beggars

Herbert.

Anyone noticed how many are in town now. it must be atleast 20 on princess street alone and most seem to be Romanian. The funny thing is I've just drove along princess street and there isn't 1 in sight. the council and police should do more to get rid of them. ****ing parasites.

Shanks said no
22 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Anyone noticed how many are in town now. it must be atleast 20 on princess street alone and most seem to be Romanian. The funny thing is I've just drove along princess street and there isn't 1 in sight. the council and police should do more to get rid of them. ****ing parasites.

Where is this street you talk of?

They’re Roma gypsies, rather than Romanian perse. There’ are groups of them in cities all over Europe, begging often aggressively. They also originate from Czech & Slovak Republics, where the Authorities treat them like the dot above the I in the Word ‘Shite’. Large population in Hungary too. Strangely, there are loads in the ‘Holy Lands’ area of Belfast just off the Ormeau  Road. and been there a while too. Sheffield too has a large population of them.

They are a historically persecuted minority but they don’t help themselves with their behaviour. Too many of them are messy, workshy, beg and steal and sadly it seems to be  engrained in their culture.

8 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

They’re Roma gypsies, rather than Romanian perse. There’ are groups of them in cities all over Europe, begging often aggressively. They also originate from Czech & Slovak Republics, where the Authorities treat them like the dot above the I in the Word ‘Shite’. Large population in Hungary too. Strangely, there are loads in the ‘Holy Lands’ area of Belfast just off the Ormeau  Road. and been there a while too. Sheffield too has a large population of them.

They are a historically persecuted minority but they don’t help themselves with their behaviour. Too many of them are messy, workshy, beg and steal and sadly it seems to be  engrained in their culture.

Yeah, but what about the Roma Gypsies?

There's a local bloke that's getting on the 44 bus route and going up and down asking everyone for money lately. Stinks and wears a huge black rucksack, sometimes abuses folk for no reason. Must be no older than mid 30s.

Shame 

I saw the guy, i call him King Gypsy. The grey haired guy who walks around with a suitcase. Its like he is their supervisor. He was outside Frasers one morning talking to two elderly female gypsies. One was crying and he was angry with her. Out of nowhere he booted her in the stomach. Street was quite busy. I was probably one of few that noticed. And yes, i done nothing, shocked as i was. Nothing would have happened anyway. She'd have said nothing.

My friend says, they are all broken into that life and there is no way out for them even if the wanted. Particuarly the women.

They used to really irritate me with their signs. Homeless, looking for a job etc when they arent. Ive saw them getting dropped off in a white Mercedes van. Its technically a business. Business is the wrong term, sorry. But to be fair, there are just as many British "homeless" with the same signs.

Scottish girl in Morningside used to have her sign saying she was pregnant. The amount of baby stuff people left was crazy. She was pregnant for over a year. Now her sign says, ive a young family.

I wonder where the Gypsies live(?). I have a feeling they dont claim dole/housing benefit as they'd have to show intent on finding work at some point.

Makes me wonder how brexit will affect them, if it will.

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, Herbert said:

We’re you driving a bus?

7 hours ago, Herbert said:

Tag teams.

5 hours ago, AW1 said:

There's a local bloke that's getting on the 44 bus route and going up and down asking everyone for money lately. Stinks and wears a huge black rucksack, sometimes abuses folk for no reason. Must be no older than mid 30s.

Shame 

Tooled up, most probably.

jack D and coke

What type is clown gives this vermin a penny anyway? 
It’s been known for years they are part of a “business” 

Give them absolutely **** all. 

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, Plank said:

I wonder where the Gypsies live(?). 

A few years ago I was on a job in Hillside Street for a few weeks.

Each morning at around half 7 a van would pull up and around 15 Roma women would be herded out of a ground floor main door flat by a couple of burly Romanian men and into the van. We were gone by the time they returned in the evening. Looked pretty much like slaves to me.

We reported it to the rozzers obviously, and were told they would keep an eye on them but there was nothing they could do.

Absolutely sickening.

14 hours ago, Herbert said:

How does that work then?

28 minutes ago, Boof said:

How does that work then?

He’s comparing the number through the day to the number at night due to them going home. 

33 minutes ago, Boof said:

How does that work then?

Pretty easy. Drive a bus or taxi  

Sorted. 

29 minutes ago, gjcc said:

He’s comparing the number through the day to the number at night due to them going home. 

That’s right.

Probably to Barnton and Stockaree and Morningside.

15 hours ago, Herbert said:

Last month a squad of professional beggars got busted after they were caught operating between Bristol and Bath. Bath being a popular tourist hub must've made them a fair few :wonga:

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

That’s right.

Probably to Barnton and Stockaree and Morningside.

I see one up drum brae all the time. he some times sits just along from haymarket.

51 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Ah - the penny drops :)

I just read it as 'there's loads'...'there's none'. :facepalm:

19 minutes ago, gjcc said:

My favourite is the one that pretends she’s only got one leg. Not seen her for a while mind. Must have made enough to retire. :lol: 

There's 2 in Bath and the lassie is supposed to be pregnant.  Just so happens she's been preggars since November last year. :rofl:

The one that sits outside Scotmid at the top of Marchmont Rd must work freelance as she gets on the 24 bus after her shift! 

