Wisdom Teeth

Hans007

Currently in agony, they have been coming in for about 5 years and every few months the gum gets infected. Where can I get them out?

hiltsthejamboking
Currently in agony, they have been coming in for about 5 years and every few months the gum gets infected. Where can I get them out?

dentist

I had one out not so long ago. 2 minute job, utterly painless.

I had heard that it can be messy by my dentist was spot on. (The one at the bottom of Victor Park Terrace, on St John's Road)

I had one out not so long ago. 2 minute job, utterly painless.

I had heard that it can be messy by my dentist was spot on. (The one at the bottom of Victor Park Terrace, on St John's Road)

I am not on any dental registers but, not been is so long to my old one I was struck off. Can this be done anywhere else i.e Western General or Dental Hospital?

I P Knightley

I had this when I was about 17/18. Dentist told me they were "impacted" wisdom teeth. They were growing in diagonally pressing against the back molars (apparently due to my mouth being too small!)

I had frequent headaches and stabbing pains. No infections but I didn't let it go for 5 years.

Had all 4 of them out under general anaesthetic. Post-op wasn't too comfortable (swelling, the most unimagineable pain and inability to open my mouth to eat anything solid for a fortnight) but I think that was due to the tooth consultant being absent on the day and they brought in the local butcher, hoping that no one would notice.

All recovered eventually and no problems since.

Hilts has the right idea, though. See a dentist. Website forums tend not to be the first choice for people seeking dental care ;)

I am not on any dental registers but, not been is so long to my old one I was struck off. Can this be done anywhere else i.e Western General or Dental Hospital?

As far as I am aware the one I mention is an NHS one and you may be able to register there.

This is from http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/internet/City_Living/Welcome_to_Edinburgh/CEC_healthcare

Emergency Dental Care

Chalmers Dental Centre

3 Chalmers Street

Edinburgh

EH3 9EW

(Just off Lauriston PLace, near the old infirmary)

A 'Walk-in Service' operates, Monday to Thursday from 9am to 4.45pm, and on Friday from 9am to 4.15pm. Outwith these times, residents of Edinburgh, East and Midlothian should call the call the Lothian Dental Advice Line on 0131 536 4800. Residents of West Lothian should contact 01592 740230.

As far as I am aware the one I mention is an NHS one and you may be able to register there.

This is from http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/internet/City_Living/Welcome_to_Edinburgh/CEC_healthcare

Emergency Dental Care

Chalmers Dental Centre

3 Chalmers Street

Edinburgh

EH3 9EW

(Just off Lauriston PLace, near the old infirmary)

A 'Walk-in Service' operates, Monday to Thursday from 9am to 4.45pm, and on Friday from 9am to 4.15pm. Outwith these times, residents of Edinburgh, East and Midlothian should call the call the Lothian Dental Advice Line on 0131 536 4800. Residents of West Lothian should contact 01592 740230.

Ta Boris, off there the now. Keep yous posted :)

No, isn't enough room either :(

Then you will need to have them removed.

One of mine is in fine, the other is slightly rotated. Not sure if it's going to have to come out yet.

Had mine out last year. Just one. Absolute nightmare mate.

Bled into my stomach for a whole night. Wouldn't stop.

2 weeks of extreem discomfort.

Horrble.

A few years back I had a broken jaw and spent several days in the oral surgery dept at the ERI. Most people in there were getting their wisdom teeth out. From what I saw in there it looks sore. :(

Wouldn't take them out :(

Need to find an NHS Dentist who then needs to refer me :(

Painkillers only for now :(

I read last week that some folk are going over to Poland for their dental work.Seemingly it is hard to find a HHS Dentist and it works out cheaper flying over to Poland.:eek:

hans i have had this problem for seven or eight years and they make a move every six months or so. i used to suffer the inflamed gums and pain for a couple of weeks and then it would go away. told dentist at a check up about it after a while because i was terrified of getting them out and they said they would do it if i wanted but they were okay where they were. when it happens now i go in and they give me an anti biotic called metroniozole (spelling) which clear them in a day. they are very strong though and i strongly advise not drinking when taking them.

Wouldn't take them out :(

Need to find an NHS Dentist who then needs to refer me :(

Painkillers only for now :(

Try the one I mentioned on St Johns Road/Victor Park Terrace.

Went to the dentist yesterday first time i have been for 3 years.Registered with one in Musselburgh.Had to go private as you cannot get a NHS dentist in musselburgh(there are nhs one's there just they aint taking new patients).Grand total to fix my Teeth ?664.My teeth are not incredible bad to look at, imean im no Shane McGowan.So message to all the younger ones out there look after your dam teeth.

I P Knightley
I read last week that some folk are going over to Poland for their dental work.Seemingly it is hard to find a HHS Dentist and it works out cheaper flying over to Poland.:eek:

Girl that works for me is doing just that in March. It helps that her mum is a Jam Roll. She can speak Polish fluently & family in Poland can recommend the best places for treatment.

Oh, I wish I'd looked after me teeth,

And spotted the perils beneath,

All the toffees I chewed,

And the sweet sticky food,

Oh, I wish I'd looked after me teeth.

I wish I'd been that much more willin'

When I had more tooth there than fillin'

To pass up gobstoppers,

From respect to me choppers

And to buy something else with me shillin'.

When I think of the lollies I licked,

And the liquorice allsorts I picked,

Sherbet dabs, big and little,

All that hard peanut brittle,

My conscience gets horribly *****ed.

My Mother, she told me no end,

"If you got a tooth, you got a friend"

I was young then, and careless,

My toothbrush was hairless,

I never had much time to spend.

Oh I showed them the toothpaste all right,

I flashed it about late at night,

But up-and-down brushin'

And pokin' and fussin'

Didn't seem worth the time... I could bite!

If I'd known I was paving the way,

To cavities, caps and decay,

The murder of fiIlin's

Injections and drillin's

I'd have thrown all me sherbet away.

So I lay in the old dentist's chair,

And I gaze up his nose in despair,

And his drill it do whine,

In these molars of mine,

"Two amalgum," he'll say, "for in there."

How I laughed at my Mother's false teeth,

As they foamed in the waters beneath,

But now comes the reckonin'

It's me they are beckonin'

Oh, I wish I'd looked after me teeth.

• 4 weeks later...

don't know your location, but i think the dental express in joppa is still registering

0131 669 3333

i registered just before xmas, and i've found them to be very good so far

Archived