• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• David McCaig

• Rudy T

• alwaysthereinspirit

31 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Well no doubt Levein will play him then, 10 mins in Naismith will breakdown and be out for the next 6 weeks! Seems to be the norm!

Even if Naismith has trained all week, the simple fact is that he is a 32 year old who has played 75 minutes in 8 months.  Pitching him straight into a starting role in a derby is just inviting injury.

We need to start phasing injured players back in via reserve games and substitute appearances.

41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If Clare starts I may self harm

Hide the knives and scissors mate. He will more than likely be playing. 

Edited by rick witter

I've no idea where to start . I don't care can play women OAP's . I'm going to take my place in the shit hole and join in the banter singing and respect Rab and Jim with retro Hearts songs . ****ing real fans them 

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Even if Naismith has trained all week, the simple fact is that he is a 32 year old who has played 75 minutes in 8 months.  Pitching him straight into a starting role in a derby is just inviting injury.

We need to start phasing injured players back in via reserve games and substitute appearances.

Don't know if Levein is thinking that way though. 

He is a desperate man and I would not be surprised if he took a big risk with Naismith and threw him on if things start going pear shaped at any time in the game. 

Washington was carrying an injury on Saturday which the club knew but threw him on anyway and the rest is history. 

Graham Thomson
1 hour ago, Ted Hastings said:

Well going by past experiences id say it’s quite likely he’ll chuck in a curveball like starting Euan Henderson or Lewis Moore again, but i’ll give it a go.

Pereira

Smith Halkett Berra Hickey

Damour Whelan

Meshi      Naismith    Mulraney

Uche

That team is as good as we can put out 👍

alwaysthereinspirit
12 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Why do you think ?

I dont know. SRB named at least 4 player who when fit will most likely start. That's certainly not helping us. It's also not an excuse. I dont think Levein is to blame for every single mistake though.

Aberdeen second goal, two brain farts in 5 second by two seperate Hearts players. Hamilton second goal, ball should have been bouncing on Gorgie road. Motherwell third goal, ball should have been sitting behind the distillery wall. Levein picks the team I know.

This isn’t the match to chuck in one of the youngsters for no reason as Levein normally likes to do.

The only teenager that should be playing is Hickey. 

been here before
5 minutes ago, King prawn said:

This isn’t the match to chuck in one of the youngsters for no reason as Levein normally likes to do.

I know he's not a teenager but as far as the 'youngsters' go Id maybe have Morrison in there. He looked ready to rock playing for the reserves v Dunfermline on Tuesday at the Battle of Meggetland.

there is no way that Clare starts after last week, you would hope, but he's Leveins blue eyed boy, he's to Levein as Levein is to Budge. Our team selection is crazy, expect the unexpected

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I think CL will go first and foremost not to lose and we are likely to see a defensive formation.

Not convinced CL will start Meshi for this reason. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Claire off Uche, dependant on Naismith fitness, with Meshi being held in reserve until later in game.

Be interesting to see if Naismith plays. It’s the type of game CL would certainly want him for, but getting on the pitch has proved difficult this season. 

Like a few others I think will see some random selection that makes little sense, I wouldn’t be surprised if he went to a back 3 or something like that. 

Don’t see CL being attacking, unless has to be, think his mindset will be about avoiding defeat to try and keep the pressure at bay.

There’s a similar thread on .net about their team, they’re worried about their midfield, we need to go with Whelan and Damour then build round those two and bully their midfield. It’s how we used to do it, problem is who can put the ball in the Hibees net!?!

35 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't know if Levein is thinking that way though. 

He is a desperate man and I would not be surprised if he took a big risk with Naismith and threw him on if things start going pear shaped at any time in the game. 

Washington was carrying an injury on Saturday which the club knew but threw him on anyway and the rest is history. 

Ditto Smith at Parkhead.

We also threw Godinho in against Aberdeen last season having played no reserve games after having recovered from a knee injury.

Just now, David McCaig said:

Ditto Smith at Parkhead.

We also threw Godinho in against Aberdeen last season having played no reserve games after having recovered from a knee injury.

Bit of pattern emerging unfortunately 😕

What was wrong with the other thread?

Anyway if everyone is fit...

Pereira

Whelan Damour 

Morrison Meshino Mulraney 

Naismith 

From what I've seen so far, Meshino is going to be best centrally where he can go where he wants.

I'd prefer we go with the intelligence of Naismith up front rather than the brute force of Uche.

Morrison has been doing well in the reserves and maybe deserves a chance although it is more likely Clare will play.

A solid defence, a strong midfield and plenty of pace and skill in attack.

15 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Pereira 

Whelan Damour 

Meshino Naisy Mulraney 

Uche

If Meshino starts I think it will in the number 10 role as massive risk Smith will get doubled up on and badly exposed if he's out wide.

Obviously a fully fit Naismith would take the number 10 position but I expect him to be on the bench.

Adam_the_legend
28 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

there is no way that Clare starts after last week, you would hope, but he's Leveins blue eyed boy, he's to Levein as Levein is to Budge. Our team selection is crazy, expect the unexpected

Oh he’ll be playing alright. Mr Teflon will have his name down first. 🤦🏼‍♂️

4 5 1 must be. Motherwell tore our central midfield apart.

