Union Jacks / Sectarian behavior

Tynieman

After a wonderful victory against our gimps yesterday, I don't want to bring any negatives but...

I've been vocal of my dislike of Sevco type behavior from a small element of our support.

At the game yesterday, the only thing which annoyed me was the amount of Union Jacks and Sevco like behavior from our (mainly young) supporters.

What's more, the picture in the evening news clearly shows some of the wee f*nnies using the ulster hand.

Is there not some way we can self police this? It's really getting worse and these idiots are starting to get on my t!ts.

Anyone who really thinks that bringing Union Jacks into our games is OK, should be told to bolt by the rest of us.

Imagine being proud of being a bigot...

It's no difference to racism and should be treated as such. 

5 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

After a wonderful victory against our gimps yesterday, I don't want to bring any negatives but...

I've been vocal of my dislike of Sevco type behavior from a small element of our support.

At the game yesterday, the only thing which annoyed me was the amount of Union Jacks and Sevco like behavior from our (mainly young) supporters.

What's more, the picture in the evening news clearly shows some of the wee f*nnies using the ulster hand.

Is there not some way we can self police this? It's really getting worse and these idiots are starting to get on my t!ts.

Anyone who really thinks that bringing Union Jacks into our games is OK, should be told to bolt by the rest of us.

No love for the sort of fans you are describing, obviously. Was getting better for a while but there was a bit of a resurgence five to ten years ago.

What are your thoughts on the amount of tricolours in the Hibs end these days and the increased levels of racism from their fans?

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Been said a thousand times, they really are a tedious bunch and I am thoroughly embarrassed we have attracted that freak rangers fan from the SDL, Abdul I believe his name is, I seen one of the young team pulling apart a car in Bothwell street after the game and I was the only fan amonst thousands who challenged him

The stone island crew singing I was born under a Union Jack is embarrassing they need to start watching the franchise at weekends as there is no place for this pish at Tynie

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

No love for the sort of fans you are describing, obviously. Was getting better for a while but there was a bit of a resurgence five to ten years ago.

What are your thoughts on the amount of tricolours in the Hibs end these days and the increased levels of racism from their fans?

Hate the racism with a passion, though it has been one or two to blame rather than a crowd. One banned and shamed, with one to follow I suspect. 

Jambo, Goodbye

One big reason why I'm not hugely fussed about not attending games anymore. 

I don't have much choice,  but I certainly don't miss being surrounded by those types. 

August Landmesser

Based on the number of Irish (Republic, not Nordies) players in both teams, we've more call to be flying tricolours than Hibs do.

Jambof3tornado

The in the church grounds at the corner of easter rd and london rd signing rule britannia was rightly told to go **** himself by several passing by.

One fernando ricksen seemed a strange chant too. Clap the guy yes, but felt that took it too far. 

Just out of curiosity - given there's a few faces shown in EEN - can Hearts not ban these f*nnies from home games?

Also, should Police Scotland not get involved - presumably sectarianism is illegal?

6 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Hate the racism with a passion, though it has been one or two to blame rather than a crowd. One banned and shamed, with one to follow I suspect. 

Dunno likes...

Looked and sounded like a lot more than one or two who sang "Rudi Skacel is a ****ing refugee"... or "Larry Kingston is a looky-looky man"... or "Fat Eddie Murphy"... the single incidents like the old guy calling Clevid a "black *******", or the guy caught on tape calling Uche "a monkey" are the more recent incidents right enough. Then there's Griffiths and Riordan singing the refugee song with the fans of course. Same Griffiths who has been involved in two racist incidents that we know of so far.

I don't really have an issue with Union Flags etc, even as an independence supporter. I think if you are going to make the Union Flag out to be sectarian, then you need to do the same with the many tricolours that they fly though. Neither bother me to be honest. the racism is fecking brutal though.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

6 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

The stone island crew singing I was born under a Union Jack is embarrassing they need to start watching the franchise at weekends as there is no place for this pish at Tynie

Are you intimidated by a brand of Italian clothing ?

