Fernando Ricksen R.I.P.

Homme

Fernando Ricksen has sadly succumbed to his battles with MND. 

I'm sure we would all like to pass on our condolences for someone who fought so bravely against this despicable condition over the past few years.

RIP Fernando. A true character and the type of player you would just love to have in your team. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martin_T

• micole

• Homme

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sad to hear, he fought it so bravely.

It's a truly brutal condition and it's really unfortunate to say the least, that despite advances in medical science, we still do not have any kind of effective treatment for it, let alone something that would slow or stop the progression.

Bazzas right boot

Horrible disease, gives me the fear. 

Rip. 

The only comfort is that Hopefully he and his family have some peace now. 

How sad ☹️ 

Brave man, taken too young by that horrible disease. A cracking player in his day as well. 

Rest in peace Fernando lad. 

Hopefully the wider Scottish football community can remain dignified toward his family and his struggle going forward. 

43 is no age to go. And you wouldn’t wish that disease on your worst enemy. 

RIP. 

Witnessed this disease take one of my best mates dad. Absolutely terrifying to see it happen in front of you. FR fought it longer than most, brave man RIP.

Actually loved him as a player. The determination he had and passion was brilliant to watch. I've said to fellow jambos recently a player of his type in his prime is what we've missed. 

Horrible disease to watch someone fall foul of. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

The only good thing to come from this is that he is definitely in a better place. 

Glad Hearts hosted events for him, on several occasions I believe, raising awareness etc, which he attended and he powered through to the end making public appearances. 

True inspiration. True fighter. 

RIP

5 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

Actually loved him as a player. The determination he had and passion was brilliant to watch. I've said to fellow jambos recently a player of his type in his prime is what we've missed. 

Horrible disease to watch someone fall foul of. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

The only good thing to come from this is that he is definitely in a better place. 

Glad Hearts hosted events for him, on several occasions I believe, raising awareness etc, which he attended and he powered through to the end making public appearances. 

True inspiration. True fighter. 

RIP

Yep, worth noting that Fernando was a friend of our club.