Car Insurance

davemclaren

Car insurance renewal came through and I noticed it still said there were 3 cars at this address but my daughter left over a year ago so now only 2. Phoned to tell them and they said they would note it as a mid year change with increased premium of 17p ( for the 3 weeks left on thus years ) plus a £26 admin fee!! I laughed loudly telling them that was bizarre so she got agreement to waive the admin fee. So,  I’ve now paid them the extra 17p for this year and my next year premium has gone up by about £4.

What’s the logic behind that? :cornette_dog:

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Car insurance renewal came through and I noticed it still said there were 3 cars at this address but my daughter left over a year ago so now only 2. Phoned to tell them and they said they would note it as a mid year change with increased premium of 17p ( for the 3 weeks left on thus years ) plus a £26 admin fee!! I laughed loudly telling them that was bizarre so she got agreement to waive the admin fee. So,  I’ve now paid them the extra 17p for this year and my next year premium has gone up by about £4.

What’s the logic behind that? :cornette_dog:

Name and shame that company Dave.

Maybe their logic is if there is only two cars there is less choice for the burglars so they are 17p a month more likely to hit yours?

1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

You surely haven't took the new policy on without shopping around?

This year is the first Iv had the cheapest offer from my existing insurer , was the same with pet insurance (car insurance was cheaper than last year and pet insurance went up) , home insurance i moved and saved about £3 a month. 

23 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

You surely haven't took the new policy on without shopping around?

Did an online comparison and still the cheapest. However, if they had insisted I pay the £26 to cover a 17p premium increase I would have moved on principle. 

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

More cars at household means less chance any particular car will be used and thus less likely to be claimed against.

I suppose so. Bloody actuaries.