2 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Just out of curiosity - given there's a few faces shown in EEN - can Hearts not ban these f*nnies from home games?

Also, should Police Scotland not get involved - presumably sectarianism is illegal?

FFS.  Get a ****ing grip man. If it bothers you so much, use the grass line. 

Not enough facepalms for those fans.

Cant they just go to games to watch their favourite football team play someone elses favourite football team?

3 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

They could ban people for singing hullo hullo (depending on what words) but don’t think you can get a ban for bringing a Union Jack or Ulster flag. 

The problem with these type of guys/boys is that they want a reaction, even from our own supporters. They are never on their own, there is always a group of them which makes it hard to tackle.

This comes up every time, against hibs and celtic there will always be union flags in the hearts end. Personally i wouldn't bring a flag of any type to a game as i couldn't be arse carrying it tbh but Union flag doesn't belong to Rangers don't see what people get so worked up for. Only hears billy boys once in the stadium too, thats an improvement.

The wee boys that wave the flags to try and fit in with their virgin peers. Once they hit puberty they should grow out of it all.

It's quite a laugh really, they think they are proud upstanding members of the British state - but they do a lot more harm to it by acting like ******s and/or bigots. 

Whether Ann likes it or not these guys are genuine fans.  But to our shame this is tolerated, along with full on sexism, homophobia but racism is the line too far. That sais, one of these laddies in front of us tried to sing the Hearts Song, but got lost with the words about 3 lines in.  Hullo, hullo song to the bitter end, plus two out every other 5 sentences either being F****n B******s or No Surrender he managd fine.

Thing is, if he continues this at other games, or in Tynecastle and someone calls him out for it or reports him, he'll have to face up to the consequences of HIS actions.

As a PS to the older crew Meshino is Japanese, not a Jap, Nip or Chinese.

Edited by DETTY29

Thought Police

Nothing wrong with the UJ per se. It seems to have gained notoriety in the past few years being linked to British Nationalism, which is ridiculous. But it's no coincidence that the same people waving them are of a particular political/sectarian disposition.

MarkDevriesScores4

Personally don’t see the point taking national flags of any type to club football matches. Would rather see maroon flags. You’re not there to support a nation ffs, grow up.

As the for the gorgie billy boys, they’re a total embarrassment to the club and i’d happily see them permanently removed from tynecastle so they can go along the M8 and follow the bigots from Ibrox.

20 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Since when is taking our national flag to a game wrong? 

Any sectarian singing is retarded though. 

I'd prefer any flags to be maroon and white in line with our core colours however of course not.

Chances on someone wrapped in UJ going to a Hearts game and regularly act in a sectarian manner............

Not always of course but tends to appear highly likely.

It should also be added that a significant number of our fans don't take union flags and only wear hearts colours but act in a sectarian manner too.

Edited by DETTY29

8 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Are you intimidated by a brand of Italian clothing ?

My wee boy is intimidated by ***** who wear it at games and their overly aggressive attitudes. 

Twats who think it's the 70/80's again and groom the younger lads into it. 

Imagine a novel idea of going to a game of football and not trying to be hard. Just going to enjoy what it is, a game of football. 

been here before

I always try to bear in mind when the UJs are trotted out, the Billy Boys and Fenian blood songbook is opened and the mini huns accusatiins are made, that we will always be Forever Hearts.

I am not sure whether these young guys are either retarded enough to believe the bigoted shit they spout or just do it in a vain attempt to be edgy. Finding an identity that is Hearts rather than mimicking one of the arse cheeks would be preferable. 

If they are genuinely sectarian and anti Catholic then this is definitely influenced by older guys feeding them this nonsense. Most teenagers in Edinburgh now are utterly clueless about sectarianism and care little for any religion at all. 

Racism on the other hand is widely understood and unacceptable in any form. Like it or not these are the type of kids, and let's be honest here they are in the main kids, people like the FLA are trying to cultivate. Once your head is turned by that shit you are swimming in very murky waters. 

