Scottish Cup 2019/20 2nd round draw 18 to 20 October

CJGJ

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-cup-second-round-draw-2019-20/?rid=2107

Second Round Draw

Albion Rovers v Fort William
Annan Athletic v Brechin City
Auchinleck Talbot v Cove Rangers
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Buckie Thistle
Cowdenbeath v Broxburn Athletic
East Kilbride v Gretna 2008
Edinburgh City v Banks O’Dee
Elgin City v Berwick Rangers
Formartine United v Gala Fairydean Rovers
Lochee United v BSC Glasgow
Nairn County or Clachnacuddin v Brora Rangers
Penicuik Athletic v Stenhousemuir
Rothes v Inverurie Loco Works
Spartans or Deveronvale v Queen’s Park
Stirling Albion v Strathspey Thistle
University of Stirling v Linlithgow Rose

Ties to be played weekend of 18-20 October 2019.

Bonnyrigg Rose v Buckie Thistle..both sides top of their respective leagues

Above would appear to be the ties of the round

8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Good draw for Penicuik

I was hoping for an easier team.  Want to see them get into the 3rd round and a really big game at Tynie/Celtic/Ibrox.

I went through to Cumbernauld on Saturday and Penicuik were fantastic. Winning 5-1 and it should have been 10.

Now where have I heard that before.....

26 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I was hoping for an easier team.  Want to see them get into the 3rd round and a really big game at Tynie/Celtic/Ibrox.

I went through to Cumbernauld on Saturday and Penicuik were fantastic. Winning 5-1 and it should have been 10.

Now where have I heard that before.....

I see what you did there 😉

Unfortunately for wee teams it's round 4 before the big boys get involved these days. 

Half decent draw for Lithgae Rose, so I'm happy. 

35 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Bonnyrigg Rose v Buckie Thistle..both sides top of their respective leagues

Above would appear to be the ties of the round

Auchinleck beat Cove at the same stage of the cup last season, following a replay after drawing 1-1 in Aberdeen.

been here before

Edin City v Banks O'Dee.

Highland league club it would appear. Cant say Ive ever heard of them. Ill likely slide along and see what theyre about.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Edin City v Banks O'Dee.

Highland league club it would appear. Cant say Ive ever heard of them. Ill likely slide along and see what theyre about.

Banks O'Dee is a Junior side. They qualified for the Scottish Cup as North Region Superleague champions.

been here before
18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Banks O'Dee is a Junior side. They qualified for the Scottish Cup as North Region Superleague champions.

I stand corrected. They were looking to get promoted to the Highland League to replace Cove.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

I stand corrected. They were looking to get promoted to the Highland League to replace Cove.

As I understand it, they were asked if they wanted to join the HL for this season, but turned it down.

I suspect that it may be something to do with SFA Licensing as all HL clubs require to be licensed, i.e. meeting ground, financial and coaching criteria, although you would have to assume that they must be close to meeting the requirements if they were invited to join the HL.

We may find that they will take up a place in the HL next season as they seem to be the best placed junior side in the North Region to join the pyramid.

Top of the Lowland League v top of the Highland League
@BonnyriggRose and @BuckieThistle's Second Round @WilliamHill Scottish Cup clash will be shown live on @BBCScotland. Kick-off is 7:05pm on Friday, 18 October.

Good choice for the televised match and a lucrative payday for the clubs. I might go along anyway. 

33 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
Top of the Lowland League v top of the Highland League
@BonnyriggRose and @BuckieThistle's Second Round @WilliamHill Scottish Cup clash will be shown live on @BBCScotland. Kick-off is 7:05pm on Friday, 18 October.

Good choice for the televised match and a lucrative payday for the clubs. I might go along anyway. 

Great choice should be a cracking game between the two team top of their respective leagues,, I would have been there anyway with us playing on the Sunday but the Friday night and on the telly is fantastic.

Mon the Rose!

Really wish they'd play these games on the international weekends. Especially when there's one the week before it.

I'd love to get along to 1 or 2 of these, but can't really justify missing a Hearts game for one.

9 minutes ago, Locky said:

Really wish they'd play these games on the international weekends. Especially when there's one the week before it.

I'd love to get along to 1 or 2 of these, but can't really justify missing a Hearts game for one.

Hearts play at 12.15 on the Sunday.

Plenty games on Saturday to go to.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts play at 12.15 on the Sunday.

Plenty games on Saturday to go to.

Forgot we were playing Rangers that day. Still doesn't suit me mind but that's by the by.

Main point I'm making, is if the Scottish Cup essentially had it's own weekend in these rounds, you'd get bumper crowds at some games.

It'll be interesting to see how Fort William get on against Albion Rovers. 

After their comfortable win against Vale of Leithen, and a recent league win they'll be on a high!