• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• sadj

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A setup which still includes Levein and MacPhee gets the thumbs down from me.

As for McCann it looks like he had a couple of years coaching at Dunfermline and a poor spell as manager of Dundee.  And some punditry work.  That's not the CV of our new manager surely.

Would not surprise me, I am expecting an appointment that protects CLs position as DOF and the backrooms structure status quo. It's the easy option for those in control. Would find that underwhelming but would support Neil McCann and hope he can take us in positive direction on the field, he is not responsible for our current state. Granted this "change" would anger many.

22 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Lazy appointment that will see loser Levein slither back in to his 'DoF' role and **** all will change. 

Exactly if Budge can’t see he is the main part of this problem and needs removed completely then we are screwed. 

Nothing will change with him still at the club hanging over a new manager like a bad smell!!! 

For me this is just a Twitter rumour that's been picked up and posted here.  

The only way a McCann appointment would happen is if Levein stays as DoF.

I think this is fine if he is coming in as an interim manager until Christmas. If he does well then he can be considered for the job full-time. In the meantime it would get Levein out (I’d prefer he’d get away from the DOF role too) and buy the club a bit of time to find the right person long-term.

McCann has the potential to be a very good manager. He’s clearly intelligent and was trying to get Dundee to play good football. I’d like to see what he can do.

Edited by TemasekJambo

6 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Next head coach next week regardless of the derby.  Done deal today: 

Says the guy that told us the Whelan deal was dead and that he’d leave JKB if he was wrong 😳.

I actually think McCann talks a lot of sense, I think he intelligent and I think he tried to get Dundee playing the right way..

im not however sure it would be the right appointment at the right time.. he would need to be able to replace the coaching staff who for me, haven’t cut it

6 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Can't possibly be true. He's a crap coach and said he liked Rangers more than us when he left us. Would be a real cop out and show a lack of ambition for the club after all we've been theough.

Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only way I’d find this a remotely ‘acceptable’ appointment is if This is until end of season and at that point CL disappears from club completely.

if this means he still has an input into tactics and leaves Daly and Fox in charge at training then No Fecking Way

Disappointing if true.

Why can we not just advertise the position and appoint a decent manager who has proven himself at a good level? 

Oh yeah, was tried that last time and managed to cock it up.

Eddie The Eagle

Club are actively looking for replacements I've been told.  For weeks now. That's not breaking news though is it. i think we all know Leveins time is untenable. They won't remove Levein until then. Craig knows he is gone. Sales are down, club reps are being laughed at when trying to sell packages, hospitality is down, people are canceling FOH subscriptions,  the club are definitely feeling the pinch. My feeling is he will retain his position as DOF and move back there. Will his Ego allow this?  I'm not so sure. I've heard McCann's name thrown around for months. Nothing concrete though,  that I'd swear down on like i did with Whelan 

Not overly excited by this but McCann has the manner that maybe some players need in their lives right now. 

Won't accept sh1te. Wants attacking football and will gladly tell Levein where to go if he stays DOF. 

Hell get my support from the get go, but he'll need results fast or it'll make Leveins position worse and another sacking for him. 

Levein DoF.  Still pulling strings.  Absolutely 100% no.  Sadly, his credibility is rock bottom.  

AB has a huge headache here imo.  

He has to go completely.  I would still opt for Locke in a caretaker role while the position is advertised with it being clear that barring a miracle he will not be appointed.

Judging by people itk it's McCann with CL still there.

Just incredible.

Regardless Of who it is  - it does give me hope that we don’t want to go in to the derby managarless, and we don’t want a new manager having derby for first game.. noises are increasing that his time is up. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Think this is the most likely change. The Robinson story has been planted for a reason, very likely by Robinson himself. 

As I've said a wholesale change of coaching set up or a large compo payment for a contracted manager won't happen. 

The club, Budge and Levein have all missed their window for replacing Levein as manager and keeping on as DoF. He now needs to be removed from the club completely.

Should have acted after the Cup Final but no doubt his ego wouldn’t allow it. Now it’s too late. While a good few of us will just be happy to see him replaced as manager, that won't be enough for a good number of fans I suspect.

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

McCann talks a very good game, I just have a bit of a worry that as a manager he might have a bit of John Collins about him.

Nailed it, I seem to recollect he didn't come over very well in his tenure as manager, I love him for his playing days and think he loves the club and gets the club, but I could say the same about Levein, if it happens he will start with my full backing

Raymond Reddington

As posted previously this rumour was doing the rounds after the cup final. That rumour also had Gary Naysmith as part of the set up. Naysmith returned to the club so who knows maybe their is truth in it? 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

McCann did try and play attacking football at Dundee but just with shite players - which unfortunately is a recipe for relegation in the SPL. Im not sure you can say that he is shite as a result.

Bigger picture I do want Levein to stay on as DOF - it is fine saying out as manager but wrong to rip up the whole football set up at the club.

We do not need such a nuclear option.

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

McCann talks a very good game, I just have a bit of a worry that as a manager he might have a bit of John Collins about him.

• He is certainly very knowledgeable about the game and whenever I have listened to him talking about us he is sensible and constructive.  He picked up a bit of a poisoned chalice at Dundee and tried to get the players he inherited playing in a positive attacking way. If he did get the job here I think one or two on our books would be in for a shock. 

7 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

what an appointment that would be based on his managerial record. we really would have lost the plot

Underwhelming if true, but that being said, the lack of experience chat isn’t that big of a deal. I imagine the same things were being said about Neilson, taking over in an extremely important period for us in the most competitive Championship in forever. That worked out pretty well, so if McCann is true I would like to believe it could end up alright.

7 hours ago, Mort said:

If this is true then it screams that Levein goes back to DOF and remains on the board, maintaining a say in first team matters. Totally unacceptable if true.

Correct. 

It would be the end of Budge as well. 

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

McCann did try and play attacking football at Dundee but just with shite players - which unfortunately is a recipe for relegation in the SPL. Im not sure you can say that he is shite as a result.

Bigger picture I do want Levein to stay on as DOF - it is fine saying out as manager but wrong to rip up the whole football set up at the club.

We do not need such a nuclear option.

Removing CL is not a nuclear option. You do realise there are other Directors of Football out there if we wanted to maintain the structure. Keeping a failed manager, one who's end to his tenure has become toxic, sitting above the new manager puts that new manager on the back foot already, and for what? As DoF he's overseen batshit player recruitment and appointed a disastrous manager. Taking that role in isolation he's done an average job, couple it with his managerial performance and relationshio with media and a big section of the support there is no justification for him to remain. 

Made up nonsense.

However the interesting thing will be whether any new head coach sticks with Daly and Fox. If so surely means we have another puppet.

31 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Robinson from Motherwell named as target in press, would prefer over McCann personality.

Robinson ticks every box in pretty much the same way that McCann doesn't.

Just now, jambogemz said:

If true then  he deserves our backing. Going by some of the comments so far it doesn't look like he'd get it. 

Winning his first game would get most on board. At least inside the ground

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Does McCann actually have the proper coaching certificates to do the job? Last time I heard he didn't.

If he got to manage Dundee then surely he can manage us.

No idea if it’s true but there has been rumours for a few days that today was the day it’d be announced. I think @Shaggy2 alluded to that earlier also.

Only thing I’d say in @Inch Hearts defence is an announcement next week seems more likely to me if change is indeed imminent. It allows the team to prepare for the derby without distraction. I also don’t think a new man would be announced so soon before the game as potential defeat at Easter Rd sets him off on the wrong foot with the fans.

But then what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

So if McCann gets the role of first team manager/coach and Levein returns to his DoF role, I'd like it spelt out clearly what that DoF role is and what its remit is.

For example, the DoF at Rangers just left his post the other day.  Was he pulling the strings at Ibrox?  Was he telling Gerrard how to set up his team etc?  No, I don't think he was.

Did Levein do this when Neilson and Cathro were in charge?  Again, no I don't think so, I'm sure he gave advice if asked, but the speculation and innuendo in the media was that he was essentially running the show.

As it stands now, Levein has little left in the bank with the fans, many wanting a clean break.  If the DoF role is clarified, publically, perhaps that can go some way to placating an angry support?

As for McCann as manager, hmm...I like him, on the radio he seems to know what he is talking about, but can he cut it, especially at a club whose support is the most demanding outwith the OF?  I don't know...

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Sean clare wouldn't be playing under neil mccann because he's made clear many times on radio he doesn't rate him 

In that case I’d far rather appoint a manager that  has enough confidence in themself to say that they can get the best out of the likes of Clare, otherwise we go into another round of squad overhaul.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

So if McCann gets the role of first team manager/coach and Levein returns to his DoF role, I'd like it spelt out clearly what that DoF role is and what its remit is.

For example, the DoF at Rangers just left his post the other day.  Was he pulling the strings at Ibrox?  Was he telling Gerrard how to set up his team etc?  No, I don't think he was.

Did Levein do this when Neilson and Cathro were in charge?  Again, no I don't think so, I'm sure he gave advice if asked, but the speculation and innuendo in the media was that he was essentially running the show.

As it stands now, Levein has little left in the bank with the fans, many wanting a clean break.  If the DoF role is clarified, publically, perhaps that can go some way to placating an angry support?

As for McCann as manager, hmm...I like him, on the radio he seems to know what he is talking about, but can he cut it, especially at a club whose support is the most demanding outwith the OF?  I don't know...

What didn’t help with the accusations of interference from Levein was him entering the dressing room at Pittodrie and passing notes down from the stand.

I get that it’s Hearts and Levein and the media will always be angling for that particular story but he didn’t help matters at times.

IMO.

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

In that case I’d far rather appoint a manager that  has enough confidence in themself to say that they can get the best out of the likes of Clare, otherwise we go into another round of squad overhaul.

Harry Potter couldn’t get the best out of him. 

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Sean clare wouldn't be playing under neil mccann because he's made clear many times on radio he doesn't rate him 

That's enough for me, get him in pronto.

7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Even though everything has shown that when he was DoF he did not interfere with the first team management? I think Levein will go back to being there to help if the head coach needs but not interfering. 

McCann is a questionable one, Dundee role started well but fell away. Perhaps McCann will be there till the end of the season allowing the long term change behind the scenes over the season and ultimately allow for the right manager long term to be appointed in the summer.

He would be on the board though so would still have input into the first team at board level.