***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

4 minutes ago, Rods said:

You do realise we are behind Hamilton right now? You do realise we have won 1 in 14?

The problem is the chopping and changing but Levein is to stubborn to change his ways.

Exactly this. He will never change his way of thinking beacuse he thinks his way is the best. At the forefront of his mindset is always not to lose rather than try and win a game.

That is bound to rub off on the mentality of the players and put little doubt in their minds about what they are trying to do. Is it win or not lose?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rick witter

• pettigrewsstylist

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

We_are_the_Hearts
12 minutes ago, Rods said:

You do realise we are behind Hamilton right now? You do realise we have won 1 in 14?

The problem is the chopping and changing but Levein is to stubborn to change his ways.

Yip. We chop and change more than Liverpool FFS. He overthinks it. 

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

He was either misquoted in the EEN or else he seems to think Damour played all 120 minutes of the Aberdeen game on Wednesday night.

When being asked about the injuries to Halkett and Damour he said that he was not too worried about Damour's injury as he had not played much football before joining us and he had played 120 minutes on Wednesday.

It looked to me that he was taken off around the 75th minute and replaced by Keena.

Yep you are right. I think Levein is getting confused 

2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Yip. We chop and change more than Liverpool FFS. He overthinks it. 

I don't think we should chop and change.

Halkett should be made to play next week, injured or not

We_are_the_Hearts
16 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You do know I am meaning formation as well as Personnel. Some of the changes in Personnel can't be helped, some others are just strange, none more than Henderson against Hamilton.

On 29/09/2019 at 17:52, GinRummy said:

Once again accusing people of tantrum like behaviour. Detracts from your argument and makes you look foolish ( which I am sure you’re not really). The team after the forced substitutions, was still a far better 11 than st mirren and it’s hardly head in the clouds ambition to expect a positive result. 

Well said you expect more and I applaud you for that .... unfortunately we have some serious losing mentality on here. 

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Well said you expect more and I applaud you for that .... unfortunately we have some serious losing mentality on here. 

THIS. It's getting embarrassing. 

32 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

You do know I am meaning formation as well as Personnel. Some of the changes in Personnel can't be helped, some others are just strange, none more than Henderson against Hamilton.

You do know I mean you have have to change personnel, and sometimes systems, when players are injured  We do not have the luxury of like-for-like players.

We could of course force injured players like Washington, Walker etc to play  every game (on crutches?) for the sake of keeping a settled system.  Is that what you want?

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You do know I mean you have have to change personnel, and sometimes systems, when players are injured  We do not have the luxury of like-for-like players.

We could of course force injured players like Washington, Walker etc to play  every game (on crutches?) for the sake of keeping a settled system.  Is that what you want?

If we didn't change formations at times CL would be described as a one-trick pony, not adapting to situations and clueless so he can't win either way.

We_are_the_Hearts
40 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You are just being ridiculous now. We had 3 full backs in the squad on Saturday, there was no need to play the 3 at the back that didn't work previously. That is just an example. There should be a style the club has then players fit into that when others are injured. It's just not present and why our form Yo-Yos so much. All the successful teams have that style.

heartandsoul
On 29/09/2019 at 18:29, wattie exploited said:

we should be beating shit like st mirren  some people seem to take our performances against the shit teams as its ok injurys or not !!!!!!!!!!!!    for to long now we accept mediocrity   as thats what we have been used to for a good few years now !!!!!!!!!!! :rifle:

Spot on Wattie

58 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

You are just being ridiculous now. We had 3 full backs in the squad on Saturday, there was no need to play the 3 at the back that didn't work previously. That is just an example. There should be a style the club has then players fit into that when others are injured. It's just not present and why our form Yo-Yos so much. All the successful teams have that style.

You are being ridiculous and simply criticising for the sake of it.  Every team changes formations from time to time either through injuries/suspensions.  There is also the danger of becoming too predictable which helps the opposition in their planning.

Our form yo yos because of injury mainly, refs occasionally and sometimes just bad luck.

We_are_the_Hearts
40 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You are being ridiculous and simply criticising for the sake of it.  Every team changes formations from time to time either through injuries/suspensions.  There is also the danger of becoming too predictable which helps the opposition in their planning.

Our form yo yos because of injury mainly, refs occasionally and sometimes just bad luck.

Need to agree to disagree then. 

20 hours ago, JamboAl said:

We should remain consistent formation wise and change players after injuries/rested. 

