Neil McCann

Inch Hearts

7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

What didn’t help with the accusations of interference from Levein was him entering the dressing room at Pittodrie and passing notes down from the stand.

I get that it’s Hearts and Levein and the media will always be angling for that particular story but he didn’t help matters at times.

IMO.

Don't disagree - that's why if Levein is kept on in a DoF role, then that role needs to be transparent and crystal clear - not least for the support.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• sadj

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

McCann did try and play attacking football at Dundee but just with shite players - which unfortunately is a recipe for relegation in the SPL. Im not sure you can say that he is shite as a result.

Bigger picture I do want Levein to stay on as DOF - it is fine saying out as manager but wrong to rip up the whole football set up at the club.

We do not need such a nuclear option.

Why would it be wrong to rip up the football set up? It’s not working and has so many major flaws.

I reckon of the two, McCann is the more likely candidate.  He's clearly intelligent - that will appeal to AB.  Robinson talks so fast it's sometimes hard to know what the hell he's saying!  Would communicate well with Mulraney though! 

If it is McCann, the first time we play St Johnstone could be interesting.

5 minutes ago, Mort said:

Why would it be wrong to rip up the football set up? It’s not working and has so many major flaws.

I agree. People are talking like it would be a mammoth task. It really wouldn’t imo. 

38 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

If true then  he deserves our backing. Going by some of the comments so far it doesn't look like he'd get it. 

Kickback in a nutshell 

"Mad Levein ooot at all costs"

Rumour of impending appointment 

"no Mccann, hes pish, I'd rather keep Levein" 

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

McCann did try and play attacking football at Dundee but just with shite players - which unfortunately is a recipe for relegation in the SPL. Im not sure you can say that he is shite as a result.

Bigger picture I do want Levein to stay on as DOF - it is fine saying out as manager but wrong to rip up the whole football set up at the club.

That's exactly what we do need

Italian Lambretta

Aye McCann as Head Coach and the deluded one back to DOF.

It will all go great until we get a couple of bad results then the notes will start getting passed from Directors box to dugout and before we know we are up shit creek without a paddle.

Sexton Hardcastle

If this happens then Budge has lost my backing. An utterly horrible decision given how fragile we are right now. Could seriously set us on course for another relegation.

8 hours ago, Mort said:

If this is true then it screams that Levein goes back to DOF and remains on the board, maintaining a say in first team matters. Totally unacceptable if true.

Frankly, if that's the only way to remove Levein from the dugout I'll take it.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So what you're saying is he tried to play a style of football that didn’t suit the players he had? Sounds like a ****ing genius to me.

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Sean clare wouldn't be playing under neil mccann because he's made clear many times on radio he doesn't rate him 

Would maybe  make him work harder and play better 

a change would be good for him i think 

Why does everything have to revolve around what is suitable for levein.  We are getting a guy who hasn't proved it in management to accommodate levein.  The fans no longer matter if McCann is given the job.  Advertise the job and go for the best candidate.  What is so complicated about this? We owe levein nothing.  This proves he is now the club and what is best for taking the club forward doesn't matter.  Fans are idiots if they accept this.  

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

No idea if it’s true but there has been rumours for a few days that today was the day it’d be announced. I think @Shaggy2 alluded to that earlier also.

Only thing I’d say in @Inch Hearts defence is an announcement next week seems more likely to me if change is indeed imminent. It allows the team to prepare for the derby without distraction. I also don’t think a new man would be announced so soon before the game as potential defeat at Easter Rd sets him off on the wrong foot with the fans.

But then what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

Agree. Logically I think you are spot on. My only caveat is that it's Hearts and we aren't always known for logic.

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

It would be even more depressing if McCann was announced. Surely Budge isn’t that naive?

What makes you think it would be Dr Budge picking him.

3 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

It would be even more depressing if McCann was announced. Surely Budge isn’t that naive?

Agree. I like McCann, he's a decent football pundit, something he should stick to doing.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Don't disagree - that's why if Levein is kept on in a DoF role, then that role needs to be transparent and crystal clear - not least for the support.

