• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rick witter

• pettigrewsstylist

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jambogaza said:

We should be winning - no excuses. This 'we are awfy tired though' rubbish isn't an excuse. We have a big squad and enough to get past St mirren. 

Nonesense. 

St mirren beat Aberdeen and lost 0-1 to rangers there.

We can win it, but this "we should be winning - no excuses" nonesense is just a term that folk with little football knowledge use. 

St mirren will fancy their chances, but I agree it's a game we can win and the type of game we need to win to make up some lost ground. 

If you're logic of "no excuses" was used  and applird to the rangers sf, for example then you'd be ok with us getting hammered, as they have no excuses not to be Hammering us?

Football is more complicated. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

2-2

Morrison and Whelan (pen)

Decent shout, but I'm going for a 2-1 us, with us scoring first for a change. 

Diadora Van Basten

Disagree with those who say we should rest players.

We need to build some momentum.

There is an international week on the horizon so the players can rest then.

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

Will there be a cash turnstile for this?

There will be according to St Mirren who I called this morning provided we don't sell out our allocation at Tynecastle. I want to go but as I don't live locally I cant get into the ticket office and there is no ticket email service, just got to take my chances! Their turnstyles open at 1pm for away supporters.

22 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

I’m assuming, despite warnings of limited cash tickets, that the chances of being turned away from an 8000 capacity stadium are pretty slim???

Yes 

St Mirren are decent re helping fans. Don't know for definite but pretty sure you'll get in. 

4 hours ago, King prawn said:

Big Joel

Smith Halkett Berra Hickey

Whelan Irving

Morrison Meshino Mulraney

Uche

Agree with playing a back 4 but I’d like to see something more like this. Meshino has such quick feet and would be useful in and around the box if they sit in. 

2 or 3 changes will be enough to freshen the team up 

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

I’m assuming, despite warnings of limited cash tickets, that the chances of being turned away from an 8000 capacity stadium are pretty slim???

160 tickets available for cash gate. First come, first served.

Edited by ...a bit disco

16 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

160 tickets available for cash gate. First come, first served.

That’s mental - they’ll be turning custom away

40 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Dirty Celtic loving cheating filth! Just get them smashed to bits Hearts!

If further reason was needed...

E7B832E9-F846-4DE2-A447-D9EB23C11E1B.jpeg

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nonesense. 

St mirren beat Aberdeen and lost 0-1 to rangers there.

We can win it, but this "we should be winning - no excuses" nonesense is just a term that folk with little football knowledge use. 

St mirren will fancy their chances, but I agree it's a game we can win and the type of game we need to win to make up some lost ground. 

If you're logic of "no excuses" was used  and applird to the rangers sf, for example then you'd be ok with us getting hammered, as they have no excuses not to be Hammering us?

Football is more complicated. 

Point still stands - we should be winning. If you want a hearts team that is at the top end of the league and winning games, you better hope the players have my attitude and not yours. It won't be easy, for sure, but it must be won in whatever way is possible. Anything beneath that is loser mentality. 

We need to win but we won’t as we are way too inconsistent win a few lose a few draw a few is the way it will always be under Levein. A true mid table team is what we are. 

1-0 St Mirren 

27 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We need to win but we won’t as we are way too inconsistent win a few lose a few draw a few is the way it will always be under Levein. A true mid table team is what we are. 

1-0 St Mirren 

Mr Happy

14 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Mr Happy

If we take 6 points from St Mirren and then Killie I would say Levein is beginning to turn it around and by that time we should have some of the injured players back. 

I would be astonished if we manage that though. 

Bought a few tickets for this game yesterday but just realised tonight they need collected from tynecastle. Me and my mates going live in Glasgow is there anyone going to the game tomorrow via tynecastle able to pick them up for me then give them over at the ground? If not might need to drive through in the morning to collect.

27 minutes ago, rick witter said:

If we take 6 points from St Mirren and then Killie I would say Levein is beginning to turn it around and by that time we should have some of the injured players back. 

I would be astonished if we manage that though. 

We are all aware of your astonishment.  Me, I am looking forward to. WIN WIN situation.

This team is slowly starting to gel.  Penalties aside, they are starting to defend better.  Still missing Souttar and Haring.

I notice that the game is live on St Midden TV.  €6.99 or whatever that translates to in Boris bucks.  That'll do for me.

16 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

We are all aware of your astonishment.  Me, I am looking forward to. WIN WIN situation.

This team is slowly starting to gel.  Penalties aside, they are starting to defend better.  Still missing Souttar and Haring.

And Walker, Naismith and Washington. 

1 minute ago, Alec Eiffel said:

I notice that the game is live on St Midden TV.  €6.99 or whatever that translates to in Boris bucks.  That'll do for me.

That might only be for overseas subscribers.  I’d check before you give them any cash. Similar to Hearts tv. 