Football is a simple game and Levein tries to re-invent the wheel every game and now it is to the detriment of results. 

Feel free to point out to me what Levein has been doing well recently?

5 minutes ago, Rods said:

We should remain consistent formation wise and change players after injuries/rested. 

Football is a simple game and Levein tries to re-invent the wheel every game and now it is to the detriment of results. 

Beat Hibs and made it to a semi final.

1 hour ago, Rods said:

We'd be a sitting duck for the opposition even if we had all our players available.  Predictable as ****.

I think it's that some supporters are simple not football.

Even Jock Stein changed personnel and formations - nearly every game - and he won a trophy or two.  He was in a way lucky that because he generally avoided injuries he was able to keep a core of the team in most games.

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, heartandsoul said:

Spot on Wattie

its true to many people just accept it thats a problem here :rifle:

6 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Beat Hibs and made it to a semi final.

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

We'd be a sitting duck for the opposition even if we had all our players available.  Predictable as ****.

I think it's that some supporters are simple not football.

Even Jock Stein changed personnel and formations - nearly every game - and he won a trophy or two.  He was in a way lucky that because he generally avoided injuries he was able to keep a core of the team in most games.

I very much doubt Jock Stein changed his formation every week, played left backs at Right back, Right backs at CH, Left Backs at CH, Attacking Midfielders at RB to name but a few stupid decisions he has made. 

The derby is a game on its own the players got us through that game. The semi final we got their because we beat a really poor Aberdeen team on Penalties.

He cant help himself chop/change it is bound to impact results oh wait it has.

3 hours ago, Rods said:

I very much doubt Jock Stein changed his formation every week, played left backs at Right back, Right backs at CH, Left Backs at CH, Attacking Midfielders at RB to name but a few stupid decisions he has made. 

The derby is a game on its own the players got us through that game. The semi final we got their because we beat a really poor Aberdeen team on Penalties.

You weren't even born so how do you know?

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You weren't even born so how do you know?

You do know people know about all sorts of things that happened before that were born. Pompous is an old fashioned word seldom used now but I know about that word 😎

11 hours ago, Rods said:

Good post.  Levein will surely now be forced into playing a back four with Halket being injured.  Got to be a flat back four of Hickey, Dikomona, Berra and Smith this weekend.  Anything else would be a worry.  

34 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Good post.  Levein will surely now be forced into playing a back four with Halket being injured.  Got to be a flat back four of Hickey, Dikomona, Berra and Smith this weekend.  Anything else would be a worry.  

Hickey, Smith, Berra and White. In my opinion smith must start next to Berra. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hickey, Smith, Berra and White. In my opinion smith must start next to Berra. 

Back to the “play players in their position“ point. 
I would keep Smith at right back. If we put him in the centre, we lose a bit of his attacking ability. Dikamona has had his bombscare moments but so has everyone else. He is part of our first team squad, has sat patiently on the bench. We should use him there. Shape will be better. I might not say this if it was Celtic but against Killie, we need to use our squad to the full. 

5 minutes ago, Sid said:

Back to the “play players in their position“ point. 
I would keep Smith at right back. If we put him in the centre, we lose a bit of his attacking ability. Dikamona has had his bombscare moments but so has everyone else. He is part of our first team squad, has sat patiently on the bench. We should use him there. Shape will be better. I might not say this if it was Celtic but against Killie, we need to use our squad to the full. 

Do not like playing players out of position either and I agree with what you’re saying about losing out attack wise by playing smith in the middle. 

However, Berra looked as comfy as he has in a year on Saturday with Smith beside him. I think we have more to gain by leaving smith in there. The dikamona and Berra pairing concerns me a lot.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Do not like playing players out of position either and I agree with what you’re saying about losing out attack wise by playing smith in the middle. 

However, Berra looked as comfy as he has in a year on Saturday with Smith beside him. I think we have more to gain by leaving smith in there. The dikamona and Berra pairing concerns me a lot.

Who’d be a manager! 

Franksluckypants

The Jambo Soldier can defend, but his distribution is worse than Berra's. At least with Berra's hoofs they tend to stay in the park rather than hitting row Z.

Smith can both defend and play a pass, though has less of a physical presence at CB.

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Franksluckypants said:

The Jambo Soldier can defend, but his distribution is worse than Berra's. At least with Berra's hoofs they tend to stay in the park rather than hitting row Z.

Smith can both defend and play a pass, though has less of a physical presence at CB.

