Middletons .

maroonlegions

So was meeting a mate in their for a few before the game. Got of the bus and wandered down ,as i got closer could hear singing , first heard Hibs fans, "we are hiberian fc...." then Jambos  retaliating back with songs,as i got closer outside the pub was a rather boisterous  and over exuberant  bunch of young  team and oldish  Jambos.

Pub was not letting anyone in at the moment  as it was  rammed so decided to just watch as the songs were belted out at anyone passing by in green.

The Gorgie fist had arrived .

Cans,bottles everywhere, just  a good old jolly knees  and piss up. 

Police turned up by nothing much was done.

Anyway got into the pub , mate was there already ,ordered a pint and made our way to the back to catch the game on the tv. After about 5 mins, a boy at a table asked me if i want a pink gin, and then  produced a bottle of it ,complete  with another bottle of what turned out to be tonic.  Me being me, i  took up his kind offer and had one. Then noticed a boy at the BAR drinking out of a can of Tennents, basically not giving a feck.

Utter  banterty mayhem  in and outside the pub but fecking enjoyed every minute of it, apart from the usual mutterings of NEWCO like song choices.

That is what derbies are about, especially down at the piggery.  Just had that feeling that we were going to beat them.

FTH.

6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

So was meeting a mate in their for a few before the game. Got of the bus and wandered down ,as i got closer could hear singing , first heard Hibs fans, "we are hiberian fc...." then Jambos  retaliating back with songs,as i got closer outside the pub was a rather boisterous  and over exuberant  bunch of young  team and oldish  Jambos.

Pub was not letting anyone in at the moment  as it was  rammed so decided to just watch as the songs were belted out at anyone passing by in green.

Anyway got into the pub , mate was there already ,ordered a pint and made our way to the back to catch the game on the tv. After about 5 mins, a boy at a table asked me if i want a pink gin, and then  produced a bottle of it ,complete  with another bottle of what turned out to be tonic.  Me being me, i  took up his kind offer and had one. Then noticed a boy at the BAR drinking out of a can of Tennents, basically not giving a feck.

Utter  banterty mayhem  in and outside the pub but fecking enjoyed every minute of it, apart from the usual mutterings of NEWCO like song choices.

That is what derbies are about, especially down at the piggery.  Just had that feeling that we were going to beat them.

FTH.

I would've thought Hibs fans would be more into "Burnt" Pink Gin where the Angostura bitters is cooked in a teaspoon first...

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I would've thought Hibs fans would be more into "Burnt" Pink Gin where the Angostura bitters is cooked in a teaspoon first...

Aye most likely but this was a boozer full of jambos and one jambo was handing out free gin.. 

:leveinnaturalorder:

Never been to Middletons as it always seems rammed by the time I get down that way. Is it generally classified as a "Jambo pub" outwith matchdays or os it the case that it is more like the Roseburn with it being taken over by rival fans on derby day?

21 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Never been to Middletons as it always seems rammed by the time I get down that way. Is it generally classified as a "Jambo pub" outwith matchdays or os it the case that it is more like the Roseburn with it being taken over by rival fans on derby day?

Was in on a quiet night the other week and noticed some nice HMFC memorabilia on the walls, although there's also Hibs stuff and other clubs too. Fence-sitters perhaps.

47 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

FTH.

Thought this was a reader's letter in an old jazz mag to begin with. :lol:

Needs more nannies. :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:laugh:

:levein_interesting:

Goldstone Wonder
33 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

"One thing led to another...." 

Just now, Goldstone Wonder said:

"One thing led to another...." 

"... I'd known Sharon from reception for about ten years, but this was the first time we'd really spoken properly... "

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

"... I'd known Sharon from reception for about ten years, but this was the first time we'd really spoken properly... "

“She gave me that look with those big blue eyes , then winked with her brown one as she went into the copier room” 

Just now, sadj said:

“She gave me that look with those big blue eyes , then winked with her brown one as she went into the copier room” 

I followed her in...........

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What happened next?

So I waited with high hopes, then she walked in the place
I knew her smile in an instant, I knew the curve of her face
It was my own lovely lady, and she said, "Oh, it's you... “

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Did you laugh for a moment?

2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Alice ?  Who the f...  !!

Better known as Slack.

That’s the way you’ll remember her, Danny.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Better known as Slack.

I would almost certainly. If I actually could remember, like I said it was a helluva night in the pub, celebrating a Derby win and all. I did hear she was a Hibby, presumably someone's sister. (in law)

Edited by whodanny

7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Feck off ******s...:clyay:

:Shoosh:

Turing my great afternoon in the boozer into a fecking Sunday period drama sketch.:levein_interesting:

😂😂😂😂

20 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

29723184-6460-4069-B6D8-B4A88DF42BEA.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

No... she did... 

:sob:

Well canna blame her really prob nervous laughter , i mean walking in behind her in your janny uniform , with a mop and bleach she prob thought you were a right sort....

21 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Better known as Slack.

Ahhhh....Slack Alice almost as famous as her older sister Sticky Vicky....

Edited by sadj

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Well canna blame her really prob nervous laughter , i mean walking in behind her in your janny uniform , with a mop and bleach she prob thought you were a right sort....

Seen a lot of action my janny’s cupboard. I’m absolutely smokin’ in a boiler suit. 😎

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Seen a lot of action my janny’s cupboard. I’m absolutely smokin’ in a boiler suit. 😎

Whatever you wanna refer to it as is up to you 😳😳 I had heard there was room for a 10keys , a human and 3 capuchin monkeys in your “jannys cupboard” 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Whatever you wanna refer to it as is up to you 😳😳 I had heard there was room for a 10keys , a human and 3 capuchin monkeys in your “jannys cupboard” 

Only when I’ve been keeping up with my Pilates. 

35 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Feck off ******s...:clyay:

:Shoosh:

Turing my great afternoon in the boozer into a fecking Sunday period drama sketch.:levein_interesting:

All in good part, dear boy.

:thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, sadj said:

What she canny do with razor blades and bottles, just isn’t worth knowing about.

45 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I would almost certainly. If I actually could remember, like I said it was a helluva night in the pub, celebrating a Derby win and all. I did hear she was a Hibby, presumably someone's sister. (in law)

24 four years, just waiting on a chance?

🎵if you like pina coladas🎼🎵🎼

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Good old sharon,👏👏👏👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

That’s what all the boys say. :)