Stroke

The White Cockade

The White Cockade
36 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Im on 10mg of Lisinopril for blood pressure and atorvastatin to lower cholesterol which was 7.8, were you 

given any indication to what your blood pressure was as im now worried about getting mine checked again.

i'm on ramipril for blood pressure

also atorvastatin same as you

aspirin for 2 weeks then something else

Wife bought a blood pressure reader from Boots so checking it couple of times a day

currently the lowest it's been in 3 years so hopefully heading in right direction

If I was you i'd get one then you can keep a close eye on it

All roads lead to Gorgie

My late mother had a few mini strokes over a period of years which only seemed to affect her speech for a short time. Thankfully other folk were around her each time and were able to get medical help quickly. She lived happily on medication to thin the blood and lower blood pressure and it was usually after illnesses the strokes happened. Sometimes she had already recovered before the ambulance arrived.

My blood pressure was quite high once when it was tested so now I watch my salt intake and try to have porridge or other oat cereals every day which are said to thin the blood and keep the pressure down a bit.

Diet might be the key to prevent strokes so worth trying.

45 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Wife bought a blood pressure reader from Boots so checking it couple of times a day

currently the lowest it's been in 3 years so hopefully heading in right direction

Thanks for the reply, ive also cut out salt, .

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Thanks for the reply, ive also cut out salt, .

Good idea.  I’ve never had a stroke thankfully but did have high blood pressure. When I was diagnosed with that my dic painted a very bleak picture of increased risk of heart attack and Stroke. Thanks to that I lost a lot of weight ( went from 40 inch waist to 34 ( with a lot of help from FFIT at Tynecastle ) and started exercise again. My blood pressure dropped to normal and I eventually came off the tablets. 

Put on a bit again, since I retired two years ago, so need to up my game a bit. 😄

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Good idea.  I’ve never had a stroke thankfully but did have high blood pressure. When I was diagnosed with that my dic painted a very bleak picture of increased risk of heart attack and Stroke. Thanks to that I lost a lot of weight ( went from 40 inch waist to 34 ( with a lot of help from FFIT at Tynecastle ) and started exercise again. My blood pressure dropped to normal and I eventually came off the tablets. 

Put on a bit again, since I retired two years ago, so need to up my game a bit. 😄

Well done on the weight loss Dave, 

3 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

You are lucky with the blood pressure reader I bought one and could not get it to work I had a reading that was so high it should have blown the top of my head off. Was at the doctor for a check up and she told me to just go to the one s in the pharmacy and not use the other one as it was causing more stres than help.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

that is one hell of a talent dave

one key thing is getting help quickly i remember the story when it happened but the bbc have just redone the story about appie nouri who was a young ajax player (21) when he had a heart attack in a friendly. because it took 7 minutes to get a defibrillator used that has probably been a massive factor in him being brain damaged rather than making some form of recovery that he could live a normal life

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49535481