These guys only act like this to try and get a reaction etc.

They don’t understand what they are singing about and it’s kinda sad. The world is going backwards and groups like this are revelling in it as they think it’s fun.

There should be a lot ashamed parents out there if their offspring is involved in nonsense like this.

32 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Bang on.

A word I dont use and dont like but when you talk about this lot it fits...

Retards!

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So the Union Flag is now sectarian? 😂

No but the idiots taking it to the game use it for that purpose!

Dont pretend they dont.

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So the Union Flag is now sectarian? 😂

If you don't understand why people bring it to games then you're an idiot. Let's not pretend it's for any other reason.

Forever Hearts
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

No but the idiots taking it to the game use it for that purpose!

Dont pretend they dont.

Everybody who takes that flag to a game is a bigot? Don't be ridiculous. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Tynieman said:

If you don't understand why people bring it to games then you're an idiot. Let's not pretend it's for any other reason.

Pishing your knickers over a flag. Grow a set for goodness sake. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Point out where I said that please?

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Mainly, yes.

Just a question to to some of the older people. I've held onto an old cassette tape of Hearts songs that contains 'Hail Hail'  and a variation of 'Hello Hello', has anyone else got these and what is the opinion on these version of the songs?

I've watched the EPL on TV and I'm sure many top flight teams sing a variation of 'Hello Hello' too. Now I'm fully aware of its origins but just wanted to see the opinion on these, but both of these songs on the cassette are tame in terms of lyrics. 

Would people accept either of these on the terrace? 

Pishing your knickers over a flag. Grow a set for goodness sake. 

It's not just the flag. It's the behavior of these numptys who bring UJs into the game.

Why bring them in at all if it's not a big deal?

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Point out where I said that please?

"No but the idiots taking it to the game use it for that purpose!

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Exactly!

Everyone is, not the don't be ridiculous part. Just incase.

Edited by ri Alban

"No but the idiots taking it to the game use it for that purpose!

Thats what I thought, I didnt say "Everybody who takes that flag to a game is a bigot".

Why do they take Union Jack flags then? Proud Brits or the FTP brigade?

MarkDevriesScores4

Not a trick question........

Unless maybe playing in Europe, why take national flags to club football matches?

Look we all know the apologists are probably the same idiots singing their bile on the terraces and waving their wee flags.

Heres an address for them: 

150 Edmiston Dr,

Glasgow

G51 2XD

The White Cockade

up to the rest of us to knock this crap on the head before it gets out of hand

but that won't happen because there are too many who may not behave like that 

but are sympathetic to it

Pathetic behaviour and should not be tolerated

it's a game of football for ffs

God knows what our many Catholic  fans and players think of it

it really is tragic and scummy and an embarrassment to our club

Only ever take a union flag once a year, it has poppy's on it and the words Lest We Forget. So when I bring it this year by all means approach me with any question you like you will most certainly get a reply. Oh and I don't condone sectarian singing by the way.

1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

up to the rest of us to knock this crap on the head before it gets out of hand

but that won't happen because there are too many who may not behave like that 

but are sympathetic to it

Pathetic behaviour and should not be tolerated

it's a game of football for ffs

God knows what our many Catholic  fans and players think of it

it really is tragic and scummy and an embarrassment to our club

It's like people voting Brexit and Tory, people do it but very few admit to it. The sad thing is these are just kids and most will grow out of it in time but a lot of nonsense they have posted on social media sites will follow them around.

Just now, Jodami said:

It's like people voting Brexit and Tory, people do it but very few admit to it. The sad thing is these are just kids and most will grow out of it in time but a lot of nonsense they have posted on social media sites will follow them around.

I know a few Hearts supporting "lads" in their late 40's and 50's that yearn for the 80's to return so they could be as sectarian and racist as they want. The embarrassing thing is they encourage the young team and join in on the bile.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic