FoH Blog

CloustonHMFC

27 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

With the greatest of respect, utter bollocks.  

Nowhere near the end.

Whatever 😎

Good luck in your quest for specifics.

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Whatever 😎

Good luck in your quest for specifics.

And good luck to you too.  We're both Jambos, that's what counts.  We have a point of disagreement here.  Nothing more serious than that.

🤩❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

And good luck to you too.  We're both Jambos, that's what counts.  We have a point of disagreement here.  Nothing more serious than that.

🤩❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Absolutely.

👍🏻

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Nonsense.

I would guess that the previous number of pledgers was taken at the end of June (FOH's financial year end). The "more pledgers" could be from 1 upwards, but whatever the increase is it is welcome news. 

I like to know how much FOH hands over each month as I have been tracking the amounts handed over right back from the first handover of cash in May 2014. However, I'm unsure if the £1.9m (of £2.4m loan + 100k shares) paid to Bidco includes September's pledges or not. The last update was £1.2m in the March blog, so £700k in the last six months(?). If that's the case then the pledged amounts are holding up well. 

But for how much longer? I hope I'm wrong but time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Prof said:

Six months from now is March next year. The statement says they expect to complete payments within next year, not 12 months. The income per month also suggest pledge numbers are closer to 8000 not 5000.

I get that, what I’d like is to see what is being raised each month.  We could have this on the FoH website being shown the amounts raised monthly in arrears along with a total.

At some point next year we’re going to hit £10m. £10 MILLION POUNDS!! That’s a phenomenal amount and I’d like to see the FoH push this fact.  Something along the lines of “based on current pledges we’re due to hit this amount in say July”  “but if we can increase the number of pledgers / amounts being paid can we hit £10m earlier?”  

It’s just a thought but I think we need to always keep pushing FoH to keep numbers steady or increasing.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Maybe because Stuart receives fewer death threats and abuse than Ann?

No because the one Ann put out was rushed in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

More well thought out statement that Ann's.

It’s very professional BUT ... it’s actually sanitised corporate drivel ...... says a lot but says nothing! 

I prefer the ‘raw meat on the bones’ statements that address the concerns of genuine fans!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Geoff Kilpatrick

I appreciate the comment that they won't comment publicly on club matters. However, they could have said that we take on board all feedback regarding the club.

4 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Does that mean the 8000 is down by 50%.

Extract from the statement.

We are happy to let you know that we have more pledgers now than we did three months ago.

Doesn't mean that the numbers are not down but probably unlikely.

If pledge numbers are up on three months ago why are people thinking pledges are down by 50% ?

Have I missed something was there a large drop in pledges prior to three months ago ?

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

9m in pledges. What a fantastic support.  

No matter who you are, what type of supporter.  What great backing 👍🏻🇱🇻

Every one a “genuine” Hearts fan...

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

I presume this statement is on the back of some supporters cancelling or threatening to cancel contributions so to re-iterate what FOH is all about and to get over the line with taking ownership of the club. 

Although a big point is always made about us being fan owned and not fan ran, I would like to think if 90%+ of fans wanted a change of manager in future, it would be more likely to happen and us not stuck in the current predicament we're in. 

There has never been a time ever when a manager at any club has not been sacked through fan power and/or bad results (the most recent high profile example of someone who tried to hang on but in the end left down to pressure on the club from fans was Wenger). Levein will be gone as head coach if results continue like this. 

3 hours ago, Djm1874 said:

This is the only bit of the statement that I personally don’t like I think the directors given they were elected by the fans should be able to freely engage with the fans and state if FOH has a collective postition on the manager or at least the other foh directors who are not on he club board should be able to make representations  on behalf of fans and inform us that is what they are doing. 

But not allowed to under the agreement. It’s been pretty clear from day 1 that  the relationship between FoH and the football club board , after purchase is complete, would be virtually at arms length. Otherwise Budge wouldn’t have agreed to it. And many probably wouldn’t have pledged. 

what does non-executive director mean? it seems that the people we elected to represent us on the board have no say on anything the board decides. I don't want to run the club but I do want the people who represent the ones who will own the club in the near future to be able to at least have some input to Hearts. I am hoping this will change when the fans do actually own the club, but from what I have read in the statement, it seems not.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Would just give those who like to use their pledge as a threat more ammunition. 

Given that the whole idea behind the pledge was to own the club, not to improve the playing side, I find it hard to believe any pledger would cancel their pledge based on the team playing rubbish. Why did they pledge in the first place in that case? Whether we play well or not we are pledging to buy out the club. It's very clear on the FoH site that's what your money is going towards. 

