My 600lb life

Vlad Magic

Some channel flicking and came across this on Sky.

As per title it’s about obese individuals and their battle to take control of lifestyle and diet and ultimately save their lives.

Episode I fell on is a chap called Sean and he weighed over a thousand pounds. That’s 1 thousand pounds!!! That’s over 4x me and I’m a big lad at 6ft 7 and 17 stone.

The lad Sean appears relatively young? Haven’t seen it all so can’t tell you his exact age but I’m guessing mid 20’s?’How the hell do you get to a thousand pounds in weight in your 20’s?

The Doctor treating pulls no punches. Says if you don’t lose weight you will die but this lad won’t lose weight?

The psychology involved in the cases must be studied and measured put in place as the resources used to treat must be unimaginable.

The UK is on the verge of an obesity epidemic. This program opened my 44 year olds eyes. 

I moved to Madrid 2 months ago and I’ve noticed that there are virtually no overweight children about. In fact, in general people are much more active/in better shape than those in the UK. 

Dagger Is Back
42 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I moved to Madrid 2 months ago and I’ve noticed that there are virtually no overweight children about. In fact, in general people are much more active/in better shape than those in the UK. 

I’ve worked with kids for 15 years and the decline in fitness levels in the 3-9 age group is frightening

Tick tock

Салатные палочки

I watch this sometimes if there's nothing else on. 

Who am I kidding, I love it. The wee Iranian doctor is great with them. Pulls no punches when it comes to getting them told. 

Some of them are in an absolutely ridiculous condition. How can you live your life like that and then suddenly, when your 740lbs, look in the mirror and say, "oh shit, I've fair packed on the beef"? 

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

He did end up losing 400 pounds plus by end of the program. No idea how he ended up or even survived.

If it’s the same guy I’m thinking of he died aged 29 early this year. He put back on near 300lbs in the space of 2 months IIRC. 

Edit: this guy. 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/13/600lb-life-star-died-putting-278lb-two-months-9934554/

Edited by gjcc
Link added.

It's quite simple.

In the real world, they would either die, or not be that size.

Modern society is the problem.

Who would bring people that size food?

I watch this religiously.....  Finally found a use for my Rosary beads...

Dr No.....  Yes that's what they call Dr Nozaradan...  Invites these folk to Texas for a weigh in.....  There they arrive with usually their mattress, have a family fight, eat giant fast foot portions, struggle through the door then get ripped to shreds on Tv , by the good doctor........

The best episodes are when the scales are Fawlty?

On most evenings at 8pm.....

One 

Most folk have a hard life but a decent go at losing weight....

However there have been a few sad tales of folk who for, mental issues amomg others have passed away...

As someone who has always carried a couple of extra stone.... I always hope they can turn it around........

Its noticeable how many women on the show have been abused at childhood......

Addictive TV..

9 hours ago, gjcc said:

If it’s the same guy I’m thinking of he died aged 29 early this year. He put back on near 300lbs in the space of 2 months IIRC. 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/13/600lb-life-star-died-putting-278lb-two-months-9934554/

Correct. Same lad. 

The really sad sad thing with this and the majority of cases I believe is it’s someone literally feeding them to death. They physically can’t get to the shops so it’s a relative in most cases doing the shopping.

Sad sad scenario.

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Correct. Same lad. 

The really sad sad thing with this and the majority of cases I believe is it’s someone literally feeding them to death. They physically can’t get to the shops so it’s a relative in most cases doing the shopping.

Sad sad scenario.

There was another show posted on this site within the last year or so about people that were stuck in their own houses due to being too fat to leave. One of the people featured spent all day in bed whilst her daughters kept the house clean and fed her cheesecake. God only knows how that type of behavious develops.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

There was another show posted on this site within the last year or so about people that were stuck in their own houses due to being too fat to leave. One of the people featured spent all day in bed whilst her daughters kept the house clean and fed her cheesecake. God only knows how that type of behavious develops.

