Hearts polis

Pants Shaton

I know lots of cops are who are Jambos.  As a one of G Divs finest, (now retired) I never got to work at Tynie or Fester Road.  Maybe just as well!   🙂

RUMOUR    ALERT    RUMOUR

Hearts fan without a ticket sneaks into the Edinburgh derby disguised as a policeman!

RUMOUR .......

14 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m sure something similar happened at another derby game.

I remember Hearts scored late on to defeat Motherwell in what I'm sure was a League Cup section game at Tynecastle around 1976 and the Polis directly behind the goal did exactly the same as yesterday.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Looks to me like he's a hibby saying "Ah FFS man"!

You know I thought that too. The way he throws his hands down quickly afterwards is like how loads fans react when their team concedes a goal. :)

It's like "HTF did you let that happen" !

15 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Jesus christ is all i have to say on that. Shirt filler if ever I saw one

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

:gok: :rofl: 

002A474F-39A3-4038-ACC2-6EFBB9C5515A.png

Weegreenman is a superb username for that comment....

Allowayjambo1874

Faux outrage and writing letters, people are ****ing pathetic these days. 

‘Hope he gets reprimanded’ ffs, yeah let’s go full hog and sack him because a hibs fans upset his team got defeated and we’ll have one less copper on the beat and someone’s family will suffer as he’s on the dole.

TBF not just Hibs fans guaranteed if it was  another team same reaction from some fans. World has gone mad

Rudiscoresagain

Many years ago my son had his Hearts scarf under his uniform and gave the Hibbies a wee look at the scarf after Hearts scored. They weren't happy bunnies!

My other son did something similar to the policeman yesterday and everytime he walked past the Hearts support he was met with a chant of 'the polis is a Jambo'.

On 22/09/2019 at 19:58, niblick1874 said:

It's not the first time this has happened when Hearts have scored. A picture of it was on the cover of a Hearts program in the 70s and fittingly it was a Rab Prentice goal.

As for today, they can't touch him. It's like slipping and reaching out for something to grab holed of. What can you do. Natural instinct and all that🙂. After all, were're not wanting robots for policemen are we.😉

1976082503 Partick Thistle 3-3 Tynecastle.jpg

We came in from the Albion Road side through all the Hibs fans and had to walk past their top boyz goading the Hearts fans. 

There was a police line holding the Hearts fans 'back' but as a couple of the Hibs boys got a wee bit close it was two female cops that broke the ranks to chase the Hibs guys back.

At the end of the game when we got to the top of the Easter Road, I overheard one of the cops saying something to another along the lines of 'if that we shite comes near me, he's getting it'

Not sure if talking about one of ours or the wee group of Hibs kids that managed to get to the corner of I think, Bothwell Street.

At the Calum Paterson double ER derby in 2014, I recall seeing a WPC in among the Jambos unable to suppress a big cheesy grin with the Dunbar end in full voice.

They’re only human and even most Hibbies have  seen the funny side apart from the odd anal miserable sod.

I've read elsewhere that the copper behind the net for Uche's goal is a Hibby, and he was lifting his arms as if to say "Aw feck!"

5 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I've read elsewhere that the copper behind the net for Uche's goal is a Hibby, and he was lifting his arms as if to say "Aw feck!"

I thought that could be the case

7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

If this turns out to be the case and they do end up sending in snotter encrusted scribbles on A4 to Police Scotland complaining about him that'd be comical :lol:

On 22/09/2019 at 18:54, Yoda said:

PHM. 

Unfortunately, the crayon munchers will be writing off letters of compliant to Police Scotland.

I was going to post that. 

...a bit disco
On 22/09/2019 at 17:43, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Coonster will be writing to his local MSP.

After angry-pumping his poor wee dug.

Again.

been here before

Similar thing happened to me. I was waiting to start a new job so got a gig for a couple of months with Rock Steady as it was then. Only ever worked Tynecastle and Easter Road. Decent wee number watching the game, free pies and paid for it.

Anyhoo I was working at Easter Road the night of the 6-2 game on the old East Terrace- full of heidbanging spoonburners. You may recall Andy Kirk scored first after about 5 mins. Yours truly forgets where he is and jumps up right in the middle of them... 'Yeeeeesss... get in.....ohhhh yessss..'. Just incase anyone might have missed it I was clad in a bright yellow jacket too.

It was a l-o-o-o-o-ng night after that.

🤣

Remember having some great craic wi the polis while they were trying to usher us out after the, “bring oot the wee cup,” derby. It makes sense to have the more enlightened cops in amongst the more enlightened fans. 

40 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Been confirmed on .net he is indeed a hibby. 

That must really hurt to have to stand amongst a celebration like that.

I know one of the two policemen who were on crowd control during the Robinson EGM,  a good Jambo and he was in no hurry to rescue Robinson from the mob that wanted to lynch him, poor Jim and Johnpaul had to try and keep things civil that day.

• 3 weeks later...