Wee Robbo acknowledged

pettigrewsstylist

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Don't understand why it took so long :confused:

Well done John you fecking Legend.

:notworthy:

1 hour ago, martoon said:

A Hearts legend before his 19th birthday. At first a wee hero who banged in the goals on the way to promotion in 1983. Particularly the two early goals at Dumbarton on the penultimate day. 

Then, a month before his 19th, the two equalizers (along with Jimmy's winner) that broke Hibernian. 

Next up: John Robertson, MBE. 

That Dumbarton game was my first ever away game. Until admin I never saw us in the 2nd tier again

Great news.  And at a time when even quite good news is more than welcome.

Very much doubt if his service to Hearts is over.  If he doesn't find himself on the board one day I'll eat Morgan's crisps.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

That Dumbarton game was my first ever away game. Until admin I never saw us in the 2nd tier again

Did you walk the length of the pitch at half time to get to the opposite enclosure? Most of us were back on at the end too. 

I was approaching 15 at the time. Great memories. Especially of Robbo. 

:robboyas:

Need to see why he was nominated.

But by christ, what a goal scorer, what a fantastic all round footballer, what an all round Scottish football legend.

A Rangers supporter of my vintage said to me recently words to the effect that Robertson was some player and Cruikshank was out of this world.  Said it was a disgrace the trivial number of caps they each won.

He also said that these comments were commonplace amongst Rangers supporters back in the day.

He was one of the good guys.  Home and away supporter for decades.  Deplored sectarianism.  Loved games and Tynecastle and recounted many of them including a fantastic performance from Cruickshank in a 1-1 draw at Tynecastle, a game I remember well.

Doubt if Cruickshank will be postumously honoured but he should be.

Anyway  well done Robbo.

5 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Nice one. Congrats Robbo, well deserved.

It's a shame they didn't give him a bit more more recognition during his playing days.

This

4 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Rudi?
Achievements: 2 Scottish cups in 3 seasons (split over 2 spells) & scored in both finals plus one of the Semi finals, amazing derby record, top scorer every year he was with us.
Talent: I'd say he's the most talented player I've ever seen play for us without hesitation. A wand of a left foot, hattricks, goals in big games etc.

Anyway back on track I'm too young to remember Robbo in his playing days but his goals record & admiration from the fans who did see him play speaks for itself, crazy he wasn't inducted sooner

Rudi will always be a Legend but Robbo... and it is wonderful to talk about the two.

It is great that the younger generation and older have Rudi as a Legend, but Robbo was sublime, his touch, his instinct, he could scramble goals over the line or score into the top corner. He could beat a man and by god he could beat a team - They would see the team sheet and wilt when they saw his name.

Only one John Robertson - Love you wee man, ty for enthralling me during my childhood.

I was not old enough to see Willie Bauld in the flesh but I think my sentiments would be the same for them.

Love Robbo but King Willie is god.

avhudtheteeshirt
4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Don't understand why it took so long :confused:

Well done John you fecking Legend.

:notworthy:

Probably because he never played in green and white hoops or royal blue!!🔨🔨

Legend.

truly deserved. Had the honour of seeing his career and he was an incredible player and servant. Never seen his likes since and won’t again I’d wager.

love the wee man. So many amazing memories . The hammer of hibs ♥️🇱🇻♥️

13 hours ago, martoon said:

Did you walk the length of the pitch at half time to get to the opposite enclosure? Most of us were back on at the end too. 

I was approaching 15 at the time. Great memories. Especially of Robbo. 

:robboyas:

We did. The bus coming back with Longstone Hearts/Busy Bee was carnage. Wee laddie had one of Robbos boots. He’ll be late 30’s now. Hope he kept it

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

We did. The bus coming back with Longstone Hearts/Busy Bee was carnage. Wee laddie had one of Robbos boots. He’ll be late 30’s now. Hope he kept it

I remember Gary Mackay being carried shoulder high whilst simultaneously having his shirt pulled over his head. The bloke wore it on the long walk back to the bus park which seemed miles away. 

About time.

To think that an alcoholic ,racist,wife beating  Geordie was some people's  choice before Robbo.Disgraceful.

Edited by benny

pettigrewsstylist
On 19/09/2019 at 16:49, Jamhammer said:

That 3-2 match. Still brings a tear to the eye,,,,,,,,,feckn scens in that shed corner!! H&S? how did we ever survive lolol.