Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CJGJ

Scottish Cup 2019/20 2nd round draw 18 to 20 October

Recommended Posts

CJGJ

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-cup-second-round-draw-2019-20/?rid=2107

 

Second Round Draw

Albion Rovers v Fort William
Annan Athletic v Brechin City
Auchinleck Talbot v Cove Rangers
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Buckie Thistle
Cowdenbeath v Broxburn Athletic
East Kilbride v Gretna 2008
Edinburgh City v Banks O’Dee
Elgin City v Berwick Rangers
Formartine United v Gala Fairydean Rovers
Lochee United v BSC Glasgow
Nairn County or Clachnacuddin v Brora Rangers
Penicuik Athletic v Stenhousemuir
Rothes v Inverurie Loco Works
Spartans or Deveronvale v Queen’s Park
Stirling Albion v Strathspey Thistle
University of Stirling v Linlithgow Rose

Ties to be played weekend of 18-20 October 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor

Good draw for Penicuik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Der Kaiser

M'on the Cuiky! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CJGJ

Bonnyrigg Rose v Buckie Thistle..both sides top of their respective leagues

 

Auchinleck Talbot v Cove Rangers

 

Above would appear to be the ties of the round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeff

Spartans Queens would be interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoda
8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Good draw for Penicuik

I was hoping for an easier team.  Want to see them get into the 3rd round and a really big game at Tynie/Celtic/Ibrox.

 

I went through to Cumbernauld on Saturday and Penicuik were fantastic. Winning 5-1 and it should have been 10.

 

Now where have I heard that before.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smack
26 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I was hoping for an easier team.  Want to see them get into the 3rd round and a really big game at Tynie/Celtic/Ibrox.

 

I went through to Cumbernauld on Saturday and Penicuik were fantastic. Winning 5-1 and it should have been 10.

 

Now where have I heard that before.....

I see what you did there 😉

 

Unfortunately for wee teams it's round 4 before the big boys get involved these days. 

 

Half decent draw for Lithgae Rose, so I'm happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
35 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Bonnyrigg Rose v Buckie Thistle..both sides top of their respective leagues

 

Auchinleck Talbot v Cove Rangers

 

Above would appear to be the ties of the round

Auchinleck beat Cove at the same stage of the cup last season, following a replay after drawing 1-1 in Aberdeen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before

Edin City v Banks O'Dee.

 

Highland league club it would appear. Cant say Ive ever heard of them. Ill likely slide along and see what theyre about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Edin City v Banks O'Dee.

 

Highland league club it would appear. Cant say Ive ever heard of them. Ill likely slide along and see what theyre about.

Banks O'Dee is a Junior side. They qualified for the Scottish Cup as North Region Superleague champions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Banks O'Dee is a Junior side. They qualified for the Scottish Cup as North Region Superleague champions.

 

I stand corrected. They were looking to get promoted to the Highland League to replace Cove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
2 hours ago, been here before said:

 

I stand corrected. They were looking to get promoted to the Highland League to replace Cove.

As I understand it, they were asked if they wanted to join the HL for this season, but turned it down.

 

I suspect that it may be something to do with SFA Licensing as all HL clubs require to be licensed, i.e. meeting ground, financial and coaching criteria, although you would have to assume that they must be close to meeting the requirements if they were invited to join the HL.

 

We may find that they will take up a place in the HL next season as they seem to be the best placed junior side in the North Region to join the pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fila

Oh the Cuikie Cuikie ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

With Hearts playing on the Sunday a good chance to see a game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
Top of the Lowland League v top of the Highland League
@BonnyriggRose and @BuckieThistle's Second Round @WilliamHill Scottish Cup clash will be shown live on @BBCScotland. Kick-off is 7:05pm on Friday, 18 October.
 
Good choice for the televised match and a lucrative payday for the clubs. I might go along anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Texia
33 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
Top of the Lowland League v top of the Highland League
@BonnyriggRose and @BuckieThistle's Second Round @WilliamHill Scottish Cup clash will be shown live on @BBCScotland. Kick-off is 7:05pm on Friday, 18 October.
 
Good choice for the televised match and a lucrative payday for the clubs. I might go along anyway. 

Great choice should be a cracking game between the two team top of their respective leagues,, I would have been there anyway with us playing on the Sunday but the Friday night and on the telly is fantastic.

 

Mon the Rose!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Locky

Really wish they'd play these games on the international weekends. Especially when there's one the week before it.

 

I'd love to get along to 1 or 2 of these, but can't really justify missing a Hearts game for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
9 minutes ago, Locky said:

Really wish they'd play these games on the international weekends. Especially when there's one the week before it.

 

I'd love to get along to 1 or 2 of these, but can't really justify missing a Hearts game for one.

 

Hearts play at 12.15 on the Sunday.

 

Plenty games on Saturday to go to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Locky
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Hearts play at 12.15 on the Sunday.

 

Plenty games on Saturday to go to.

Forgot we were playing Rangers that day. Still doesn't suit me mind but that's by the by.

 

Main point I'm making, is if the Scottish Cup essentially had it's own weekend in these rounds, you'd get bumper crowds at some games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth

Very tricky tie for Gala Fairydean Rovers :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SUTOL

It'll be interesting to see how Fort William get on against Albion Rovers. 

 

After their comfortable win against Vale of Leithen, and a recent league win they'll be on a high!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...