I remember that. Disgusting behaviour. The daughter wasn't far off the same weight. 

I've always assumed they use the same bed pans that are used in hospitals when someone is incapacitated. Must be a nightmare positioning the thing, particularly when you consider the size of the shites they must produce.

When you're bedbound, you just piss and shite where you lay and some poor fecker has to clean you off later on.

There's no bedpans, no holes cut in the bed. 

They just soil themselves.

Edited by Cade

Eat more calories than you need and you will eventually turn into a big fat baby that needs other people to help you continue your disgusting lifestyle.

luckyBatistuta

Used to pick up this guy now and then, who would have to lay himself on the floor and then drag himself up on to the seat. He must have been about 30 stone. He would give me the boak with the smell, it was really, really bad. Also would hand me his stuff to carry in, which would be filthy, didn’t want to touch any of it. I picked him up with his sister one day and had to get out and check my suspension, as I felt like I was in the Wacky Races, because I was so high in the front and  it was so low at the back that there was no space between my tyres and the wheel arches. I ended up refusing to ever take him again, as he snapped my leaf spring on one journey, which ended up costing me £70. 

Pressure sores are another common issue, and with the constant self soiling, infection is rampant.

Some of them are rotting alive, sitting in a puddle of piss shit and pus.

All the while stuffing burgers and pizza down their necks.

The two main reasons some people end up extremely obese are:

1. Incredibly bad parenting

2. Judgement and hatred from others, which leads them to hate themselves

Viewing this thread, it's so good to see that precisely zero of this has been heeded by anyone.

If someone is extremely obese, why would they go out to be stared at and abused by others? So they stay indoors and the vicious circle gets worse. And worse. And worse.

But then, what this thread is really is a chance for Kickbackers to feel better about themselves by attacking others. Even when I bet plenty of people on here have and have had their own awful addictions: including to things which, so sick is UK culture, are actively glamourised and celebrated, yet destroy countless lives. Including of addicts' families and friends.

Edited by shaun.lawson

13 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Which episode is Janet on, might give it a watch.

Sorry for delay in answering.

Eventually managed to speak to her this morning (she was somewhere between breakfast, lunch, mid-morning snack and ‘just a wee nibble to keep me going’).

She is not featuring on this show as she does not match the criteria.

Take from that what you will.

What is blindingly obvious is that so many of the folk on the show are from the South, many suffering real hardship....  

Folk on this thread have said a few naughty things, but there is no hate shown against these poor folk..

I enjoy seeing folk who were in a bad place, reaching their target, or at least giving Dr No"s Program a decent attempt...

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Sorry for delay in answering.

Eventually managed to speak to her this morning (she was somewhere between breakfast, lunch, mid-morning snack and ‘just a wee nibble to keep me going’).

She is not featuring on this show as she does not match the criteria.

Take from that what you will.

Thought about Janet yesterday (did I really just type that:lol:)  I was watching the quiz show Tenable.

The question was...

what are the ten largest things in our solar system 🤔

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Thought about Janet yesterday (did I really just type that:lol:)  I was watching the quiz show Tenable.

The question was...

what are the ten largest things in our solar system 🤔

She’s huge.

20 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Viewing this thread, it's so good to see that precisely zero of this has been heeded by anyone.

If someone is extremely obese, why would they go out to be stared at and abused by others? So they stay indoors and the vicious circle gets worse. And worse. And worse.

But then, what this thread is really is a chance for Kickbackers to feel better about themselves by attacking others. Even when I bet plenty of people on here have and have had their own awful addictions: including to things which, so sick is UK culture, are actively glamourised and celebrated, yet destroy countless lives. Including of addicts' families and friends.

And go on a tv show watched by millions. 

What particularly annoys me is morbidly obese bairns. Don’t get me wrong I appreciate there are medical conditions etc but there are so many kicking about stuffing their coupons with shite from take aways and drinking “energy” drinks it’s obvious most are just fed garbage.