Guaranteed to persist with this 3 nonsense now. CL will see the same as you and hates a weakness at the back!!

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Franksluckypants said:

With the guys that are fit, it has to be a back 4 for me! Smith and Berra at CB.

That's what I would do. Not sure CL will

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

You do know people know about all sorts of things that happened before that were born. Pompous is an old fashioned word seldom used now but I know about that word 😎

You do know that when people use the phrase "I very much doubt" that they don't actually know.  You should know about "pompous".  You have just proved to be the very essence of it.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:You do know that when people use the phrase "I very much doubt" that they don't actually know.  You should know about "pompous".  You have just proved to be the very essence of it.

You do know that when people use the phrase ‘I very much doubt’ it is often used in a flippant, dismissive way. You’re like that a lot If anyone disagrees with you.

5 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

I would not hold my breath.

Dikamona seems not to be trusted and yet who signed him? Alarm bells are ringing for me.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

You do know that when people use the phrase ‘I very much doubt’ it is often used in a flippant, dismissive way. You’re like that a lot If anyone disagrees with you.

You do know that when people are not even born and use the phrase "I very much doubt" that it is not flippancy.  It is trying to dismiss an opposing argument from a distinct lack of knowledge.  You're like that a lot when your views are questioned as you try to make right what is obviously wrong.

Edited by JamboAl

Just now, JamboAl said:

You do know that when people are even born and use the phrase "I very much doubt" that it is not flippancy.  It is trying to dismiss an opposing argument from a distinct lack of knowledge.  You're like that a lot when your views are questioned as you try to make right what is obviously wrong.

Yeah like I said dismissive,thanks for agreeing. You like to pretend you’re more knowledgable than anybody with an opposing view and often put yourself out there as being intellectually superior. Back to pomposity again I suppose.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You do know that when people are not even born and use the phrase "I very much doubt" that it is not flippancy.  It is trying to dismiss an opposing argument from a distinct lack of knowledge.  You're like that a lot when your views are questioned as you try to make right what is obviously wrong.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah like I said dismissive,thanks for agreeing. You like to pretend you’re more knowledgable than anybody with an opposing view and often put yourself out there as being intellectually superior. Back to pomposity again I suppose.

Relax guys we're all opinionated arseholes here, that's the point. 

13 minutes ago, Rods said:

I would not hold my breath.

Dikamona seems not to be trusted and yet who signed him? Alarm bells are ringing for me.

Tbh he has never really been trusted. The fact that boy Shaughessy (sp?) from Leeds was before him in pecking order says a lot.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You suffering from an inferiority complex, by any chance?

I'm not pretending anything but it's flattering that you see it that way.  Thanks.

Joking aside, I'm merely stating my views as we both are entitled to do.  Sorry if you feel offended.

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You do know that when people are not even born and use the phrase "I very much doubt" that it is not flippancy.  It is trying to dismiss an opposing argument from a distinct lack of knowledge.  You're like that a lot when your views are questioned as you try to make right what is obviously wrong.

Unless you look up the formations and rotations of Jock Stein’s Celtic, or watched them every week, it’s immaterial whether you were born or not. 

I seen JS’s Celtic many times during their nine in a row years and could not tell you if he changed it every game. I very much doubt it in fact, but only a hooped demon regular could tell you that.......or someone who looked it up ! 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

You suffering from an inferiority complex, by any chance?

I'm not pretending anything but it's flattering that you see it that way.  Thanks.

Joking aside, I'm merely stating my views as we both are entitled to do.  Sorry if you feel offended.

Complex free as far as I’m aware. Cheers for the faux concern. We could bicker all days so I’m just going to stop.

42 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tbh he has never really been trusted. The fact that boy Shaughessy (sp?) from Leeds was before him in pecking order says a lot.

He was given a one year contract though so what is going on? 

Michael Smith is a great player and is one of our best but he is not a CH and this will get exposed when we play better teams.

3 minutes ago, Rods said:

He was given a one year contract though so what is going on? 

Michael Smith is a great player and is one of our best but he is not a CH and this will get exposed when we play better teams.

Yeah I’ve no idea. Does seem like chucking money away. 

I don’t necessarily agree regarding Smith. Halkett, Berra and Souttar all had varying spells of making mistakes. Would certainly trust smith to play better than dikamona 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I very much doubt Hitler was a decent bloke. And I wasn't born when he was around. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I very much doubt Hitler was a decent bloke. And I wasn't born when he was around. 

And was he?  Or was he not?