Potential hibs fan too ??

3fingersreid

Салатные палочки
45 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Sure Eastenders had a story line like that years ago. Yes I some times watch it, no shame 

Aye the Slater sisters. Quite a hard hitting storyline at the time. Won a good few awards for it. 

Anyway, :fth:

Read in one of the rags today about a married couple who have recently found out they have the same father (who isn’t in either of their lives). They are about to welcome their first child into the world. 

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Don’t think it was that uncommon back in the day with the lack of contraception and the shame of being a single mother. 

Correct. Completely different society back then, with the church still very influential. Loads of shotgun weddings back then too. 1 of my grannies  gave birth 4 months after her wedding day and the other 6 months. My parents were the result on each occasion.

Roll forward 2 generations and my sister and her other half, together 15 years, have a 10 & 7 year old and haven’t ever shown the slightest inclination to marry. I’m told Anyone who raises it with them is told to bolt.

That particular story is quite a sad one and just one example of very many people born to US GI dads who didn’t hang around. There used to be a woman from Greenock at my work and she said there were  loads of illegit babies born to US sailors from the Holy Loch US Sub base in the 70s and 80s, including a good few with a dash of colour in about the whitest place you’ll ever see, at a time of ignorance and intolerance.