Wee Robbo acknowledged

pettigrewsstylist

pettigrewsstylist

So many, important, memories; from so many dark, dark days.

Who put the ball in the Hibeees net...............................

alwaysthereinspirit

Great news and well deserved.

Beggars belief that they've taken this long to recognize his accomplishments. 

Looking at some names already in proves once again how inadequate they are for the purposes they're there for. 

2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Great news and well deserved.

Beggars belief that they've taken this long to recognize his accomplishments. 

Looking at some names already in proves once again how inadequate they are for the purposes they're there for. 

Didn’t take long. Cheer up FFS! Can we have one thread without a dig at the current regime. I ken it’s shite but ****.

Anyway very well deserved. A true great! Hates the ******* Hibees too

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Didn’t take long. Cheer up FFS! Can we have one thread without a dig at the current regime. I ken it’s shite but ****.

Think he’s talking about the SFA mate. 

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Aah. Apologies ATIS. Should have clicked on the link but try not to read that rag.

They are a bunch of *****.

Rest of the post stands😀Love that all the greats he mentions are Hearts related too

Edited by Jamhammer

once in a generation player. I only ever remember his last season but i have a VHS of 22 in a row which hearts released and i watched that on repeat when i was a kid! 

alwaysthereinspirit
10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I was meaning the SFA. I hate them and everything they do @$$ backwards.

Sorry for any confusion. 

alwaysthereinspirit
9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Aah. Apologies ATIS. Should have clicked on the link but try not to read that rag.

They are a bunch of *****.

Rest of the post stands😀Love that all the greats he mentions are Hearts related too

👍

A Hearts legend before his 19th birthday. At first a wee hero who banged in the goals on the way to promotion in 1983. Particularly the two early goals at Dumbarton on the penultimate day. 

Then, a month before his 19th, the two equalizers (along with Jimmy's winner) that broke Hibernian. 

Next up: John Robertson, MBE. 

Nice one. Congrats Robbo, well deserved.

It's a shame they didn't give him a bit more more recognition during his playing days.

3 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Nice one. Congrats Robbo, well deserved.

It's a shame they didn't give him a bit more more recognition during his playing days.

Robbo did everything that was asked of him in his 3 starts. Scored twice and played well as I recall. After that, though, it was 10 mins here and there as a sub. Few can make an impact in such a short time at international level but Roxburgh and Broon decided that was that.

Sickened me at the time. Still does. 

Will join Bobby Walker, Tommy Walker, Willie Bauld, Gordon Smith, Dave MacKay, Sandy Jardine and Willie Wallace and McCrae's Battalion 

Mo Johnston, Willie Ormond, Jock Wallace also

The King of Hearts.

He was the best player I’ve seen in my 40+ years of watching us. 

His level of consistency was incredible. 

10 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

The King of Hearts.

He was the best player I’ve seen in my 40+ years of watching us. 

His level of consistency was incredible. 

Willie Bauld was the King of Hearts, Robbo was the Ace.

About time, absolute Legend. Could have played in any of the Hearts' team through the years. As many have said above also  had the privilege to see him play. 

Fantastic, greatest Hearts player I will ever see and a brilliant guy as well. There has been a lot of chat about legends recently in discussions surrounding our manager and I would always contend Robbo is the only real Hearts legend since the 1960s, principally because he is our record goalscorer in the league. Legend is overused and clubs can only have a small few based on talent and achievement.  

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

So many, important, memories; from so many dark, dark days.

Who put the ball in the Hibeees net...............................

..................Robbo Robbo

congratulations wee man an absolute legend!!!

15 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Fantastic, greatest Hearts player I will ever see and a brilliant guy as well. There has been a lot of chat about legends recently in discussions surrounding our manager and I would always contend Robbo is the only real Hearts legend since the 1960s, principally because he is our record goalscorer in the league. Legend is overused and clubs can only have a small few based on talent and achievement.  

Rudi?
Achievements: 2 Scottish cups in 3 seasons (split over 2 spells) & scored in both finals plus one of the Semi finals, amazing derby record, top scorer every year he was with us.
Talent: I'd say he's the most talented player I've ever seen play for us without hesitation. A wand of a left foot, hattricks, goals in big games etc.

Anyway back on track I'm too young to remember Robbo in his playing days but his goals record & admiration from the fans who did see him play speaks for itself, crazy he wasn't inducted sooner