...................A Keeper

...........Damour... Whelan

Uche........Naismith..........Mulraney

..................Keena

I'd play Uche out wide. He's not a great striker but he cause havok in the opposition when he runs at them.

48 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Clare simply can't get a game again if you were watching last week!!!..........Surely

julienbrellier
3 hours ago, Ted Hastings said:

Well going by past experiences id say it’s quite likely he’ll chuck in a curveball like starting Euan Henderson or Lewis Moore again, but i’ll give it a go.

Pereira

Damour Whelan

Uche

Thats the team. Chances of Levein playing it though? 100/1

Pereira

Smith   Dikamona Beŕra    Hickey

Hallett

Whelan            Damour

Meschino                     Mulraney

Naismith

This for me crying out for drive in midfield Halkett Dikamona deserves a chance

Team has pace craft and power

Halkett could be his curve ball In the middle 

12 hours ago, Ted Hastings said:

Pereira

Damour Whelan

Uche

Fingers crossed this is the team!

Edited by EH22-Jambo

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 hours ago, Ted Hastings said:

Pereira

Damour Whelan

Uche

Would be happy with this 

11 hours ago, King prawn said:

Henderson is a cert to start. 

10 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Pereira 

Smith.  Halkett. Berra.  Hickey. 

Whelan. Damour. Irving. 

Naismith. Meshino. 

Uche. 

Wanting to see this. 

Not sure why. Woke up today super confident. There’s no evidence to support this but for some reason I think Sunday could be special. 

The teams that we are predicting COULD absolutely hammer this Hibs team. On paper we are stronger in about every position. If you compare the two teams there’s no one from them I would take right now and it’s been a long time since I could say that. 

Halkett and Berra will take care of Kamberi with ease.

Loic and Whelan to overpower and bully their powerpuff spiceboy midfield.

Naismith to bring the best out of Uche and exploit their leaky defence. 

With the quality we have it’s got to click at some point. No better time than Sunday!!

I saw Mikey Smith down the Livi centre yesterday with his wife and new child. More than happy to talk Hearts. Said him and Naismith are touch and go for Sunday. 

Joel 

Smith 

Berra 

Halkett 

Hickey 

Whelan 

Damour 

Meshi 

Naismith 

Mulraney 

Uche 

14 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I saw Mikey Smith down the Livi centre yesterday with his wife and new child. More than happy to talk Hearts. Said him and Naismith are touch and go for Sunday. 

Joel 

Smith 

Berra 

Halkett 

Hickey 

Whelan 

Damour 

Meshi 

Naismith 

Mulraney 

Uche 

Yip, he is a  really nice guy.

He will be playing on Sunday alright.

Naismith will start on the bench.

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

13 hours ago, Ted Hastings said:

Pereira

Damour Whelan

Uche

That’s the team right there.

11 hours ago, Glottis said:

4 5 1 must be. Motherwell tore our central midfield apart.

...................A Keeper

...........Damour... Whelan

Uche........Naismith..........Mulraney

..................Keena

I'd play Uche out wide. He's not a great striker but he cause havok in the opposition when he runs at them.

That is not a bad shout actually.

Uche is at his best facing goal and running at folk rather than receiving a punt with his back to goal.

If we play to his strengths he could be really effective imo.

11 hours ago, been here before said:

I know he's not a teenager but as far as the 'youngsters' go Id maybe have Morrison in there. He looked ready to rock playing for the reserves v Dunfermline on Tuesday at the Battle of Meggetland.

From a results perspective we have performed far better with Morrison in the team rather than Mulraney.  

been here before
26 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Joel 

Smith 

Berra 

Halkett 

Hickey 

Whelan 

Damour 

Meshi 

Naismith 

Mulraney 

Uche 

Do people genuinely go up to players when they're out in their own time with their families and pester them about Hearts?

Did you tell him about how you're "at war with the club?".

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Do people genuinely go up to players when they're out in their own time with their families and pester them about Hearts?

lol :)

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

He signed my pack lunch box. 

11 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Thats the team. Chances of Levein playing it though? 100/1

Slim to none. He seems to love throwing them off with a curveball selection when we play at fester road. I really wouldn’t be surprised if there was one youngster in one of the attacking positions.

After his recent performances Clare should start on the bench but I think we will see him as well. 

Still positive for a result though, they are sh*te. 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

I see Dikamona regularly and just give him a nod. 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Jealous post imo 😉

14 hours ago, Ted Hastings said:

Pereira

Damour Whelan

Uche

This has to be the team! If it is, I’m confident we’ll win.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m not convinced Levein goes Damour and Whelan, though it would seem the obvious pairing. CL hasn’t started them together I don’t think, which does seem slightly change.

Which given how many Derby’s he’s been involved in makes no sense. Win the battle win the game!

Doyle

Brandon Whelan Damour Mulraney

Uche Meshino

Brandon in to give Smith a bit of protection if he's not 100% - Clare or Morrison could also go on the right, but Brandon has more fight about him which we will need at Easter Road. I expect Naismith will make the bench. It wouldn't surprise me to see McLean in for Meshino.

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

From a results perspective we have performed far better with Morrison in the team rather than Mulraney.  

Is that not because Morrison had Naismith in the team more often?