Craig Halkett

Uncle Buck

I’ve beeb a critic this season. Wasn’t the defender I thought we had signed.

He was an absolute colossus today. Take a bow son.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Totally agree.

17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

really?!

i think he’s been very good for us. Able deputy at the minimum for Soapy. Good firsts beyond the halfway line. Solid enough when defending.

all about opinions I guess

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

really?!

i think he’s been very good for us. Able deputy at the minimum for Soapy. Good firsts beyond the halfway line. Solid enough when defending.

He was excellent today and has been since we signed him. Top defender at this level, solid and consistent. 

Was my MOTM. TBF Whelan maybe just edged it in retrospect. 

25 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Wasnt the defender you thought?? He has been covering Berra's mistakes all season and scoring goals what were you expecting ??

Edited by Jamboelite

9 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

really?!

You surely mean good replacement for Berra once Souttar is fit

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Wasnt the defender you thought?? He has been covering Berra's mistakes all season and scoring goals what were you expecting ??

Good player with the ball at his feet. Steps out of defence and chips in with the odd goal. But his basic defending has been pretty poor. Was immense today.

Think he's class. As well as his defensive capabilities he's very good and driving from defence. Been a few games now where hes carrier the ball before playing some nice passes, I've had to do a double take when I've realised it's halkett, few of our mids could take note.

Going to upset a few on here.  I don’t think he’s as great as some make out, but I do like him and think he has superb potential.  Berra was a slow starter when he was young as well, I don’t think he truly flourished until his mid 20s.

He’s had a tough start, having to cover for Berra’s poor form and the lack of a consistent RB.  It’s quite fitting that he wears 26, because he reminds me a lot of big  Zal in that you don’t know what you’re going to get.  Sometimes he strolls it, sometimes he looks like he’s never kicked a ball.  Great coming forward with the ball, but my biggest criticism is that his clearances (both headed and on the deck) are often too short and as a result he gifts possession back to the opponents.  Now and again you just need a centre half to head the ball into next week or put his laces through the ball to relieve pressure.

thought he played well especially in the first half very calm will be interesting what happens when souttar and haring are back id imagine 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 big problem is arguably the most consistant player smith also has to be slotted in somewhere if theres no RB in the formation

13 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Going to upset a few on here.  I don’t think he’s as great as some make out, but I do like him and think he has superb potential.  Berra was a slow starter when he was young as well, I don’t think he truly flourished until his mid 20s.

He’s had a tough start, having to cover for Berra’s poor form and the lack of a consistent RB.  It’s quite fitting that he wears 26, because he reminds me a lot of big  Zal in that you don’t know what you’re going to get.  Sometimes he strolls it, sometimes he looks like he’s never kicked a ball.  Great coming forward with the ball, but my biggest criticism is that his clearances (both headed and on the deck) are often too short and as a result he gifts possession back to the opponents.  Now and again you just need a centre half to head the ball into next week or put his laces through the ball to relieve pressure.

Correct, to say he's been great in every game is just rubbish but then it's pretty hard when everyone around you is soft as shite.

He has the makings of becoming a cracking player and I fully expect him to get an international call up in the not too distant future. Great yesterday.

22 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Agreed. With 12 goals conceded in 6 games I don't think we should be too enthusiastic in our support for the defence. Onwards and upwards though!

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Brilliant yesterday , been poor this season.

This win I hope will give the players confidence. 

Amazed to read this, funny how view differ cause I think he has been very good this year, a footballing defender

Better when he just gets on with it rather than tipping himself to play for our dismal national team...Fix Hearts leaky defence first then you can consider fixing the NT

Captain Canada

I think he's been pretty good this season so far. Him and Berra were both great yesterday and it seems more than a coincidence that we won again with Joel in goals, like we did at Motherwell. The defenders seem to play better with a decent keeper behind them. 

avhudtheteeshirt

Think Halkett and Souttar are the future, Berra will play if either get an injury.

Berra has lost a good bit of pace, but he's an old head and can turn things to his advantage.

I think by mid season we will have a stunning young defense, and once the midfield is sorted out with 2 attackers up front, we will be a force to be reckoned with again!!!! 

16 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

really?!

It certainly is about opinions ... when Soapy gets back it is Berra that hopefully will be benched

Brighton Jambo

I’m a big fan but watching back the game tonight two big errors could have cost us goals.  

His misplaced pass pass nearly gifted them a second when the boy screwed it wide.  He then misjudged a high ball for the chance the keeper tipped wide.

he is a very good player but needs to eliminate those mistakes.  

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’m a big fan but watching back the game tonight two big errors could have cost us goals.  

His misplaced pass pass nearly gifted them a second when the boy screwed it wide.  He then misjudged a high ball for the chance the keeper tipped wide.

he is a very good player but needs to eliminate those mistakes.  

Yip. 

Although I like when we play it out the back and we may get caught sometimes, he'll need to watch those as you say, tho. 

I also think he's a little slow, but at this level he's a good defender, goal threat as well. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Think Halkett and Souttar are the future, Berra will play if either get an injury.

Berra has lost a good bit of pace, but he's an old head and can turn things to his advantage.

I think by mid season we will have a stunning young defense, and once the midfield is sorted out with 2 attackers up front, we will be a force to be reckoned with again!!!! 

Berra is also left footed, Soapy and Halkett are both right sided so playing left CB a bit more uncomfortable for them. 

Really really like the guy. Full of self confidence and is starting to have a word with players when they get sloppy. 

Seems to have every element to his game that makes him a very rounded CH. 

Good at coming out with the ball. Another sign of his determination and confidence in himself. 

So many good players.  One day soon we'll have them all on the park together then we'll see how far we can go with this squad.

Wish we had a Ford or Robbo though.

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

So many good players.  One day soon we'll have them all on the park together then we'll see how far we can go with this squad.

Wish we had a Ford or Robbo though.

#yeah - we still lack that instinctive striker up front. We could be a tremendous team if we find someone