Champions League 2019/20

kila

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, farin said:

They'll be hurting bad after that, totally outclassed. 

Wonderful to watch, it should’ve been ten.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• CJGJ

• The Internet

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, farin said:

Bayern rag dolled spurs tonight, some stadium though. The shots of the outside looked fantastic. 

Probably not quite what they were thinking. 

Funny though that after that Spurs are still in the tournament. 

The Internet
7 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Growing number of young players leaving England to get some games. Gnabry's rise is unexpected though, he's absolutely brilliant. 9 goals in 10 caps for Germany. 

Spurs can be classed as under achievers throwing money at everything, last night was an eye opener a total football show. the EPL is an elite hyped up over priced junkshop, Bundesliga sides play entertaining football backed by passionate supports. That was excellent especially pleasing to see them shown up at the highest level.

Oh what a beautiful morning

Edited by shed1874

Spurs the first English team to concede 7 goals in a European tie.

Wonder what the British stat equivalent looks like 😉😉😉...

19 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

Spurs can be classed as under achievers throwing money at everything, last night was an eye opener a total football show. the EPL is an elite hyped up over priced junkshop, Bundesliga sides play entertaining football backed by passionate supports. That was excellent especially pleasing to see them shown up at the highest level.

Oh what a beautiful morning

In fairness to the EPl; Bayern have easily spent as much as Spurs on players in the last couple of years. They're a team in disarray at the moment and their results don't really tell you much about the rest of the league.

Did Man City vs Shalke last year show up the Bundesliga as being an over priced junkshop?

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

In fairness to the EPl; Bayern have easily spent as much as Spurs on players in the last couple of years. They're a team in disarray at the moment and their results don't really tell you much about the rest of the league.

Did Man City vs Shalke last year show up the Bundesliga as being an over priced junkshop?

If you believe the EPL is entertaining compared to the Bundesliga anything said is meaningless. I Agree there are sides Liverpool Man city who can stand up to many European sides.

My point was more related to the football played. Learn a lot more watching German football than EPl

2 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

If you believe the EPL is entertaining compared to the Bundesliga anything said is meaningless. I Agree there are sides Liverpool Man city who can stand up to many European sides.

My point was more related to the football played. Learn a lot more watching German football than EPl

You're point seemed to largely focus on money. All I was saying is that part is really true given the teams involved. On a whole, I agree that Bundesliga has more entertaining football played but as a league it's had the same winner 7 years on the bounce, so yeh, I'd say the EPL is more entertaining than Bundesliga. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

You're point seemed to largely focus on money. All I was saying is that part is really true given the teams involved. On a whole, I agree that Bundesliga has more entertaining football played but as a league it's had the same winner 7 years on the bounce, so yeh, I'd say the EPL is more entertaining than Bundesliga. 

My point was more based on the over priced predictable product wasting money paying for dead end football. As a football fan the bundesligas offer a product for the support who easily beat anything on offer in England. The EPL is a money shredder nothing more causing major financial struggles throughout the leagues forcing clubs into the wall playing catch up. Your a fan of English football you regard it as the best, I blame it on the TV broadcasters brainwashing the deluded Scottish fan base who have to watch eye bleeding football due to the lack of a similar level of financial injections. Anyways more riddles from me

Hearts are the only side I support, as a young lad I had a thing for west ham but that was a blip.

I appreciate the EPL has major sides in it but it's plagued with absolute dross football 

37 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Bayern won't win the competition.

Did you predict Liverpool would win it last season , if you go by them defeated in the final 2018 . Then winning the 2019 final says 2020 is Tottenham's year ?

I see a Liverpool final v whoever as Klopp who happens to be German can match anyone out there when it comes to winning with a smile and a wee riddle to enjoy. 

If Hearts could play in any other league for the qaulity of football and atmosphere , I would choose the Bundesliga or Argentina the type of class I appreciate and kids out there can learn from.

Edited by shed1874

Brighton Jambo
29 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

My point was more based on the over priced predictable product wasting money paying for dead end football. As a football fan the bundesligas offer a product for the support who easily beat anything on offer in England. The EPL is a money shredder nothing more causing major financial struggles throughout the leagues forcing clubs into the wall playing catch up. Your a fan of English football you regard it as the best, I blame it on the TV broadcasters brainwashing the deluded Scottish fan base who have to watch eye bleeding football due to the lack of a similar level of financial injections. Anyways more riddles from me

Hearts are the only side I support, as a young lad I had a thing for west ham but that was a blip.

