What would it take...

RS86

Thought this could be interesting. Because the tide seems to have turned and nearly everyone I talk to or who posts on here wants Levein gone but Ann's recent statement seems to suggest he's to be given more time yet: What would it take for you to get back on board with him being our head coach?

For me beating Hibs and Aberdeen would go some way towards that but this opinion shift has been a long time coming, so I'd say unless we finished the season with a minimum of European football and a decent cup run I'd still expect him gone for next year.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Sagan

• Bull's-eye

• Hearts1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Win the derby and take it from there. 

It's actions, deeds and wins that count. Words and promises just make things worse at the moment. Victory on Sunday wouldn't change minds overnight, of course not, but JKB would be a much happier place. It would certainly shift the main focus off CL for a few days and onto a derby triumph for Hearts. 

Would be nice.

For me winning games by trying to beat teams rather than trying not to lose to them. Essentially a total change of heart and outlook.

it ain’t gonna happen IMO

3 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Thought this could be interesting. Because the tide seems to have turned and nearly everyone I talk to or who posts on here wants Levein gone but Ann's recent statement seems to suggest he's to be given more time yet: What would it take for you to get back on board with him being our head coach?

For me beating Hibs and Aberdeen would go some way towards that but this opinion shift has been a long time coming, so I'd say unless we finished the season with a minimum of European football and a decent cup run I'd still expect him gone for next year.

Winning games is a must, but sending his team out to have a go home or away would win over some fans but I think it’s actually went past that for most and some sort of change is required. What’s annoying is that I’ve never seen a Hearts manager under more pressure to start winning games but he still comes out with comments about stopping Hibs scoring first rather than giving the supporters some hope about a positive performance from ourselves. 

alwaysthereinspirit

I think he'd have to beat #ibs and Aberdeen convincingly to be allowed to continue.

Both teams are crap. This could be his last chance to show that he can motivate players. More of the same just wont work now. He knows (I HOPE) that he's on thin ice.

Hearts need to look like a team that can score goals every time we cross the half way line. We seem to always be worried about the opposition more than they worry about us.

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

For me winning games by trying to beat teams rather than trying not to lose to them. Essentially a total change of heart and outlook.

This. 

Get out there and give other teams something to worry about instead of being a ******** big snowflake. 😏

Absolute Scenes

NOw, before my eyes get drowned with venom, slavers etc...hear me out

He is a complete walloper for saying "only six points off 4th" - no Craig, if were 7th place and this was a possibility then okay, but you don't say that sitting bottom of the league

However, the way this season has started, apart from Celtic and rangers, everyone is in close proximity and it isn't unlikely another couple of teams can find themselves in bad runs

If we do happen to sort out the absolute circus we've been watching, then potentially we can find ourselves fighting back again. I've said it before and I agree, but the signings we have made are the better of signings we've made recently, compared to last season etc - Whelan, Washington, Naismith, Meshino, Halkett - all international players, all capable of helping us challenge near the top along with our existing team of Smith, Mulraney, younger players etc

Berra needs launched ASAP and its now not a case of confidence or coming back from injury - he is genuinely garbage.

Clare needs kept out the team until he can justify a place in the team. I like him and have defended him previously but Motherwell game was the icing. He needs dropped until he can prove himself otherwise.

Anyway, its not impossible for us to turn this season around and it will take some amount of change in the Hibs and Aberdeen games to prove otherwise

Over to you, players...

No way back for me. He's had far too long as it is and bizarre team selections/ substitutions show he's incapable of being a football manager.

We need to play effective / fun football for me, it not about winning every game, it’s about looking like we can win every game, and putting up a fecking good fight when we don’t..football is supposed to be enjoyable, a day out.. not a ****ing sole destroying misery.

that’s what it would take ..

Edited by kingantti1874

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

No way back for me. He's had far too long as it is and bizarre team selections/ substitutions show he's incapable of being a football manager.

Yep. He's responsible for the shit we find ourselves in now, some fans are too thick or too far up the club's arse to see it.

For the good of the club and the work Budge has done he needs to **** off. It's only going to get worse 

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Selkirkhmfc1874

There's no way back now unfortunately! Hate saying that because the guys the best centre back I've ever seen at hearts and he's worked his socks off but it's just time for change of direction 

We know that even a great run of games can be followed by nearly a calendar year of utter shite, so there’s no way back from my point of view.