Levein can't not interfere. 

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Word for word this was going to be my next post.

Nothing over 5 letters, I believe you.

If he does come in I think he might improve mulraney. Sat in front of him in ViP last season at the St Mirren game and he had some constructive things to say about Jake's play. 

He'd be a pish appointment with Leveins hand up his arse and all it would be about is protecting Leveins position at the club. A total bag of shite.

Please don't let this be true. As a manager he could cause trouble in an empty house, just what we don't need with our massive squad. No pedigree, minimum coaching experience and he will get little respect from the players as Scottish football is a village and the word will be out on him. Don't want to add another former favourite player of mine to the hate list. 

1 minute ago, The Comedian said:

He'd be a pish appointment with Leveins hand up his arse and all it would be about is protecting Leveins position at the club. A total bag of shite.

If this is the case, it looks like he is at the club in some capacity until Ann Budge leaves, even if its holding us back.  I know she technically owns the club but do all those donations must mean something other than paying her off.  

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Patently untrue, speak to any Dundee fan and they will tell you he was completely clueless. He caused trouble in the dressing room, brought in donkeys and has little coaching experience. 

Keeping Levein as the DoF is misguided. The infrastructure is now in place so that should run itself and I am not convinced he is the person brokering connections in the game, it looks suspiciously like McPhee. Clean break required to really move on. 

7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Patently untrue, speak to any Dundee fan and they will tell you he was completely clueless. He caused trouble in the dressing room, brought in donkeys and has little coaching experience. 

Keeping Levein as the DoF is misguided. The infrastructure is now in place so that should run itself and I am not convinced he is the person brokering connections in the game, it looks suspiciously like McPhee. Clean break required to really move on. 

The two Dundee fans I know, whilst not exactly enamoured with McCann, were far more scathing about Paul Hartley. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
42 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Why does everything have to revolve around what is suitable for levein.  We are getting a guy who hasn't proved it in management to accommodate levein.  The fans no longer matter if McCann is given the job.  Advertise the job and go for the best candidate.  What is so complicated about this? We owe levein nothing.  This proves he is now the club and what is best for taking the club forward doesn't matter.  Fans are idiots if they accept this.  

This in a nutshell.

We seem to be obsessed with this coaching pyramid bollocks. Get fecking shot of it NOW!

8 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

You're a bit subdued with this possibility of Neil McCann.  I expected better...

Me too.  I was expecting another one of those legendary rants.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'd take Gerry McCann in charge just now. Anyone has to be better than what we have.

He'd lose track of the kids on loan. :ninja:

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'd take Gerry McCann in charge just now. Anyone has to be better than what we have.

Players already look lost, not sure we'd benefit from actually losing them, given Gerry's management record to date. 

8 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

If Levein ain't Leving and going up stairs instead ,then we will need somebody who can work with him but strong enough to tell him no .

McCann might be capable of that .

Not really what I want and wont appease a large minority of the support ,but if it happens as ever gets my initial support .

If you know his stance from the summer then yes he is strong enough to do things on his terms

13 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

You're a bit subdued with this possibility of Neil McCann.  I expected better...

Because Neil is a bloke its confused him?

Hearts are 2 people. Ann Budge owns and has ABSOLUTE control of the community centre and Levein has ABSOLUTE control of all football matters

:sob:

Neil McCann talks well, but the evidence of his time at Dundee is that he is terrible at player recruitment, this is the head coach who paid a transfer fee for Jack Hamilton!

It's a no from me.

Get Levein kicked out the door first, with a very hefty boot up the backside. Put Andy Kirk in as caretaker manager, then follow the correct process of advertising the job and getting the best candidate in.........simples. 

Also get rid of McPhee, Daly and Fox while we're at it.

Just now, Martin_T said:

Neil McCann talks well, but the evidence of his time at Dundee is that he is terrible at player recruitment, this is the head coach who paid a transfer fee for Jack Hamilton!

It's a no from me.

I wondered about that. Was he in charge of recruitment?