find him a place in a hospice. Until then it's trying to get enough cash to get to a hostel each night.

Maybe I'm a mug. But i believe him.  He's been out in appalling weathers... you wouldn't decide it as a lifestyle choice.

I suppose that it might not take THAT much to go wrong for people to fall out of "the system" and end up homeless. Some bad decisions / some bad luck might be what it takes.

been here before
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

I find the comments really harsh, albeit it's not surprising given how right wing this place can be.

It's not as if the beggars have a choice in the matter.

Subtle.

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

I have the solution, Get GlaxoSmithKline to buy Golden wonder or walkers and then open  these workhouses. they get cheap labour and the workforce will be happy as **** cause they'll be off their tits. I should be prime minister, I could save the country.

If you are PM I want the works and pensions office.  ;)