Replace.

Not just beating Hibs n Aberdeen but beating them convincingly, high tempo stuff, every man playing for the jersey like their life’s depended on it 

Get us top 4

Decent cup run.

Don't lay down to the OF.

Smash Hibs.

Achieve those goals each season and a manager can stay as long as he likes.

Ideally those cup runs end in a trophy but if you get put out by Celtic having given it your all then you can't ask much more than that.

Nobody is beyond forgiveness. Some people have it in for Levein and for some reason make it very personal. Strange behaviour in my opinion. I just want hearts to be successful.

9 minutes ago, Angus Ogg said:

Not just beating Hibs n Aberdeen but beating them convincingly, high tempo stuff, every man playing for the jersey like their life’s depended on it 

I’d settle for that. I don’t even necessarily think I need us to win the games, but we need to go through the next 3 or 4 showing that we believe we can do something. 

We’ve shown that we can be good once in ten competitive games so far this season, plus maybe 10 minutes at Aberdeen. 

Going on from that, he’s got a lot to do. I’ll maybe forgive (but not forget) the last year if we finish top 3, or very close, and do not lose a cup tie against anyone bar the uglies (away from home or Hampden).

Edited by Shaggy2

41 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Winning the treble. 

Bazzas right boot

Beating hibs and getting to the lc semi is a start.

The truth is hibs and Aberdeen aren't great either and every team will go through good and bad form. Livi and Motherwell will be lucky to be in the top 6 come the season end, they aren't staying there. We have been shite but go above hibs with a win on Sunday, the league is tight.

If he beats hibs, it's a platform to go forward with. Beat Aberdeen and we are in our 3rd lc semi in a row, we'll have  a little momentum, confidence and progress and something to look forward to you.

We just need to win a few games , they two are pretty much required now. I see no way back from defeats to hibs and Aberdeen tbh.

End of season top 4. 

MarkDevriesScores4
43 minutes ago, RS86 said:

We have the 3rd highest valued squad in the country (behind the ugly sisters, but more than Aberdeen). 

Craig would therefore be meeting targets if we finished 3rd, qualifying for Europe.

We will know categorically whether Levein can meet this fair target or not by November. If we are still drastically underperforming and have not made a dash for top 3, he has failed. I can’t see how anyone can argue otherwise.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Short term,  not lose into the internationals whilst looking like a team that knows what its supposed to be doing,  by Christmas cemented top 6 and challenging for Europe,  top 4 finish by season's end,  having either won a cup or going out in the manner of the cup final 

I know I'm in the minority but I want Levein to come good. Prove us all wrong and get some silverware. 

As I've said many a time, the man does love the club and I think if I was manager you'd be hard pushed to get me out the door, if I had results like this, and knew that with the squad we could be phenomenal. 

Think for me top 3 and a trophy is what he needs to get the respect of fans back. 

Unfortunately, I think top 4 is just where we should always be about. 

queensferryjambo

IMO he would need a decent run of victories. The awful style of play has been so bad we would also need to be performing a good standard of football on top of winning.

Top 4 would be a must and at least a semi final. I would also say that to get most on board nothing short of a cup victory would sway most.

It is all a very big ask considering how dreadful we have been. I know it's easy to say but Levein has nothing to lose why doesn't he throw caution to the wind and go for all out attacking football? What is the worst thing that can happen - we lose - we are losing anyway and not even making an effort to attack.

I personally cannot see Levein doing what it takes to get fans back on board.

4 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

IMO he would need a decent run of victories. The awful style of play has been so bad we would also need to be performing a good standard of football on top of winning.

Top 4 would be a must and at least a semi final. I would also say that to get most on board nothing short of a cup victory would sway most.

It is all a very big ask considering how dreadful we have been. I know it's easy to say but Levein has nothing to lose why doesn't he throw caution to the wind and go for all out attacking football? What is the worst thing that can happen - we lose - we are losing anyway and not even making an effort to attack.

I personally cannot see Levein doing what it takes to get fans back on board.

A lot more respect if he would go and attack teams rather than his negativity against the likes of Hamilton and Ross Co. 

Cant see it though because it seems to be in his dna to be ultra cautious. 

Thats why his time is up now at Tynecastle.

