British teams in Europa League

Morgan

Thursday 19th September 2019

Rennes v Celtic

Frankfurt v Arsenal

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Sporting Braga

Manchester United v Astana

Rangers v Feyenoord

I’m going with wins for Rennes, Braga, Man. Utd and Feyenoord with a draw in the Arsenal game.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In terms of who might win the Europa League we still are in the unfortunate position of not knowing all the teams competing in it.

I'll go for a Chelsea v Man Utd final. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I feel dirty as I’ve put a bet on Celtic. 

I still want them to get beat though. 

Win win situation.

Wins for Rennes Arsenal Wolves Feyenoord and Man U. 

You heard it here first. 

Edit - no you never, Rixxy got there 1st

Edited by smiler

Embarrassing that Hearts as a club are advertising these games. Like the official twitter encouraging hearts fans to head down and watch Celtic and Rangers. So disconnected to the fan base. 

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Embarrassing that Hearts as a club are advertising these games. Like the official twitter encouraging hearts fans to head down and watch Celtic and Rangers. So disconnected to the fan base. 

Aye, along with all the Europa League games as an advert for the 1874 Bar, raising revenue for the club.

Bloody hell, people will complain about everything and anything on here!

16 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It's a factor in Britain compared to many other countries that people (not all people but a lot) are interested in football, not only their own club.

Many overseas coaches comment on this, as a strength of British football and the fans. 

Edited by Mikey1874

24 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The Feyenoord fans are having a rare old time in George Square this evening. 

10 minutes ago, Homme said:

The Feyenoord fans are having a rare old time in George Square this evening. 

they've got a bit of a reputation (worse than Ajax) so it could get 'lively' 

Come along to the Hearts fan bar and watch two of Hearts rivals compete......yeah that’s totally normal and not in the slightest a little embarrassing. Who is that aimed at? Do you know many hearts fans making a night of it tonight going out to watch the old firm in Europe? Or are they advertising at the local

old firm fans?? Very strange behaviour from the club. 

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

they've got a bit of a reputation (worse than Ajax) so it could get 'lively' 

Yep. Plenty of plod there and tbh a lot of them were being arseholes. 

12 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yep. Plenty of plod there and tbh a lot of them were being arseholes. 

Yip. They have a reputation all right.

Tried some bad stuff in Rome however and it never ended well. Took a terrible spanking from the blue helmets.

Rennes got a 16 year old Angolan on the bench who all the big clubs are after. Was expected to start. From what I've heard celtic could take a beating here. 

Lol Sutton saying their new 20mil signing hasn't hit the ground running. Commentator then says he made his debut at the weekend. 

23 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Come along to the Hearts fan bar and watch two of Hearts rivals compete......yeah that’s totally normal and not in the slightest a little embarrassing. Who is that aimed at? Do you know many hearts fans making a night of it tonight going out to watch the old firm in Europe? Or are they advertising at the local

There are other games being shown, and being advertised as well. The 1874 football bar showing live football and selling beer - well I never!

I hope that there will be a healthy number of people there this evening drinking said beer, contributing to the club, and cheering on Rennes and Feyenoord.

Seriously, get a life.

5 hours ago, Morgan said:

Thursday 19th September 2019

Rennes v Celtic

Frankfurt v Arsenal

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Sporting Braga

Manchester United v Astana

Rangers v Feyenoord

I’m going with wins for Rennes, Braga, Man. Utd and Feyenoord with a draw in the Arsenal game.

Agreed but think Wolves could give Braga a good game. Also wouldn't be overly surprised if Frankfurt took a win too 

Theres no British league, so I don't really like the idea of sticking the arsecheeks in the same bracket as the big english clubs. It somehow makes them comparable. They're not. 

Give me two pumpings for the glasgow twosome, and I couldn't care less about the rest. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Theres no British league, so I don't really like the idea of sticking the arsecheeks in the same bracket as the big english clubs. It somehow makes them comparable. They're not. 

Give me two pumpings for the glasgow twosome, and I couldn't care less about the rest. 

Yes, I get that.

Perhaps I should have called the thread ‘Teams from the UK in Europa League’!

34 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Let it go man they'd be showing tonight's games whether the old firm were playing or not. They were showing the champions league last night. 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Yes, I get that.

Ah, but then you would have someone complaining that the two leagues are separate and the thread should have been called "Teams from Scotland and England in the Europa League". ;)

Great news about Robbo by the way. I imagine you're pretty heureux.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Yes, I get that.

:D I know it seems pedantic but really don't want to be feeding the glasgow ego  

They'd get pumped off every single one of those teams, its like comparing chalk and cheese

12 minutes ago, farin said:

You get any of these games on local tv Morgan ?. 

We’re going out shortly to a wee Neapolitan restaurant that shows games involving French and Italian teams, so we’ll catch the 2nd half of the Rennes game.

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

:D I know it seems pedantic but really don't want to be feeding the glasgow ego  

They'd get pumped off every single one of those teams, its like comparing chalk and cheese.

It certainly is.

Pedant.  :) 

16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ah, but then you would have someone complaining that the two leagues are separate and the thread should have been called "Teams from Scotland and England in the Europa League". ;)

Great news about Robbo by the way. I imagine you're pretty heureux.

Tres heureux!

:robbo:

29 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

I hope Scottish refs are watching 

Eduard booked for diving

Brown booked for a rash challenge

First 25 mins 😁

:spoton:

3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

No shirt sponsor for celtic - are betting companies banned in Europe now?

it might just be in france rather than all of europe