If you really feel strongly enough about Craig Levein still being manager that you want to hit the cub financially, not attending or not buying merchandise or cancelling Hearts TV or whatever would be much more effective.

Anyhow - £9m is simply incredible. Even with some arseholes giving our support a bad rep in he last few years, we still have a good case for being the best support in Britain based on that level of additional financial support.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 hours ago, TurboT said:

Couple of points 

“Pledge numbers remain strong”, extremely vague and tells us nothing, I know several people who have cancelled their pledges. I’d have preferred some detail.

FoH expect to repay the final £600k within the next year.   FoH have been collecting well over £100k per month, why is going to take a year to pay back the remaining £600k?  Surely it’ll be in around 6 months.

It is a better update than the one from Hearts though so fair play.

Recently, (within the last two weeks) a FoH official said that the value of pledges had increased. Note - that doesn't necessarily equate to numbers pledging, onlt to the total value.

14 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

what does non-executive director mean? it seems that the people we elected to represent us on the board have no say on anything the board decides. I don't want to run the club but I do want the people who represent the ones who will own the club in the near future to be able to at least have some input to Hearts. I am hoping this will change when the fans do actually own the club, but from what I have read in the statement, it seems not.

Non exec basically means they are there as an advisor to assist with strategy. In this case almost certainly to compensate for the lack of football experience of the other directors.

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Non exec basically means they are there as an advisor to assist with strategy. In this case almost certainly to compensate for the lack of football experience of the other directors.

so in the future when the board are making a James Hunt of things, do we, the owners have any way of removing said incompetents? If not it seems Ann Budge has still got the club and her monies back, and can appoint anyone she pleases to the board and we the owners can just whistle.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

so in the future when the board are making a James Hunt of things, do we, the owners have any way of removing said incompetents? If not it seems Ann Budge has still got the club and her monies back, and can appoint anyone she pleases to the board and we the owners can just whistle.

There's a time honoured thing in football called the "Sack the board" chant. Do it often enough and have good reason enough and it often happens. Generally however what happens is the board sacks the manager - as the team playing poorly is often the real source of frustration - to pacify the fans and save their own skins.

If Budge does continue to back Levein even if we lose the next few games, she really will be an unusual owner. Kind of admirable really in that she doesn't seem to be doing all this for her own benefit. The easiest route would be to sack Levein and appoint whoever the fans seem to want. Kind of what the SFA board did with McLeish and Clarke - to try to save their own skins.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/media/312/governance-proposals.pdf

The board of directors of the Club will be charged with managing and directing the affairs of the Club. The Foundation will not intervene, in any way, in the day-to-day operation of the Club but will have representation on the Club Board as at present. For its part, the board of the Foundation will have responsibility for ensuring it has a clear understanding of members’ views through regular engagement and, on some major matters, through a formal vote by members

7 hours ago, TurboT said:

Couple of points 

Pledge numbers remain strong”, extremely vague and tells us nothing, I know several people who have cancelled their pledges. I’d have preferred some detail.

FoH expect to repay the final £600k within the next year.   FoH have been collecting well over £100k per month, why is going to take a year to pay back the remaining £600k?  Surely it’ll be in around 6 months.

It is a better update than the one from Hearts though so fair play.

1. Pledge numbers remain strong, We are happy to let you know that we have more pledgers now than we did three months ago. That tells you everything you need to know about the commitment and resilience of Hearts fans.

2. Within the next year does not mean it will take a year, the clue is in the word 'within'.  Based on historic contributions, it should be closer to 6 months, which happens to be within a year.

For anyone who has donated since day dot re FoH and continues to do so and will, well done to you and us....

Great reading and a wee reminder why we do it and what can be achieved when AB is paid off and we can really kick on... 😊

The envy of plenty up and down the land 😊🤗

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

There has never been a time ever when a manager at any club has not been sacked through fan power and/or bad results (the most recent high profile example of someone who tried to hang on but in the end left down to pressure on the club from fans was Wenger). Levein will be gone as head coach if results continue like this. 

I hope you're right as it doesn't seem to have made too much difference so far.

13 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

Some fans are envious of our success, while others have a grudging respect for what we have demonstrated can be achieved by sticking together.  There are some, too, who would much prefer that we didn’t exist at all.  What we should remember is that talk of cancelling pledges is not only potentially harmful to our club, but also plays right into the hands of those rivals who want us to fail.

That right there is the most pertinent part of the statement. Bang on the cash that. In amongst all the anger and frustration about current results, just be mindful of not letting the wet dreams of bitter Hibs vermin become reality.

9 hours ago, RobNox said:

1. Pledge numbers remain strong, We are happy to let you know that we have more pledgers now than we did three months ago. That tells you everything you need to know about the commitment and resilience of Hearts fans.

2. Within the next year does not mean it will take a year, the clue is in the word 'within'.  Based on historic contributions, it should be closer to 6 months, which happens to be within a year.

1. Why not just give numbers?

2. I get that 6 months is within a year, however, why would you use a timescale that is double the estimated timescale?

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I thought Wenger went at the end of his contract.

Levein will be the same imo.

Arsenal are worse now imo.

14 minutes ago, TurboT said:

1. Why not just give numbers?

2. I get that 6 months is within a year, however, why would you use a timescale that is double the estimated timescale?

Reduction in the amount people are contributing nowadays probably. 

The pledge is for the future not just now. Yes fan ownership is the next stage but beyond could be many things. Further stadium improvement too I hope as when we hopfully actually see a good team play at tyncastle our little 20k capacity can be extended. One can only hope eh....

Clearly need a decent manager to achieve the last part in my post.

pettigrewsstylist
18 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Hopefully land an invite to 1956 this time.

Yip, waiting on mine likewise :) Its good that the wait is so long though i suppose. Im only at 4-5 mths. What is the current waiting time for 56 club, any idea?

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, Prof said:

Surely the best message is that the Hearts support through FOH will soon have raised £10 million. 

Boom,,Eat that Hobos

Constantly banging on about,,, we own how many shares??? we own nothing etc

Hobos own more of their club etc etc etc.

Looking forward to that Metronome changing beat next year !!!

30 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Reduction in the amount people are contributing nowadays probably. 

The statement clearly says that we have MORE pledges now than three months ago.

In the light of that comment why would you think we have less people contributing ?

How much clearer do you need it to be ?

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

The statement clearly says that we have MORE pledges now than three months ago.

In the light of that comment why would you think we have less people contributing ?

How much clearer do you need it to be ?

You misunderstand whatI meant. Same or indeed possibly more reducing the amounts each individual is contributing per month. Someone who's been paying say £30 per month now only paying a tenner. 

21 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Some folk seem desperate for the numbers to have dropped... nae luck. 

Like the season ticket thread all over again. 

Well done to all the Hearts fans that are able to donate, £9m is a fantastic achievement.  We've almost completed the saviour of our football club.

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

Like the season ticket thread all over again. 

Well done to all the Hearts fans that are able to donate, £9m is a fantastic achievement.  We've almost completed the saviour of our football club.

Yep. On both counts. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Can’t be bothered to read this thread. I get that FOH can’t make decisions & that the fan owned not fan run line is wheeled out. Times like now when a big percentage of the fan base want rid of the manager a member should be able to request a poll on the FOH site. For accuracy make it a log in situ & the info can be passed onto the board. They were happy to poll us for a handout towards the stand 

17 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Can’t be bothered to read this thread. I get that FOH can’t make decisions & that the fan owned not fan run line is wheeled out. Times like now when a big percentage of the fan base want rid of the manager a member should be able to request a poll on the FOH site. For accuracy make it a log in situ & the info can be passed onto the board. They were happy to poll us for a handout towards the stand 

👍

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

👍

Beat Hibs tomorrow , i'll be upping my pledge. lose, I will not be cancelling. In from the start until the day the man above needs me.

6 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

It's never going to operate like that, otherwise we'll have idiots requesting polls every other week, and where does it stop?  Let's vote on Levein as manager, let's vote on whether Sean Clare should start, let's vote on whether we should sign Shankland, let's vote on whether we should be funding a women's team, let's vote on what beer should be served in the fan's bar.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It's never going to operate like that, otherwise we'll have idiots requesting polls every other week, and where does it stop?  Let's vote on Levein as manager, let's vote on whether Sean Clare should start, let's vote on whether we should sign Shankland, let's vote on whether we should be funding a women's team, let's vote on what beer should be served in the fan's bar.

Correct. It absolutely should not.

However, it is the directors' job to be fully aware of fans' feeling on issues like this and to bring that to the table. Whilst I understand they can't comment on board matters it would be reassuring if they acknowledged the depth of feeling.