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Given the quality of our squad we should be challenging for Europe and be in cup semis however I fear Levein is incapable of getting us there. Regardless if we win the next two games he has shown over the last year he does not have the tactical savvy or personality to inspire the team to a consistent run and achieve our goals. The leopard isn't going to change his spots even after a couple of wins. Bizarre team selections and substitution's, lack of fight or motivation, persistence with his favourite players when they're clearly not doing the business, the list of faults is endless. I thought he was the man to do it when he took over but he's had long enough and he just doesn't have it and he will never be onside with the majority again sad to say.  

Results. Up until the County game, every time someone I asked my opinion the answer was the same "like the guy but ultimately if the results aren't there, he shouldn't be". Was convinced we'd really kick on after Well in the cup, it hasn't happened and now I feel he has to go. Start winning again and I'll start believing in him again

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

With who 😉

Gary Locke. Best of both worlds. Passion and pragmatism.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Win both the next games to start off with. A defeat in either and it’ll be curtains, win both and he’ll have a small amount of time banked to turn it around. We then need to go on a run otherwise we’ll be back to folk baying for blood. Ultimately, top 4 and a cup final (draw depending) come seasons end. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Merge? 🤷🏻‍♂️

With pep?

Actually, Klopp is similar looking in a way.  No one would notice. 

Merge with Klopp. 

Outside the box thinking. 

I like it. 👍

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Gary Locke. Best of both worlds. Passion and pragmatism.

Said several times, Locke as one of the coaches wouldn't be a bad thing. 

Co managers, assistant manager or assistant to the manager? 

😜

38 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

I know I'm in the minority but I want Levein to come good. Prove us all wrong and get some silverware. 

As I've said many a time, the man does love the club and I think if I was manager you'd be hard pushed to get me out the door, if I had results like this, and knew that with the squad we could be phenomenal. 

Think for me top 3 and a trophy is what he needs to get the respect of fans back. 

Unfortunately, I think top 4 is just where we should always be about. 

your not in the minority I don’t think.. I’d love nothing more.. I just don’t think it will, we’ve not seen any evidence that it will happen.. at some point.. it’s over

Win a few games and most will be happy.

The loonys that want him out no matter are really not worth bothering about, they just go through life moaning and groaning about everything anyway, let's be honest, we all know a few of these types. 

hands up i have never been a fan (first time or since) as a manager; loved him as a player. 

I like to watch a game where we try to win and are the best team on the park - two basic requirements CL does not share (ever). So for me there has never been a reason to keep him. If we beat Hibs and Aberdeen, that does not change.  if we finish 4th, fine, but that is no more than  should happen, it does not show any ability.

CL might be a good dof (no idea), but we need someone to take the club forward with style and no one can say that is him, or has ever been him.

I’m completely realistic so 4th currently with the injuries we have is a massive ask.

Top 6th this season with perhaps a semi final. This would be decent with all that’s going on.

Next season I would hope for another trip to Hampden and 4th.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Exactly.

I’ve seen replies on here suggesting back to where we should be (4th being suggested), and make Tynecastle a fortress again etc.  But wasn’t there an infographic on another thread recently which suggested that our average post-war finish is somewhere between 5th and 6th.  If that’s the case then aren’t we all being a touch over optimistic in our expectations?

13 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Win a few games and most will be happy.

The loonys that want him out no matter are really not worth bothering about, they just go through life moaning and groaning about everything anyway, let's be honest, we all know a few of these types. 

Just winning a couple of games would not be enough surely. 

3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

It would be for the Board. They would probably give him a bonus. 

North Berwick Jambo
1 hour ago, RS86 said:

What would it take for you to get back on board with him being our head coach?

Lots of LSD!! 🤪

10 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I honestly think if we can win the next 2 we will kick on and go on a decent run as players will slowly but surely start to return. 

Bridge of Djoum

IF... He begins to play more expansive football, we see results steadily improve, he doesn’t tinker or play players who simply shouldn’t be there, (injuries are killing us here) he shows the passion we know he has, (health reasons may be at play here). I just don’t see this happening sadly. IF this happens over the next 5-6 games I’d be prepared to give it more time. I really think he should’ve stepped down after the Motherwell game, he didn’t so we have what we have. I wish him nothing but the best.