• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Sagan

• Maroon Sailor

• Bridge of Djoum

3 minutes ago, Mort said:

Would love a win but we haven’t won a league match for 6 months sadly.

Hibs have only won 2 in the same time. 

I'll ignore the fact that one of them was v us. 

2-1 them.  I’m devoid of all optimism, please accept my apologies.

We will continue to be the charitable club. 

- Ross County (the newbies), we gave their first away point

- Hamilton, favourites to go down and utter guff and we gave them a point

- Motherwell, hadn’t won at Tynie for 5 years, here you go have 3 points

- Hibs, 1 win in 5, haven’t won a derby at ER for over a year, there here you go have this one on us

Naismith plz if fit!

our fortunes have to change sometime, so, hopefully, Sunday's the day. Always fancy us to beat the vermin, no matter what.

1-2 Hearts ....YAS

HHGH 

FTH

Hope Naismith isn't being rushed back through sheer desperation on Levein's part.

The prospect of Uche or MacLean up front is depressing. 

Still, looking forward to the atmosphere if nothing else. 😁

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Strange comment to make, especially in a derby, but for me, it needs to go beyond winning and losing.

I have not witnessed any organisation or discernible pattern of play from us all season, bar Motherwell away. Similar match on Sunday perhaps to that one, gives me some hope we can do this. But that then needs to be taken forward into Wednesday.

In short, looking for something tangible from Sunday, that tells me we have an identity moving forward, right now its a shambles. Leaders required.

Genuine Hearts fans will be hoping for a Hearts win, right?

I hope we wipe the floor with this shower of s****.

The atmosphere could be interesting.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Strange comment to make, especially in a derby, but for me, it needs to go beyond winning and losing.

I have not witnessed any organisation or discernible pattern of play from us all season, bar Motherwell away. Similar match on Sunday perhaps to that one, gives me some hope we can do this. But that then needs to be taken forward into Wednesday.

In short, looking for something tangible from Sunday, that tells me we have an identity moving forward, right now its a shambles. Leaders required.

I said before the Motherwell Cup game we would win, even though there was no great evidence we would. The same will happen on Sunday. We will win. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Haken said:

Genuine Hearts fans will be hoping for a Hearts win, right?

I hope we wipe the floor with this shower of s****.

The atmosphere could be interesting.

More opportunity for conflict between your own fans than the opposition fans type match

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

More opportunity for conflict between your own fans than the opposition fans type match

Hibs are there for the beating, unfortunately so are Hearts at the present,I would gladly take a point.

Going to miss the game on Sunday due to playing football but I think we will beat them.

Hope Smith is fit enough for RB but if not put Dikamona in rather than Brandon please

Will be watching in a Crete boozer, probably through my fingers or from behind a chair.

More in hope than expectation. They are also shite so who knows?

On paper we’re a stronger side but that’s been the case this season on a few occasions. 

I fancy us to win this one though by the odd goal, springboard time in the season.

Get at them right from the start, get the crowd behind the team and let's give them a doing (or 1-0 will do)!

Always look forward to an Easter Road away day. Think we will score 2 or 3, wee Meshino with at least 1 goal.

No idea where my optimism is coming from, but I'm going with it. Can wait to get there on Sunday! 

All the pressure has been lifted from the players and theyre getting more than an easy ride at the moment. 

This week is pay back time, it's time for them to properly step up and show us what they're capable off, no slackers, 100% effort and demolish that pile of Shit. 

I fully expect a slaughter. 

Edited by Noah Claypole

Really hope we thump the muppet men and then attention can be turned to Levein's future. As much I hate what is happening under Levein's tenure I never want to get beaten by that mob. 

Damour and Whelan with Meshino just ahead, those three will win us the game. 

Hibs 0-3 Hearts

Meshino x2

Ikpeazu

I've no idea why I am feeling any confidence, but I am 

These bunch of players couldn't get up for action in a brothel. However, Hibs have a worse midfield than ours and for the past 4 years that has been where derbies have been won and lost. 0-0.

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Hope Naismith isn't being rushed back through sheer desperation on Levein's part.

The prospect of Uche or MacLean up front is depressing. 

Still, looking forward to the atmosphere if nothing else. 😁

Correct. I don't want an unfit Naismith and Michael Smith being thrust into this game as an act of desperation by the manager only for us to then lose their services for a longer period of the season.

Playing if 100% fit is perfectly understandable, being played by a manager in desperation to try and save his own job is not on. The season doesn't end after full time on Sunday.

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

These bunch of players couldn't get up for action in a brothel. However, Hibs have a worse midfield than ours and for the past 4 years that has been where derbies have been won and lost. 0-0.

On the evidence of the last few games, il be surprised if we don't concede.  We really need to cut out the defensive mistakes and take it from there.  0-0 1-1 

Concede an early goal as usual and then go on to lose with barely a whimper. Been a few like that at ER in recent times and see no evidence to suggest otherwise. Sad thing is Hibs are mince and there for the taking. 

I can see no reason to believe CL will choose either the right players or strategy or that after 6 months we'll suddenly start winning.

But I think we will. It's illogical but Hibs, too, are fragile and I just have a feeling we will win and win well. 

In all likelihood loud cuckoo stuff but Hibernian 0 Hearts 3. Total Lochend meltdown, dotnut closed for the foreseeable and Heckingbottom chased up Easter Road by flame, pitchfork and ageing casual. 

Can we back the team 100% during the game (ok it could go tits up) but the players hopefully may respond rather than out chants etc, HT and after is one thing. Not so much seagulls at this game but could be vultures circling! I am now up for this game.....what a fool eh never learn :)

We usually get tickets in row S 90+, but on Sunday 6 of us are in row H seats 3-8. 

5 of us are aged between 75-50, my daughter who is also going has just pointed out that we could be in the middle of the young team. 

Looking forward to a noisy first 3 points and kick start our season 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Peierra, 

Smith, hacklet, berra, hickey

Whelan, irving

Morrison, mashino, mulraney

Naismith 

That way we have experience and youth. The youth giving the energy and drive, no fear backed up with experience of naismith and Whelan 

2-0 to the jam tarts 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

And people think he isn’t trying to antagonise fans...........

05A66BCC-46CD-49F9-AD37-09B3E8ABAB2B.jpeg

We are raising the bar lower with every season.  What a ****ing loser.

""So the focus for us is not to assist the opponents, to do everything we can to stop them from scoring and I think that will then put us in a position where we've got a chance of winning."

Defensive line-up on Sunday then. 

Captain Canada

4-2-3-1 should work well:

Joel

Smith (only if 100% fit) Halkett Berra Hickey

Damour Whelan

Morrison Naismith (only if 100% fit) Meshino

Uche

Subs: Bobby, White, Dikamona, Irving, Keena, Clare and Mulraney 

Meshino needs to start and I think he could link up very well with Uche. 

7 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

""So the focus for us is not to assist the opponents, to do everything we can to stop them from scoring and I think that will then put us in a position where we've got a chance of winning."

Defensive line-up on Sunday then. 

Back 3 it is then.

Imagine being an attack minded player in this squad and hearing your manager say this in relation to your rivals.  It’s like we’ve already chucked it.

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are raising the bar lower with every season.  What a ****ing loser.

Yep. He's starting to annoy me now and I idolised him when I was a lad.