Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• CJGJ

• The Internet

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Interesting watching the Leipzig press. If only we had a few of their players...

I was thinking the same. Notice how they dont press when the spurs defence has the ball, allows there players to get into position instead of constantly running around. 

Jack Torrance
13 minutes ago, superjack said:

I was thinking the same. Notice how they dont press when the spurs defence has the ball, allows there players to get into position instead of constantly running around. 

Yeah. They're well disciplined. The whole shape and timing. Their pace and the pace of passing is a couple of levels above. If only we can get closer to that next season I think it could work well in the SPL. Maybe just dreaming.

50 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Spurs are just warming up. I’m expecting a different game in the 2nd half. 

COYS

Sadly not seen it yet. Looking very poor.

Impressed with Leipzig though, decent side.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, kila said:

How come the Man City v West Ham game is live on Sky?

Thought the knock out stages of the Champions League had a TV blackout and they only relaxed the rules for the group stages?

You can also pony up a payment,  compensation I think to UEFA partners for impinging on their night of advertising gold

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Sure I read the FA does this every year as sky/bt money is much more than the payments they make. 

Doesn't pay up here but the money down there is very different of course 

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Doesn't pay up here but the money down there is very different of course 

Noting to do with money

This match was due to be on TV when it was postponed due to the weather meaning they can show it live even on a champions league night

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Noting to do with money

This match was due to be on TV when it was postponed due to the weather meaning they can show it live even on a champions league night

Not true,  they were showing FAcup replays that were scheduled afterwards a couple of seasons back with early ko too.

They paid up

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not true,  they were showing FAcup replays that were scheduled afterwards a couple of seasons back with early ko too.

They paid up

However not in this case

This has nothing to do with money..it is as I have stated

Honestly it's not worth a few posts back and forward but it is simply as I have stated

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Valencia in the other game.

:vrface:

8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I just based it on Bayern Munich beating Spurs 2-7 in the group stages. Leipzig aren’t far off them in the Bundesliga either.

:thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

However not in this case

This has nothing to do with money..it is as I have stated

Honestly it's not worth a few posts back and forward but it is simply as I have stated

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35693501

This was the first time I think they paid up.

Funnily enough St Johnstone and Hearts launched the complaint when the English ignored the rules in 2012.

Sanctions occurred and agreement was made 4 years on to resolve. 

Cash is king

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:vrface:

:thumbsup:

Was going to bet Leipzig / BTTS over 2.5 Atalanta v Valencia ... didn’t bet it of course!

Wee Leipzig / Atletico double would have been nice!

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Was going to bet Leipzig / BTTS over 2.5 Atalanta v Valencia ... didn’t bet it of course!

Wee Leipzig / Atletico double would have been nice!

See the Europa League games tomorrow?

PM me your feckin predictions will you?

:lol: 

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

See the Europa League games tomorrow?

PM me your feckin predictions will you?

Man U and Rangers jump out as well priced to win. Totally depends which players Man U play and which Rangers turn up. Alfredo Morelos under VAR could be interesting!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, kila said:

How come the Man City v West Ham game is live on Sky?

Thought the knock out stages of the Champions League had a TV blackout and they only relaxed the rules for the group stages?

A0A1F78A-05C6-46F9-9DC1-4EDAA4A0AD01.png

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

Sure I read the FA does this every year as sky/bt money is much more than the payments they make. 

I think they paid fines in the past, about £1-2m that comes out of England’s European TV money that’s then shared. The SFA don’t do it because it’s basically taking the same amount of money off Celtic and sometimes Rangers.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Yeah. They're well disciplined. The whole shape and timing. Their pace and the pace of passing is a couple of levels above. If only we can get closer to that next season I think it could work well in the SPL. Maybe just dreaming.

Absolutely, great to watch and that’s two German teams that press who have destroyed Spurs, and both their defensive minded managers, at home this season.

Barcelona's emergency striker signing is Martin Braithwaite who was at Middlesbrough in the championship last season. £15million.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think they paid fines in the past, about £1-2m that comes out of England’s European TV money that’s then shared. The SFA don’t do it because it’s basically taking the same amount of money off Celtic and sometimes Rangers.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/uefa-champions-league/story/3077278/premier-league-says-man-city-stoke-champions-league-conflict-unavoidable

I understood it the way you have. Cant find anything that is crystal clear, other than you are permitted to play matches on those nights.

From what I have heard from this weeks replays, nothing was permitted to be shown, even via club sites to foreign subscribers.

English league games are on the red button on Sky on CL nights, no idea how they have got around it, but cant believe it is not financial, if it weren't then surely there would be no restriction on Scottish Cup replays.

Interesting though when you look harder things set to change legally, the 3pm blackout for instance is about to break under pressure

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/saturday-3pm-blackout-rules-analysis-fa-cup-gambling-1377351

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/uefa-champions-league/story/3077278/premier-league-says-man-city-stoke-champions-league-conflict-unavoidable

I understood it the way you have. Cant find anything that is crystal clear, other than you are permitted to play matches on those nights.

From what I have heard from this weeks replays, nothing was permitted to be shown, even via club sites to foreign subscribers.

English league games are on the red button on Sky on CL nights, no idea how they have got around it, but cant believe it is not financial, if it weren't then surely there would be no restriction on Scottish Cup replays.

Interesting though when you look harder things set to change legally, the 3pm blackout for instance is about to break under pressure

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/saturday-3pm-blackout-rules-analysis-fa-cup-gambling-1377351

I can’t seem to paste stuff just now, I saw a document that says as long as it’s unavoidable it’s ok but doesn’t mention live games. It would be interesting if it was the ugliest that had a replay against each other if the SFA would let it be televised.

718710A3-744C-451A-94DC-287C4B217513.png

0D9331DA-D546-48DB-84DD-FE46FDBE3403.png

F6646D3C-2263-4FC0-AAB2-267BA69DC764.png

BD5E6B09-C96C-4754-A372-E1AC9498CD46.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can’t seem to paste stuff just now, I saw a document that says as long as it’s unavoidable it’s ok but doesn’t mention live games. It would be interesting if it was the ugliest that had a replay against each other if the SFA would let it be televised.

718710A3-744C-451A-94DC-287C4B217513.png

0D9331DA-D546-48DB-84DD-FE46FDBE3403.png

F6646D3C-2263-4FC0-AAB2-267BA69DC764.png

BD5E6B09-C96C-4754-A372-E1AC9498CD46.png

I think we know the answer if it was either of the sisters 

annushorribilis III
4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

That article is dated  2017 but i think it has been modified  because  it says  -" It had been agreed there should be no domestic matches starting at the same time as any European ties" ...which hasn't been the case for some time ie there's loads of lower league games played at the same time as CL games.  For some reason i think the only exception is Premiership games (possibly because they are transmitted globally and would take audience figures from CL games). 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

That article is dated  2017 but i think it has been modified  because  it says  -" It had been agreed there should be no domestic matches starting at the same time as any European ties" ...which hasn't been the case for some time ie there's loads of lower league games played at the same time as CL games.  For some reason i think the only exception is Premiership games (possibly because they are transmitted globally and would take audience figures from CL games). 

I'm almost certain Sky shows Championship games on the red button while CL is on.

These are not rearranged games as was suggest last night as an exception. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm almost certain Sky shows Championship games on the red button while CL is on.

These are not rearranged games as was suggest last night as an exception. 

Sorry but will you just accept what you have been told

It is simple so lets try once more for you

Top flight matches (in normal circumstances) cannot be shown at the same time as a Champions League match...TOP FLIGHT !!

Championship matches are NOT TOP FLIGHT so can be shown

So once more the reason that Manchester City were on TV last night was because the match was originally due to be shown on TV but postponed due to weather...the contracts allow them to be rearranged on a champions league night after all Sky in this case would be a match short in their contractual arrangements. There was no extra money paid to show the match

I hope this settles it once and for all

Lord Beni of Gorgie
35 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but will you just accept what you have been told

It is simple so lets try once more for you

Top flight matches (in normal circumstances) cannot be shown at the same time as a Champions League match...TOP FLIGHT !!

Championship matches are NOT TOP FLIGHT so can be shown

So once more the reason that Manchester City were on TV last night was because the match was originally due to be shown on TV but postponed due to weather...the contracts allow them to be rearranged on a champions league night after all Sky in this case would be a match short in their contractual arrangements. There was no extra money paid to show the match

I hope this settles it once and for all

It absolutely doesn't. 

Who the **** are you?  :rofl:

Sorry,  I don't accept the random wittering of an internet warrior. 

There's plenty of articles,  not one of which mentions your pish. 

Hope this clarifies my position  👍

Edited by Sir Gio

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, kila said:

I wish I had never asked the ****ing question now

Scottish Cup games are not top flight games. 

Hard to find a definite answer. Certainly before the original agreement ended in 2017 I think it was, English FA paid the fines.

Since then hard to see anything more official than restrictions had been relaxed. 

English did manage to gain dispensation for FA Cup replays,  but again little clarity what that was. One stipulation was games had to conclude 30 minutes at least before Champions League games did.

What the Scottish situation is anyone's guess,  but we don't have at least appeared to look for dispensation. 

What I did come across,  3pm blackout at least in England is going to come under pressure. 

Sorry for the bother :)

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

Yeah there’s a new one, games are allowed as long as its unavoidable.

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Scottish Cup games are not top flight games. 

Hard to find a definite answer. Certainly before the original agreement ended in 2017 I think it was, English FA paid the fines.

Since then hard to see anything more official than restrictions had been relaxed. 

English did manage to gain dispensation for FA Cup replays,  but again little clarity what that was. One stipulation was games had to conclude 30 minutes at least before Champions League games did.

What the Scottish situation is anyone's guess,  but we don't have at least appeared to look for dispensation. 

What I did come across,  3pm blackout at least in England is going to come under pressure. 

Sorry for the bother :)

The pictures I put up there are from this official document.

76AE9D4C-472E-4A75-BEDB-3904DCF7052C.png

Tuesday 25th February 2020

Chelsea v Bayern Munich

Napoli v Barcelona

Wednesday 26th February 2020

Lyon v Juventus

Real Madrid v Manchester City

I’m going for wins for Munich, Juventus and Madrid with a draw in the Napoli game.

Bayern Munich to win, Napoli and Barcelona to draw..this should be an excellent tie but injuries on both sides and both on form

Juventus to win, Real Madrid to win by the odd goal but City to get an away goal

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Gattuso has taken the idea of parking the bus and went to the extreme. Parked the bus and then set it on fire and slashed the tyres. 

Bloody hell its working though. They’ve just scored a peach. 

Perth to Paisley

Listening to the ht comments on BT about Napoli v Barca...they just dont get that excellent defending is part of the game!

2 out of 2 on the acca so far

Looking forward to tomorrow night ..................….and as a bonus it would be *** if Rangers had an injury crisis after their Europa League tie tomorrow

Great atmosphere in Madrid...they know City are a challenge and are up for this

Juventus need to handle the mantra of favourites for their tie

Got an acca running and got the double up last night 

24 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Great atmosphere in Madrid...they know City are a challenge and are up for this

Juventus need to handle the mantra of favourites for their tie

Got an acca running and got the double up last night 

Nice one 👍 what was the double last night and what's your acca for tonight? 

Just now, franko1874 said:

Nice one 👍 what was the double last night and what's your acca for tonight? 

Bayern to win and a draw between Napoli and Barcelona

as above in acca with Madrid to win and Juventus to win

Just now, CJGJ said:

Bayern to win and a draw between Napoli and Barcelona

as above in acca with Madrid to win and Juventus to win

Good luck tonight. 

I've gone for a treble of, 

Madrid and btts 

Juve and btts 

Sheff Wed and btts 

Not looking great so far