British teams in Europa League

Morgan

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

The combination of the Spurs forwards and the Spurs defence will almost guarantee BTTS in their game. 

Very true👍

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Was going to have a wee bet,some tricky ties probably go down the BTTS route

Shame Celtic are knocked out.   Always good for a defensive collapse.   That would've aided your BTTS. 

20 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The combination of the Spurs forwards and the Spurs defence will almost guarantee BTTS in their game. 

That's the Austrian version of wolfs'.  I think spurs can or at least should come away with a clean sheet.  If not, they are needing a rebuild. 

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

That's the Austrian version of wolfs'.  I think spurs can or at least should come away with a clean sheet.  If not, they are needing a rebuild. 

I know. Spurs don’t so much need a rebuild as a manager that picks the same defence week to week and doesn’t think the sun shines out of Eric Dier’s arse. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Lovely goal, nothing a defender can risk when someone is coming at you at that kind of pace. 

Ironically Man Utd got a goal from three defenders faffing about. 

Sissoko :balloon:

Looks like you're right @Tazio.   My mistake ☺ 

Edit. 

Nice to see some skill by the wolsberger keeper.   He ran amok with the ball at his feet.    Took the piss out of two players.   :joker: Himself and Bale.   

Edited by HMFC01

I always find it amazing to see how many different difficult techniques and tricks Erik Lamela has come up with to make sure that under no circumstances his right foot ever comes into contact with the ball. Including this example of course. 

Glad Rangers have more or less won the league, not to fussed if they get beat tonight some of the nonsense about this great Rangers team in the media is starting to get to me

Just now, heartmussel said:

Glad Rangers have more or less won the league, not to fussed if they get beat tonight some of the nonsense about this great Rangers team in the media is starting to get to me

Haha was just thinking it's nice to get back to hoping they get ****ed 😁

7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Ffs Alex Rae claiming for penalties already 🙄

To be fair, it was a handball.    Not in the sense of the overcomplicated rules.   He did have plenty time to see it coming, missed the header. 

Edit.   I just saw it again.   That's got to be a penalty.    I also just noticed VAR is in use tonight.  :facepalm:

Edited by HMFC01

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Haha was just thinking it's nice to get back to hoping they get ****ed 😁

It’s hard to judge any league in these strange times,empty stadiums no pressure on refs (unless your Hearts) but when I look at Scottish Premier league and 4 th placed team hasn’t scored in 6 games, just how good is our Scottish game.

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

To be fair, it was a handball.    Not in the sense of the overcomplicated rules.   He did have plenty time to see it coming, missed the header. 

Edit.   I just saw it again.   That's got to be a penalty. 

Shame 😁

Just now, neilnunb said:

Looks like Tavernier is goosed

All the more surprising that they don’t have another right back apart from the young lad that was involved in the COVID breach. 

Somebody needs to give Cregan a wee cuddle, he’s heartbroken in Antwerp. He seems genuinely baffled why there is injury time beyond the 4 minutes. It’s quite simple really, a Rangers player was injured and had the physio on the pitch. I’d expect a commentator to have a vague understanding of how time added on works. 

Some amount of greeting from the commentary team. 

If that's for Rangers it would have been - definite contact - entitled to go down etc.

Against them it's a ridiculous decision and exaggerated contact.

GIRFUY.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Honestly what a joke of a penalty award....2-1 Antwerp but you have to worry what a referee and VAR saw from that blatant dive

I never saw it but it was definitely the right call by I’m assuming a non Scottish official.

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Some amount of greeting from the commentary team. 

If that's for Rangers it would have been - definite contact - entitled to go down etc.

Against them it's a ridiculous decision and exaggerated contact.

GIRFUY.

Neil McCann thinking it was a pen. That'll do for me.  

So how many times in commentary every game do we hear “he felt the contact, he had the right to go down”? He felt a foot contact with his ankle so by their usual standards he had the right to go down. I’m not saying it’s right but it’s “cute” if a British based player does it. 

Edited by Tazio

So how many times in commentary every game do we here “he felt the contact, he had the right to go down”? He felt a foot contact with his ankle so by their usual standards he had the right to go down. I’m not saying it’s right but it’s “cute” if a British based player does it. 

'Used his experience'

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

'Used his experience'

Another one from the book of clichés used to excuse players behaviour if they’re from the team the commentators are rooting for. 

haveyouheard1874

Another one from the book of clichés used to excuse players behaviour if they’re from the team the commentators are rooting for. 

😀👍

givememychoice

There was clear contact. Was the reaction exaggerated? Sure, but that's not a crime. See aribo rolling about a minute before. And I have just replayed it. At the point of the penalty award, there was still 40 seconds to play taking into account the VAR check for the first goal, the injury and the substitution.

I’m actually disgusted at the BT Rangers coverage in terms of the pundits. On the Spurs game earlier they had Jermaine Jenas and Glenn Hoddle, both self confessed Spurs fans, who were neutral and objective in their commentary and match summary. This Rangers staffing isn’t even trying to give any credit to Antwerp or attempting to be neutral. 

Edited by Tazio

Indeed. Soft, yes, but a foolish challenge from the Hamilton, Saints, Well, County, United defender, giving the referee a decision to make

Have you noticed Rangers and Celtic players don't even contest these decisions with European refs, unlike over here where they jump, shout and surround the refs.

Edited by neilnunb

6 minutes ago, it_hearts said:

Am i the only one who seen a kick to the ankle?

Craigen actually says "it's just a wee kick to the ankle ". What difference does it make?

Yeah. Kicked him in the ankle - wasn’t deliberate but it doesn’t matter.

Love the idea that VAR would not have given it - absolute nonsense, VAR would have 100% confirmed it was a foul. 

1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

Yeah. Kicked him in the ankle - wasn’t deliberate but it doesn’t matter.

Love the idea that VAR would not have given it - absolute nonsense, VAR would have 100% confirmed it was a foul. 

VAR did check it as it’s in operation in the game.