Gary Caldwell sacked at Partick Thistle

CJGJ

Hasn't been working there for him. Partick sack him, and presumably start the search for a new man. 

If only Hearts could just do that instead of dithering & prolonging the agony..

34 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Hasn't been working there for him. Partick sack him, and presumably start the search for a new man. 

Far too much of a ground breaking concept for Budge.

Much better to do sweet FA.

Bridge of Djoum

Nice you

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Far too much of a ground breaking concept for Budge.

Much better to do sweet FA.

It’s nice for you that you can have a go at Hearts on an unrelated thread. Especially when there are countless threads already in existence relating to CL, Budge etc...

im happy for you. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Can we please offer them Levein. 

No sorry I quite like Thistle and wouldn't wish that on them. 😉 

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Nice you

It’s nice for you that you can have a go at Hearts on an unrelated thread. Especially when there are countless threads already in existence relating to CL, Budge etc...

im happy for you. 

🤣

9 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Don't mind Partick at all. 

They seem to know how to deal with underperforming managers too unlike our club. 

Yeah

Languishing in the Championship is fantastic. 

Could have been us. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

Languishing in the Championship is fantastic. 

Could have been us. 

We'll find out if that's true next season. 

Partick and Stenhousemuir to be relegated this year.

Hearts to win a cup and be in top four.

Now where's my medication?

First two predictins may still very well come to pass.

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

A club who sack a manager who is underperforming. 

In other words a club with a brain. 

Yes

Though also highlights they made a really shit appointment in the first place. 

No idea who is making these decisions at Partick. They have made changes at board level. Maybe have people with better judgement now. We'll see. 

30 minutes ago, indianajones said:

They seem to know how to deal with underperforming managers too unlike our club. 

Aye? The next one will be their 3rd manager i under a year and yet still they plummet down the leagues.

Well done them.

A club in freefall who have lost their wealthy benefactor due to the way the club is being managed.  Not a club I would be looking to for any guidance in how to manage our managerial issue

Stick him on the 'started positively but quickly ran out of steam' list, next to Ian Murray, Colin Cameron, Allan Johnston, Grant Murray, Paul Hartley, Neil McCann and Jackie McNamara. He's only going to get in the way of the likes of Jim Goodwin and Steve Robinson on the 'up and coming Scottish Football managers on an upwards curve' list. :lol:

1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

getting lined up for the Hobbit's job when we give them a rogering on Sunday :whistling:

Aww please, please let this happen

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Nice you

im happy for you. 

It's nice to snipe from "over the pond" at something you couldn't give a shiny shit about.

I'm not in the mood for your smart arse comments so please just stay at home being supported by your wife who earns considerably more than you. I'm happy for you too.

Have a nice day yawl.

5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It's nice to snipe from "over the pond" at something you couldn't give a shiny shit about.

I'm not in the mood for your smart arse comments so please just stay at home being supported by your wife who earns considerably more than you. I'm happy for you too.

Have a nice day yawl.

😂😂. Booom.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

I think their fans may disagree on Archibald, but funny how quick the milk turns sour in football, doesn't it?

But there in lies a lesson, AA had done brilliantly but once things turned he could do nothing to reverse it, despite having been so good for them.

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think their fans may disagree on Archibald, but funny how quick the milk turns sour in football, doesn't it?

But there in lies a lesson, AA had done brilliantly but once things turned he could do nothing to reverse it, despite having been so good for them.

It's a real trick and skill to manage a relegated squad.

We benefitted from changing the whole squad and having fresh impetus around the club. I think Ross County disregarded the fact of being relegated and has a really positive coaching team and players who just got on with it. 

Players can drag you down. Maybe a lot see the lower division as beneath them. England has a big issue looking at likes of Stoke or Sunderland. Dundee United in 4th year down.

Edited by Mikey1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a real trick and skill to manage a relegated squad.

We benefitted from changing the whole squad and having fresh impetus around the club. I think Ross County disregarded the fact of being relegated and has a really positive coaching team and players who just got on with it. 

Players can drag you down. Maybe a lot see the lower division as beneath them. England has a big issue looking at likes of Stoke or Sunderland. Dundee United in 4th year down.

Add Huddersfield perhaps?

30 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Have a nice day yawl.

Creepy as ****. 

been here before

Used to have a bit of time for Partick but it ebbed away a bit after them getting all arsey about the opening of the new stand and the blatant lies Caldwell came out with, backed by the club, about being "showered with coins and objects" during the quarter final tie through there last March.

I wouldnt have him anywhere near Tynecastle after that. Its Lennon style behaviour.

Fxxk him.

Edited by been here before

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahaha ****ing arsehole of a man, Miller to be player manager.

Kenny Miller, Gerry Britton and academy director Scott Allison in temporary charge.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Kenny Miller, Gerry Britton and academy director Scott Allison in temporary charge.

Cool away strip is about all I care about the weegie ***** to be honest.

5 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Very strange way of dealing with poor results. Surely they will go for an ex player? Ex manager? A proper "Partick man"? One of their youth coaches then surely?

7 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Very strange way of dealing with poor results. Surely they will go for an ex player? Ex manager? A proper "Partick man"? One of their youth coaches then surely?

Gerry Britton, the job is yours! 😂😂

5 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

I'm surprised they didn't move Caldwell upstairs to become DoF, then allow him to appoint a new manager to report in to him.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, RobNox said:

I'm surprised they didn't move Caldwell upstairs to become DoF, then allow him to appoint a new manager to report in to him.

That's how clubs with overwhelmingly good owners operate.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

That's how clubs with overwhelmingly good owners operate.

😂😂😂

That's your best one yet. 

Massive game for Thistle against the Pars this weekend with both at the bottom of the table.

Sacking the manager before it is a big move.

Danny Lennon is a good shout - underrated by many.