• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• sadj

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sincerely hope you're wrong but if not, good luck to him.

Of more interest to me is that levein leaves the building completely.

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

If this is true then it screams that Levein goes back to DOF and remains on the board, maintaining a say in first team matters. Totally unacceptable if true.

My thoughts exactly, if true how long a contract will he be given????

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Mort said:

If this is true then it screams that Levein goes back to DOF and remains on the board, maintaining a say in first team matters. Totally unacceptable if true.

Even though everything has shown that when he was DoF he did not interfere with the first team management? I think Levein will go back to being there to help if the head coach needs but not interfering. 

McCann is a questionable one, Dundee role started well but fell away. Perhaps McCann will be there till the end of the season allowing the long term change behind the scenes over the season and ultimately allow for the right manager long term to be appointed in the summer.

Tynecastlesmychurch

If this is true this is incredibly disappointing. And I'd like to know who looked at him and thought he's the man to lead us to top 4. Or more pressingly who thought that he's the man to lead us out of the relegation zone. 

8 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Can't see this being true, what would be the point?  Be better just giving the job to one of our current coaches.

Andy Kirk ? 

ToadKiller Dog

If Levein ain't Leving and going up stairs instead ,then we will need somebody who can work with him but strong enough to tell him no .

McCann might be capable of that .

Not really what I want and wont appease a large minority of the support ,but if it happens as ever gets my initial support .

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
19 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Big move, sort of big moves Ann Budge likes.

Happy if so. A young energetic manager, hopefully he can instill the same thing into our team

Big move aye? :laugh2:

I’ve been told this is true from several different sources that I trust, so it’s not just a facebook rumour. I didn’t think it would go down well with a lot of fans but the change is probably about to be made and he could do with our backing. I sincerely hope he gets it, although uniting the Hearts support is like farting against thunder just now. 

Levein going back to DoF role. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Next head coach next week regardless of the derby.  Done deal today: 

Haha Hahahaha Hahahaha... Do one, chief. 

22 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’ve been told this is true from several different sources that I trust, so it’s not just a facebook rumour. I didn’t think it would go down well with a lot of fans but the change is probably about to be made and he could do with our backing. I sincerely hope he gets it, although uniting the Hearts support is like farting against thunder just now. 

Levein going back to DoF role. 

Absolute nightmare imo.  Your wish of unity is forlorn.  Two dreadful decisions if correct.

But if it comes to pass we can only hope it's successful, however unlikely.

23 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Presume the back room staff staying then too?

I asked but never got an answer. Personally they can all go for me but the signing of Meshino might well save McPhee. Think the Daly and Fox experiment has failed miserably, though. 

I hope this is not true.   Would probably mean Levein still as DoF, and the same backroom and coaching staff, so more of the same.  

Totally pointless move.   

Wouldn’t be surprised - Strikes me as an intelligent guy from comments on radio - most probably be able to see the obvious changes needed in tactics and selection.

This Neil McCann thing won't go away 

I'd take him. I'd take anyone over Craig Levein 

Worth a punt 

He doesn't rate Sean Clare either 

Whats not to like 

I would accept this, he at least tried to play attacking football at Dundee. Hopefully with better players at his disposal he can do the necessary. 

Edited by EH22-Jambo

This would be a depressing appointment. I'm also going to be really controversial here. I don't like McCann's manner and can't bear listening to him.

Said last week. He’s the only “pundit” who has consistently refused to put the boot in about Levein. Terrible appointment if true. Family member has let the cat out of the bag apparently. 

Wouldn't see it as a good appointment. For his sake, he shouldn't take it either. He'd be right up against and should it not work straight away he'd be hounded by the fans.

We need an experienced manager.

chester copperpot

I am meeting with someone who knows McCann very very well this morning. I will ask if there's any substance to this rumour today and report back.