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

My favourite is the one that pretends she’s only got one leg. Not seen her for a while mind. Must have made enough to retire. :lol: 

yeah her profits were down so she got replaced with the one that has 3 kids and cant see God. 

6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

yeah her profits were down so she got replaced with the one that has 3 kids and cant see God. 

It’s the homegrown chancers I feel sorry for. The local jake that used to be (possibly still is) perpetually stuck in a loop of being 20p short for the bus at Shandwick Place must have seen profits dive. 

Just now, been here before said:

Or get a scabby dug with a rope lead.

Or run for parliament (Anywhere).

jack D and coke

If you give any of these chancers money you’re an absolute balloon. They’re ripping the pish. 
The ones that sit outside shops and cashpoints really boil my pish though. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

If you give any of these chancers money you’re an absolute balloon. They’re ripping the pish. 

The auld jakies were the best. Jakie "Son, have you 20p for wee coffee?" Me "There's 40p... Get me wan, anaw"

15 hours ago, Plank said:

I wonder where the Gypsies live(?). I have a feeling they dont claim dole/housing benefit as they'd have to show intent on finding work at some point.

Makes me wonder how brexit will affect them, if it will.

A lot of them are in privately rented accommodation and I see plenty of housing benefit claims where they are “self employed” and barely make any profit. 

34 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They should learn a musical instrument.

There is one whom I believe is genuine and plays the recorder albeit badly. However she is out in all kinds of weather so don't want to paint her with the same brush as the chances.

20 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

you should see the boy that sits outside the standing order on George street. He is a ****ing prick. he sits on the kerb facing the tables outside trying to give people a guilt trip. The police should search them at the end of the day and take their cash under proceeds of crime or what ever it's called.

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

There is one whom I believe is genuine and plays the recorder albeit badly. However she is out in all kinds of weather so don't want to paint her with the same brush as the chances.

You know when folk are genuine and in need of a wee helping hand, whether a coffee or just a wee chin wag. No-one should be in much trouble with the wealth in these four Nations. :(

Can’t stand the one outside my work

homeless sign, in near perfect English, thrusting her cup asking people for cash in non existent english

rocks up at or about 630am every day then fecks off at 5/6 at night

Then comes in and bear in mind claims to be homeless but buying a bag of potatoes and a full chicken... where are you cooking that??

pain in the bottom 

Edited by BM1874

There's one that sits outside Sainsburys in Bernard Street.

He sits there smoking his fags (not rollies) and drinking his cans of lager.

Years ago my mate handed some change to a "beggar" on the pavement on Victoria street. An hour later we saw him drinking at the same bar as us in The Mission. We couldn't persuade my mate to ask for his money back......

There's one boy that sits outside the Tesco Express on Hawkhill in Dundee, from the crack of dawn in the morning, with a massive Rottweiler.  He clearly isn't actually homeless, as he's ****ed off by the time I walk home from work, but he's a chatty one.  Everyone who walks past gets a "Morning mate, spare 50p for a wee cuppae tea?". 

I'm considering walking a different way, but I always forget and then it catches me out, every single day. 

PS - where the actual **** do you get a cup of tea for 50p?

Edited by tian447

5 hours ago, Herbert said:

you should see the boy that sits outside the standing order on George street. He is a ****ing prick. he sits on the kerb facing the tables outside trying to give people a guilt trip. The police should search them at the end of the day and take their cash under proceeds of crime or what ever it's called.

I called him out one day,he jumped up and wanted to fight.the door staff took his side and I walked away saying this country is fukked

I got the the train back into Central Station one night after a Scotland match and a noisome jakey sat beside me playing with her very nice new mobile phone. As I left the station by the Gordon Street exit there she was, sitting on the pavement, scabby old paper cup in front of her.

I came out of the Tesco Express at Tollcross at the beginning of the year and offered the bag of crisps from my meal deal to the guy begging outside. He took them and thanked me. He then took out a smartphone, a better one than I had I must add, and showed me some crap youtube video. A few months later I saw his photo in the paper. It was the pedophile hunter guy who was found dead in the pond in Lochend Park. I think he must have been working undercover, or something.

1 hour ago, obua said:

I called him out one day,he jumped up and wanted to fight.the door staff took his side and I walked away saying this country is fukked

you should have leathered **** out of him. If the guy is fit enough to offer you a fight he's fit enough to go work and earn his own money instead of sitting on his arse begging. If people really are that desperate for food and shelter they should bring back work houses.

5 hours ago, Herbert said:

you should have leathered **** out of him. If the guy is fit enough to offer you a fight he's fit enough to go work and earn his own money instead of sitting on his arse begging. If people really are that desperate for food and shelter they should bring back work houses.

Work houses. Nae bother Adolf.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Work houses. Nae bother Adolf.

I thought it was more a Victorian England thing. the idea would work though you give "homeless" food and shelter and they work in return. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Herbert said:

:laugh: