Ref sends off 8 ball boys for wasting time

Lovecraft

As crazy as it sounds there was a game where I felt one of our ballboys contributed to a defeat for us. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6177685.stm

Unfortunately I can't find any footage of the game but the ball went out of play and with the Hearts players out of position the ballboy quickly gave the Aberdeen player the ball and they scored from the resulting move. 

It definitely felt like we should train our ball boys and girls to delay slightly when giving it to the opposition. 

Apologies if it was you. I know you were only doing your job! :)

Edited by Silvery_Moon

I liked the ball boy that threw ball at Lewis Stevenson's ***** last season.

He wasn't amused and had to be restrained (LS, not the ballboy) :lol:

edit:

***** = vagina

Edited by Tommy Brown

26 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

As crazy as it sounds there was a game where I felt one of our ballboys contributed to a defeat for us. 

Unfortunately I can't find any footage of the game but the ball went out of play and with the Hearts players out of position the ballboy quickly gave the Aberdeen player the ball and they scored from the resulting move. 

It definitely felt like we should train our ball boys and girls to delay slightly when giving it to the opposition. 

Famously, Jim McLean used to withdraw all the ball boys if Dundee Utd. were ahead in a game with the clock running down, especially in Euro games!

28 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Famously, Jim McLean used to withdraw all the ball boys if Dundee Utd. were ahead in a game with the clock running down, especially in Euro games!

I was one of those ball boys when United were on their successful European campaign. Ball boys were all S forms. Well drilled in the dark arts of European football.

The night they played Roma we were sat down for half an hour pra match with Walter Smith and told in no uncertain terms to make sure the ball was given to a United player.

5 minutes ago, JyTees said:

I was one of those ball boys when United were on their successful European campaign. Ball boys were all S forms. Well drilled in the dark arts of European football.

The night they played Roma we were sat down for half an hour pra match with Walter Smith and told in no uncertain terms to make sure the ball was given to a United player.

:smile:

I'll bet you've got some "colourful" and "interesting" McLean-related anecdotes to tell! You'll have washed and polished the boss man's car a good few times as well, I'll bet? Years ago, I used to work with a boy* who was a young player at Tannadice in the JM era and that was one of his regular duties. 

(*Guy Devereaux: is that a name you know?)

2 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:smile:

I'll bet you've got some "colourful" and "interesting" McLean-related anecdotes to tell! You'll have washed and polished the boss man's car a good few times as well, I'll bet? Years ago, I used to work with a boy* who was a young player at Tannadice in the JM era and that was one of his regular duties. 

(*Guy Devereaux: is that a name you know?)

Can't say I know the name, and probably paths never crossed because I'm sure I'd remember such a handle if they had.

As an S form we didn't see much of JM so never had the pleasure of polishing the car. Walter Smith on the other hand.

Their youth setup at the time was second to none.

Pasquale for King
On 29/09/2019 at 19:26, Silvery_Moon said:

The fans do it sometimes too, hold it or throw in any other direction apart from right into their hands.