Michael Smith

afanderson33

Can player anywhere with equal quality along the back four. Has done jobs for us in midfield before. Two footed. Gives everything.

Is he our most important player? Discuss.

Only glaring fault I noticed was once his man passed him at one point yesterday near the byline he just stopped. But that might have been due to the cramp he came off with. 

An exceptional player though. We are lucky to have him. 

Top Player and one you don't have to worry about not giving 100%

Gave the Captain a piece of his mind during the game yesterday

Hampden Demolition
5 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Only glaring fault I noticed was once his man passed him at one point yesterday near the byline he just stopped. But that might have been due to the cramp he came off with. 

Noticed that too. Was raging at the time. Had we lost the game, a lot more would’ve been made of it.

9 minutes ago, gjcc said:

He was definitely struggling with cramp or something at that point. Think that hibs video blog showed it. He wouldn't just stop normally. 

alwaysthereinspirit
19 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Can player anywhere with equal quality along the back four. Has done jobs for us in midfield before. Two footed. Gives everything.

Is he our most important player? Discuss.

Javelin.

7 minutes ago, gjcc said:

At the hibs goal I felt he should have closed down Mallan, we know he's got a shot in him and failing to shut down the angle is poor defensively. It gave him time to take a moment, compose himself and pick his spot without pressure. 

But overall it's great to see him back. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A miss when not involved. 

We have a raft of important players. Captaincy material himself. 

Expect us to carry this into Wednesday 

27 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Noticed that too. Was raging at the time. Had we lost the game, a lot more would’ve been made of it.

Smith is a steady performer but I feel he’s quite easily skinned one on one.  He needs to get there first or be right up the back of his marker. He’s fine that way. 

You could see Halkett have a go at him after that move but I don’t think it was for pulling up.  He had a chance to get a foot in but just kept jockeying. 

Think our players can be guilty of that too much. Halkett and Berra seem the only ones who’ll go through the tackle on an opponent on the touchline or when it’s there to be battered into. 

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, gjcc said:

He'd been miles up the pitch attacking but no one showed for him, no movement, he drifted inside and got dispossessed and had to run 60 yds at full speed to get back.  Let's cut the guy some slack on that. 

Great player. One of our best ever signings. I noticed Craig played him as a left half yesterday,    to cover Berra’s obvious weakness and make sure he wasn’t exposed. You could play him anywhere in defence or defensive mid & he’d give you a 7 or 8 out of 10. 

Best Hearts right back in my lifetime probably. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Great player. One of our best ever signings. I noticed Craig played him as a left half yesterday,    to cover Berra’s obvious weakness and make sure he wasn’t exposed. You could play him anywhere in defence or defensive mid & he’d give you a 7 or 8 out of 10. 

Callum Paterson would like a word...

19 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Paterson great player for us . Great right back ?

Not so sure 

22 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Callum Paterson was never a right back in a month of Sunday’s. We wasted him playing there. 

Stevie Frail was probably the best but he was always injured.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

43 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I thought he played like Berra's personal sweeper and it made for two very good individual performances.

Paterson got 9 in 21 playing right back in the season before he left :pray: truly unique player, we'll never see one like him.

Smith is great. Improved a lot since he arrived here and is one of those who could play well into his 30s. Solid. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
22 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Paterson great player for us . Great right back ?

Not so sure 

I think that he played at right back and was our best player means he was a right back in my eyes, each to their own though. Mikey Smith is superb though.

2 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Top Player and one you don't have to worry about not giving 100%

Gave the Captain a piece of his mind during the game yesterday

Would be a good choice for captain, actually.