If their folks were starving them they’d be in court but feel free to feed them crap.

And don’t get me started on ****** fat dugs either 😀Animal cruelty it is

On 28/09/2019 at 12:21, luckyBatistuta said:

Used to pick up this guy now and then, who would have to lay himself on the floor and then drag himself up on to the seat. He must have been about 30 stone. He would give me the boak with the smell, it was really, really bad. Also would hand me his stuff to carry in, which would be filthy, didn’t want to touch any of it. I picked him up with his sister one day and had to get out and check my suspension, as I felt like I was in the Wacky Races, because I was so high in the front and  it was so low at the back that there was no space between my tyres and the wheel arches. I ended up refusing to ever take him again, as he snapped my leaf spring on one journey, which ended up costing me £70. 

You must have arms like The Rock?!

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You must have arms like The Rock?!

:lol:  Good one...When I first read it back, I was more expecting someone coming back with something about me driving around picking up men🙀

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:lol:  Good one...When I first read it back, I was more expecting someone coming back with something about me driving around picking up men🙀

It did cross my mind. :cornette_dog:

Better call Saul

I know a couple of people that were massively over weight but managed to get a gastric band fitted.. Not sure if fitted is the correct term but it annoyed me a little as they have got fat on thier own not caring about the neglect of thier body yet the NHS pay thousands to help them lose weight... One of them actually informed many she lost weight  by going to the gym.. Lying bitch. 

Edited by Ferris Bueller

1 hour ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I know a couple of people that were massively over weight but managed to get a gastric band fitted.. Not sure if fitted is the correct term but it annoyed me a little as they have got fat on thier own not caring about the neglect of thier body yet the NHS pay thousands to help them lose weight... One of them actually informed many she lost weight  by going to the gym.. Lying bitch. 

It does grate a bit as it is self-inflicted but the cost savings with gastric bands and similare surgeries are huge over the long run. The same is true of getting addicts off recreational drugs and so on.

Better call Saul
1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

It does grate a bit as it is self-inflicted but the cost savings with gastric bands and similare surgeries are huge over the long run. The same is true of getting addicts off recreational drugs and so on.

YE I thought the cost saving would be a significant reason apposed to the increase of people with  over weight related diseases that would go on and on and on 

On 28/09/2019 at 18:13, shaun.lawson said:

You forgot 3 - Being greedy and lazy.

19 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Didnae like to say...

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

You forgot 3 - Being greedy and lazy.

And you forgot 4 & 5.

4. Genetics.

5. Certain medical & mental health conditions.

Whilst over eating and/or lack of exercise can be attributed to many overweight people, it's not a factor in many other cases where there is something else at play.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And you forgot 4 & 5.

4. Genetics.

Whilst over eating and/or lack of exercise can be attributed to many overweight people, it's not a factor in many other cases where there is something else at play.

Medical conditions can contribute but they are extremely rare. Overeating is pretty much always a factor.

20 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Medical conditions can contribute but they are extremely rare. Overeating is pretty much always a factor.

But why do some people overeat, and some people don't?   Could it in part be due to a mental health issue, and isn't mental health problems medical?

I just think there is way more to this whole issue rather than it simply being down to stuffing your face.

46 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And you forgot 4 & 5.

4. Genetics.

6. Big bones. 

Edited by gjcc
Can’t count

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

But why do some people overeat, and some people don't?   Could it in part be due to a mental health issue, and isn't mental health problems medical?

I just think there is way more to this whole issue rather than it simply being down to stuffing your face.

Yes it could. 

On 27/09/2019 at 22:26, gjcc said:

29 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Yes it could. 

"Sean initially managed to lose over 400lb while on the show, but his mum continued to feed him unhealthy food and even told him to ignore his doctor’s instructions. "

Sounds like his mum is the one with the mental health issues here. Poor kid.