Union Jacks / Sectarian behavior

Tynieman

MarkDevriesScores4

2 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

Would be interesting to see the reaction if some our catholic supporters brought Irish tricolours and enjoyed some folk songs.

Take em along to support Jake Mulraney and Colin Doyle? Can you imagine? The Stone Island crew would have nosebleeds 

It's not sevco like behaviour. 

Hearts have always been a support that has leanings this way. It just so happens Rangers do too. The hearts fans that do this don't support rangers, they don't even like rangers. Just have the same cultural leanings. 

I use the term cultural loosely as most of the people who indulge in this wouldn't know culture if it smacked them in the face. Most are hangers on. 

Personally I'm glad the Hearts support is wide ranging. Live and let live n all that jazz. 

12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I know a few Hearts supporting "lads" in their late 40's and 50's that yearn for the 80's to return so they could be as sectarian and racist as they want. The embarrassing thing is they encourage the young team and join in on the bile.

The fabled "groomers" mate! That really is the saddest behaviour among our support, these are boys who think they are somehow preserving the flame of being anti Catholic and associating it with the club. It's pathetic, creepy and plain wrong. Manipulating young men in this way when you are that age is downright sinister, though I suppose if your trouble now looks like Arlene Foster then you get your kicks where you can.

Edited by Jodami

34 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'd prefer any flags to be maroon and white in line with our core colours however of course not.

Chances on someone wrapped in UJ going to a Hearts game and regularly act in a sectarian manner............

Not always of course but tends to appear highly likely.

It should also be added that a significant number of our fans don't take union flags and only wear hearts colours but act in a sectarian manner too.

True.

i don’t take flags to games. If I did ever take a union flag it would be to an away game abroad just because we would be representing GB football. But likely wouldn’t!

agreed that whilst harmless and totally ok to do it it really is mostly if not entirely done by idiots with ulterior motive. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
26 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Everybody who takes that flag to a game is a bigot? Don't be ridiculous. 

Let's see now we play in Maroon and the Union flag is red white and blue. What purpose does it serve taking it to a game? 

1 hour ago, Tynieman said:

After a wonderful victory against our gimps yesterday, I don't want to bring any negatives but...

I've been vocal of my dislike of Sevco type behavior from a small element of our support.

At the game yesterday, the only thing which annoyed me was the amount of Union Jacks and Sevco like behavior from our (mainly young) supporters.

What's more, the picture in the evening news clearly shows some of the wee f*nnies using the ulster hand.

Is there not some way we can self police this? It's really getting worse and these idiots are starting to get on my t!ts.

Anyone who really thinks that bringing Union Jacks into our games is OK, should be told to bolt by the rest of us.

Imagine being proud of being a bigot...

It's no difference to racism and should be treated as such. 

No room for flags at games and that goes for the Irish ones in  the Hibs end too.

29 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Everybody who takes that flag to a game is a bigot? Don't be ridiculous. 

Not at all. 

But they are all certainly hard of thinking. 

Had a guy next to me yesterday singing billy boys, then he was giving a standing ovation to Wheelan. Not the sharpest tool in the box. 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic