• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Sagan

• Bull's-eye

• Hearts1975

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I honestly think if we can win the next 2 we will kick on and go on a decent run as players will slowly but surely start to return. 

Can you not see that there's something seriously wrong at Hearts?

How are players going to slowly but surely return when we get a new injury every single week?

Bridge of Djoum
55 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Results. Up until the County game, every time someone I asked my opinion the answer was the same "like the guy but ultimately if the results aren't there, he shouldn't be". Was convinced we'd really kick on after Well in the cup, it hasn't happened and now I feel he has to go. Start winning again and I'll start believing in him again

Good post. Total agreement. 

Win the next 10 games. That would bring us to the top 4. Nothing less given the extent of his failure and lack of progress for over 2 years. He shouldn't be getting that chance. 

11 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I honestly think if we can win the next 2 we will kick on and go on a decent run as players will slowly but surely start to return. 

It’s possible, but I think that is a reasonably big IF at this stage. 

2 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Win the next 10 games. That would bring us to the top 4. Nothing less given the extent of his failure and lack of progress for over 2 years. He shouldn't be getting that chance. 

There is no chance we are going to win 10 games on the bounce. 

I am in the Levein OUT camp but to hold him to that high a standard would be unrealistic. 

Bridge of Djoum
22 minutes ago, Sagan said:

It would be for the Board. They would probably give him a bonus. 

You’re offering nothing, again and missing the question in the OP. 

Plenty threads for slating/ repeating. Try stick with the topic. 

9 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Can you not see that there's something seriously wrong at Hearts?

How are players going to slowly but surely return when we get a new injury every single week?

No I can't. 

I'm hopeful our injuries woes end. 

5 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

It’s possible, but I think that is a reasonably big IF at this stage. 

That's good enough for me. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If he does get a top four slot then it would be hard to not see the season, and Craig, as being a success imo. 

I would say 4th is par for a club with our budget and resources.

On that basis, 3rd is a birdie,

2nd an eagle and 1st an albatross.

The genius of Levein is that after back to back double bogeys, par now looks like success!

2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

No I can't. 

I'm hopeful our injuries woes end. 

Yeah, i was hopeful about a year ago, Still no change, if anything, it's getting worse. 

Just now, Sagan said:

Yeah, i was hopeful about a year ago, Still no change, if anything, it's getting worse. 

Oh well.

My glass is half full, yours is empty. 

That's how it goes sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

That's good enough for me. 

That’s fair enough. But I suppose the problem with taking that position is that no matter how bad it gets, we could always say “win the next 2 and it could be the start of a run of form” - at what point do you draw the line?

It's not just the games we are losing or our league position . 

It,s the type of football we play , His ambition is to end up fourth and he would see that as an accomplishment . 

I would rather have a manager who wanted to win the league.

A hard task it,s true given the ugly sisters financial positions but have a go . 

As well as the above the financial mismanagement he has overseen and the amount of players we have used and discarded over the last three years that is another reason he should go .

what would it take to turn it around was the question. 

It,s too late , he has shown he is incapable of leading the club get rid and appoint a new leader who is ambitious and wants to win every week . 

2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Oh well.

My glass is half full, yours is empty. 

That's how it goes sometimes. 

Yeah, I'm more of a logical person

I don't go to church n that. 

8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

That’s fair enough. But I suppose the problem with taking that position is that no matter how bad it gets, we could always say “win the next 2 and it could be the start of a run of form” - at what point do you draw the line?

I don't have a line, it's really not worth bothering about. I've known for a long time and have bored myself to death on here telling people Mrs Budge will not bow to supporters and will keep Mr Levein until her and the boards expectations can't be met. 

Last season's expectations where met.

We start again, unfortunately lots of supporters can't/won't see it that way. 

So, in summery, the only thing we can do is suck it up and support the team and behave appropriately until a change that incidently won't guarantee anything, happens. 

I'm a patient man.

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

NOw, before my eyes get drowned with venom, slavers etc...hear me out

He is a complete walloper for saying "only six points off 4th" - no Craig, if were 7th place and this was a possibility then okay, but you don't say that sitting bottom of the league

However, the way this season has started, apart from Celtic and rangers, everyone is in close proximity and it isn't unlikely another couple of teams can find themselves in bad runs

If we do happen to sort out the absolute circus we've been watching, then potentially we can find ourselves fighting back again. I've said it before and I agree, but the signings we have made are the better of signings we've made recently, compared to last season etc - Whelan, Washington, Naismith, Meshino, Halkett - all international players, all capable of helping us challenge near the top along with our existing team of Smith, Mulraney, younger players etc

Berra needs launched ASAP and its now not a case of confidence or coming back from injury - he is genuinely garbage.

Clare needs kept out the team until he can justify a place in the team. I like him and have defended him previously but Motherwell game was the icing. He needs dropped until he can prove himself otherwise.

Anyway, its not impossible for us to turn this season around and it will take some amount of change in the Hibs and Aberdeen games to prove otherwise

Over to you, players...

Agree with most of this.

Wouldn't say Berra was garbage but he has been bad recently. 

I think Clare is decent but he's not a wide midfielder in the same way Cowie wasn't a right midfielder either but seemed to be used there too often. This was after Levein commenting a couple of months ago he had been used out of position last season...

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

We need to play effective / fun football for me, it not about winning every game, it’s about looking like we can win every game, and putting up a fecking good fight when we don’t..football is supposed to be enjoyable, a day out.. not a ****ing sole destroying misery.

that’s what it would take ..

Correct imo.  Can he do that?  

35 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Pretty decent and constructive thread on the whole so far. Good to see. 

Was hoping it'd be that way :)

We're stuck with him so guess we have to suck it up but the reality is if he meets the expectations Ann sets him he's staying even longer so lets hope that includes meeting some of these too.

2 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Easy, achieve what Hearts should be achieving.

Get us into the top 4 and a cup semi.

He got us a top 6, a semi final and a final last season.

This sounds like the sort of desperation stuff tail end of Cathros tenure.

We're not going to magically start to click that's fantasy I'm afraid.

We're just delaying the inevitable.

40 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I am in the Levein OUT camp but to hold him to that high a standard would be unrealistic. 

It's unrealistic because he's got us at the bottom of the table. To get himself into a position where he meets expectations he probably needs to win lots of games very quickly. 

30 minutes ago, eyes open said:

what would it take to turn it around was the question. 

It,s too late , he has shown he is incapable of leading the club get rid and appoint a new leader who is ambitious and wants to win every week . 

I think this is where most of us are at tbh. But with Ann giving him her full backing he's not going anywhere soon by the looks of it.

The question was more because we are stuck with him what would it take for you to then support him and be content with his performance? The obvious answer is results, but the ship will have sailed to far with some regardless which is fair enough.

4 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Ann is delaying it, but she seems committed to letting him try. Fasten your seatbelt because it could go on for a while yet

6 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Correct. 

Even if we do win the next couple of games it will be simply paper over the cracks. 

We will soon enough back to the shit we are enduring just now with him in charge. 

He’d need to change his whole philosophy. He’s already spoken about going to Easter Road and stopping them playing  It’s Hibs  not Real Madrid. 

Saying that if we win games we should realistically be winning and at least have a go at attempting to win the ones we don’t I think that’s enough for any Hearts manager to keep his job. 

50 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

It's unrealistic because he's got us at the bottom of the table. To get himself into a position where he meets expectations he probably needs to win lots of games very quickly. 

Nothing that Craig Levein is capable of would get me back onside, it's been finished for a long, long time but he keeps his job because he's got Budge right where he wants her, she's easily led by his delusional vision, I can't believe she hasn't got clever enough people around her to see through the guy and act accordingly.

5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Nothing that Craig Levein is capable of would get me back onside, it's been finished for a long, long time but he keeps his job because he's got Budge right where he wants her, she's easily led by his delusional vision, I can't believe she hasn't got clever enough people around her to see through the guy and act accordingly.

But there's always hope mate, there's always hope!

3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

But there's always hope mate, there's always hope!

Aye but what if he goes on a 15 match unbeaten run? Can we really sack him when we might just be on the verge of becoming a free flowing attacking side that score for fun? I just don't know.

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

Aye but what if he goes on a 15 match unbeaten run? Can we really sack him when we might just be on the verge of becoming a free flowing attacking side that score for fun? I just don't know.

Hah, If only eh, 

He has his way of playing and it's never going to be that way. 

He's had enough money and enough players in the door , he wouldn't want for anymore,

and yet, we're still guff. 

I never have wanted him as manager this time round, so for me nothing could change his position at the club for me to change my mind.

What I would like him to do to make things more palatable before he goes is to turn us into a pack of snarling dogs of war, working hard for each other, attacking at pace, playing with pride in the jersey. In fact the way we were under Doddie and JJ. He needs to stop playing players out of position. You can’t play a central midfielder or a big lump like Uche out wide or play an attacking midfielder at right back. He needs to stop showing loyalty to players who clearly are struggling. Take them out of the firing line while things aren’t going well as they are the boo boy targets. 

Captain Canada

His ship has sailed. We will not get the form of the start of last season back. In fact, that has been shown to be a flash in the pan with results before and since. 

It would take a complete shift in philosophy and an unprecedented winning run for me to even consider changing my mind. 

The frustrating thing is that we have the squad to do the above but won't. 

SpruceBringsteen

I'm not demanding 3rd place finishes and Cup wins. I'm not expecting us to hound the Old Firm, and I'm not clamouring for anything close to the impossible.

I just want to enjoy watching Hearts games again - because right now they make me dread the weekend.

2 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

I don't have a line, it's really not worth bothering about. I've known for a long time and have bored myself to death on here telling people Mrs Budge will not bow to supporters and will keep Mr Levein until her and the boards expectations can't be met. 

Last season's expectations where met.

We start again, unfortunately lots of supporters can't/won't see it that way. 

So, in summery, the only thing we can do is suck it up and support the team and behave appropriately until a change that incidently won't guarantee anything, happens. 

I'm a patient man.

We expected to be 6th?

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We expected to be 6th?

Go argue with someone else Gambo, I know your opinion on all things Hearts, I've read them thousands of times and you bore the tits off me. Sorry.

11 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Go argue with someone else Gambo, I know your opinion on all things Hearts, I've read them thousands of times and you bore the tits off me. Sorry.

At least I have opinions, positive or negative.

99.99% of Hearts fans want and wish for a win on Sunday, but you don't care if we win draw or get beat, everything is positive.

You live in a different little world where everything is positive, you probably would spin a positive to a heavy defeat this weekend. (Something I hope you don't have to prove btw).

At least others are now opening their eyes.

I'm all for folk having differing opinions, yours are not natural and can't be taken seriously though (hence why you HAVE TO change your user name every now and again).

Edited by Gambo

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

At least I have opinions, positive or negative.

99.99% of Hearts fans want and wish for a win on Sunday, but you don't care if we win draw or get beat, everything is positive.

You live in a different little world where everything is positive, you probably would spin a positive to a heavy defeat this weekend. (Something I hope you don't have to prove btw).

At least others are now opening their eyes.

I'm all for folk having differing opinions, yours are not natural and can't be taken seriously though (hence why you HAVE TO change your user name every now and again).

Like I said, you bore the tits of me, not sure if that's a negative or a positive but it's my opinion. 

Go argue with someone that cares. Night night.

Levein is in the same position as any Hearts manager, win football matches.

I personally think he’s done. Lose on Sunday and the situation becomes ridiculous if he isn’t sacked. 

I’d be happy to get behind him if he can show evidence that he can “turn things around”.

I don’t doubt Levein ability to get the lads jeered up for the derby on Sunday, he knows what it means, he will most likely will set up a defensive containment to not lose rather than go out and play those numpties off the park(will be very surprised if he sets up attacking) but the problem has always been his ability to inspire the team for the games that are low key, he beats Hibs and Aberdeen, everything is rosy, we have turned a corner then will go lose to the next shite team we come up against. It’s no good getting them motivated for Hibs when we can’t get motivated for Ross county who he said won’t happen again but we all know those performances are to common nowadays. 

Anyway going to support the team team on Sunday. Want Levein out but want 3 points more! 

I see the Levein haters say that there is NOTHING that Levein can do to save his job.

Which makes them Levein haters, not Hearts supporters. 

That's why Ann treats "real" fans like children.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I see the Levein haters say that there is NOTHING that Levein can do to save his job.

Which makes them Levein haters, not Hearts supporters. 

That's why Ann treats "real" fans like children.

Not really. He has had 4 transfer windows. He said judge him after 2. 

He would of sacked the manager by now. 

The stats are there, since the semi we have picked up 28 points. That would get us relegated. That is on him. He has brought in his players but can’t get them playing or is playing a style that stifles them. 

I was excited when we brought him in to replace Cathro, generally believed he would get us European football but it hasn’t worked, now I don’t actually see him being able to motivate the players outside a home game against Celtic or Hibs. 

1 minute ago, Kylejordan said:

Not really. He has had 4 transfer windows. He said judge him after 2. 

He would of sacked the manager by now. 

The stats are there, since the semi we have picked up 28 points. That would get us relegated. That is on him. He has brought in his players but can’t get them playing or is playing a style that stifles them. 

I was excited when we brought him in to replace Cathro, generally believed he would get us European football but it hasn’t worked, now I don’t actually see him being able to motivate the players outside a home game against Celtic or Hibs. 

You're right, the stats are there. But stats can sometimes lie. 

What did he achieve last season?

Top 6. LC Semi, SC Final.

For me this season stands separate from that. He HAS to turn it around, we should give him the chance, and if he fails after half a season then that is the time for change. In my opinion.

However you surely can't believe that there is NOTHING he can do to save his job.

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

You're right, the stats are there. But stats can sometimes lie. 

What did he achieve last season?

Top 6. LC Semi, SC Final.

For me this season stands separate from that. He HAS to turn it around, we should give him the chance, and if he fails after half a season then that is the time for change. In my opinion.

However you surely can't believe that there is NOTHING he can do to save his job.

Understand that. 

Trust me I want him to turn it around, agree everything that could go wrong has regarding injuries, but I just don’t know how. 

We we just seen a team that has no confidence or passion and that comes from the manager. 

We should of finished top 4 last year after the start we had, but never kicked on. 

I would of been shocked if we didn’t get to the final given the teams we played, and lc semi was disappointing as we did what we always do against Celtic and lied down. 

1 minute ago, Kylejordan said:

Understand that. 

Trust me I want him to turn it around, agree everything that could go wrong has regarding injuries, but I just don’t know how. 

We we just seen a team that has no confidence or passion and that comes from the manager. 

We should of finished top 4 last year after the start we had, but never kicked on. 

I would of been shocked if we didn’t get to the final given the teams we played, and lc semi was disappointing as we did what we always do against Celtic and lied down. 

We didn't lie down in the Cup Final.

But for injuries to Naismith and Ikpeazu I think we would have finished top 4. 

But that's all if's, buts and maybes. 

Let's give him a chance THIS season to see what he can do. 

5 games in is no time to sack a manager. If it is then Steve Clarke will be looking for a new job soon.

4 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Spoleto, i don't like you. 

That's fine by me.

A word of advice. Don't start a thread pretending to seek open debate when you've already made up your mind to be a Levein hater and that is all that you that you had the intention of promoting.