8 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Disagree with those who say we should rest players.

We need to build some momentum.

There is an international week on the horizon so the players can rest then.

This in spades! 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Morgan said:

If further reason was needed...

E7B832E9-F846-4DE2-A447-D9EB23C11E1B.jpeg

Is that real? Why, what... ? I was scrolling down this page, got to the bottom then thought "wait a minute what did I see there?" and went back up.

On 26/09/2019 at 09:59, Thought Police said:

I was thinking young Hickey could do with a rest, but honestly don't know who'd replace him.

Why have you spoken to him?? 😉

Seriously the young guy is loving his football and will want to keep playing. 👍

On 26/09/2019 at 09:59, Thought Police said:

I was thinking young Hickey could do with a rest, but honestly don't know who'd replace him.

Why have you spoken to him?? 😉

Seriously the young guy is loving his football and will want to keep playing. 👍

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is that real? Why, what... ? I was scrolling down this page, got to the bottom then thought "wait a minute what did I see there?" and went back up.

😂

7 hours ago, rick witter said:

1-0 St Mirren 

Clearly you think our oponents are better than us.

Don't know why I bother.

pettigrewsstylist
19 hours ago, jambogaza said:

We should be winning - no excuses. This 'we are awfy tired though' rubbish isn't an excuse. We have a big squad and enough to get past St mirren. 

Excuses planted early 😂😂 we should have a squad to deal with having to play LC QFs or WTF is the point!

Oh aye...injuries.

Score draw will represent progress 😐

pettigrewsstylist
16 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Indeed.

Worthing Jambo
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Celtic were playing reserve matches there.

40 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Celtic were playing reserve matches there.

No, here’s the story. The hooped demons were getting some work done at their ground and played three pre-season friendlies at Paisley. Obviously, being the start of the season, they wanted to cash in by selling demon attire of various descriptions. Hence, the sign. All done with the agreement of the club.

Many St Mirren fans were raging though, some even allegedly suggesting that if the club didn’t take it down, it would be coming down !

It came down pretty quick !

Edited by Boab

59 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Excuses planted early 😂😂 we should have a squad to deal with having to play LC QFs or WTF is the point!

Oh aye...injuries.

Score draw will represent progress 😐

Pretty much. 

We beat hibs and aberdeen without these players so hopefully we can be bold and take the game to St Mirren and show our quality from the first whistle. 

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Pretty much. 

We beat hibs and aberdeen without these players so hopefully we can be bold and take the game to St Mirren and show our quality from the first whistle. 

I know it’s difficult for players carrying niggles and some players fatigue worse than others but it’s time to grit the teeth and show courage.  They always say players just want to play so let’s see how much they want it. They’ve probably not trained at all with the schedule this week. 

The problem these days though is, I think players are brought up to stick their hands up at the slightest of knocks. In turn I think it becomes a mentality issue where players years ago showed more guts to fight through things and just wanted to be part of the first 11 every week. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

I know it’s difficult for players carrying niggles and some players fatigue worse than others but it’s time to grit the teeth and show courage.  They always say players just want to play so let’s see how much they want it. They’ve probably not trained at all with the schedule this week. 

The problem these days though is, I think players are brought up to stick their hands up at the slightest of knocks. In turn I think it becomes a mentality issue where players years ago showed more guts to fight through things and just wanted to be part of the first 11 every week. 

Definitely. 

I have always suspected that winning teams have less niggles as the players do not want to miss out. If a team is struggling then it’s too easy for a player to claim a dodgy hamstring or whatever. 

And winning teams do not seem to get as tired either. 

In my uninformed opinion, obviously!

Hoping for the best...but anyone thinking that 2 high intensity games, including extra time, (while our opponents have been resting), won't have a significant impact on this game, is nuts.

3 minutes ago, jimbo99 said:

Hoping for the best...but anyone thinking that 2 high intensity games, including extra time, (while our opponents have been resting), won't have a significant impact on this game, is nuts.

True, but:

firstly, as a club we want to be successful and that means going deep in tournaments and playing in the Europa League. We need to deal with this. 

Secondly, Levein does not have any more room for excuses. 

13 hours ago, rick witter said:

1-0 St Mirren 

Who are Hibs playing today?

15 minutes ago, jimbo99 said:

We have far better players than st mirren. They are well organised and hard to break down but we’ve been scoring goals. It’s all about the hearts defence today.

Some of the comments on here just beggar belief. Clearly playing Fifa19 just rots the brain.

Anybody not expecting a hard game today is clearly delusional. 

Obviously hoping for a victory but a draw will be a good result today.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Some of the comments on here just beggar belief. Clearly playing Fifa19 just rots the brain.

Anybody not expecting a hard game today is clearly delusional. 

Obviously hoping for a victory but a draw will be a good result today.

If thats what we are reduced to,thinking thats a good result...then  jeez christ