I appreciate the EPL has major sides in it but it's plagued with absolute dross football 

Have can you level predictable at the EPL when advocating the Bundasliga?!  One league has had the same team win for 7 years in a row and the other has just had the same team win it for two years in a row for the first time in a decade.

as always with entertainment the truth is somewhere in the middle of what you say.  There are some sensational games in the EPL and there is some dross.  But it’s the exact same in the Bundasliga.  Great games and also some dross.  

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Have can you level predictable at the EPL when advocating the Bundasliga?!  One league has had the same team win for 7 years in a row and the other has just had the same team win it for two years in a row for the first time in a decade.

as always with entertainment the truth is somewhere in the middle of what you say.  There are some sensational games in the EPL and there is some dross.  But it’s the exact same in the Bundasliga.  Great games and also some dross.  

As you will know 1-2 sides dominate most leagues at any level. I'm on about the fans experience involvement paying for guff over hyped football. The EPL the EC are money bag parachutes. The Bundesliga has a full on fan assisted / funded system that Hearts are a double of we lead the way in the UK about to be members of a unique group of clubs who's fans have a deeper involvement in the boardroom.

Last night my kids watched the game. Not Roblox tiktoc likee.

Shocker they had the ball out the back for ages had to drag them in.

Spurs are the  scummiest football club in England. They have swapped integrity for a soulless, cashless stadium packed full of tourists, day trippers and middle aged chavs. 7-2 wankers

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Spurs are the  scummiest football club in England. They have swapped integrity for a soulless, cashless stadium packed full of tourists, day trippers and middle aged chavs. 7-2 wankers

You have just described the English Premiership there. The man U v Arsenal game the other night was shite. Both teams have regressed and the whole buzz of the game gone.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Have they taken over from Man Utd?

12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Have they taken over from Man Utd?

Another club struggling to match Klopp who has ressurected transformed a European great, giving the KOP its soul back.

Hearts were unlucky against the former Liverpool, got mugged off bale at tynie had a go at white heart lane . Look we have a chance to learn something about standards Klopp knows failure as a friend to learn from. Will Tottenham teach us anything other than they have under achieved,  in football anything is possible I don't  think Tottenham will teach any of us anything. Liverpool Man city  Wolves teach us there's hope.

Edited by shed1874

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Or did the Champions League and Europa League finals just 4 months ago? 

EPL is suddenly rubbish. 

1 hour ago, shed1874 said:

German football has its merits

But its worse than Scotland for its competition 

Bayern are Rangers and Celtic combined. 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Spurs Manager should be sacked. 

Could have avoided all this if Man Utd had made the right choice.

Although maybe they have dodged a bullet. 

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

Another club struggling to match Klopp who has ressurected transformed a European great, giving the KOP its soul back.

Hearts were unlucky against the former Liverpool, got mugged off bale at tynie had a go at white heart lane . Look we have a chance to learn something about standards Klopp knows failure as a friend to learn from. Will Tottenham teach us anything other than they have under achieved,  in football anything is possible I don't  think Tottenham will teach any of us anything. Liverpool Man city  Wolves teach us there's hope.

Fair comment.

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Spurs the first English team to concede 7 goals in a European tie.

Wonder what the British stat equivalent looks like 😉😉😉...

I was thinking that this morning, Spurs and Hibs have a lot in common in their respective leagues, both absolute bottle merchants and under achievers, there's giant rifts in the Spurs dressing room just now apparently too with Erikson's missus being rather generous to Jan Vertonghen (allegedly), and quite a few of them wanting away. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Watched Leeds United and West Bromwich Albion, cracking game of football, brimming with atmosphere, strong challenges, heart on sleeve stuff. Interestingly, Tony Pulis was the guest pundit.

Might watch Liverpool tonight though, reckon there could be quite a few goals, expect them to prevail, but without having it all their own way.

Don't find the CL has any real oomph at this stage, though that is a signature result for Spurs, looks as if the manager and the players have a bit of a malaise going on. Happens to the best I suppose :)

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Watched Leeds United and West Bromwich Albion, cracking game of football, brimming with atmosphere, strong challenges, heart on sleeve stuff. Interestingly, Tony Pulis was the guest pundit.

Might watch Liverpool tonight though, reckon there could be quite a few goals, expect them to prevail, but without having it all their own way.

Don't find the CL has any real oomph at this stage, though that is a signature result for Spurs, looks as if the manager and the players have a bit of a malaise going on. Happens to the best I suppose :)

Seems Humping and Tottenham is a pattern, players raging they didn't get their shot in open legs oops play caused a rift. 

Interesting 

Edited by shed1874

Shooter McGavin

English teams getting papped in the Champions League will always make me happy.

The EPL is obviously an very good league but the media frenzy, mainly from Sky, surrounding it is nauseating. 

22 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I was thinking that this morning, Spurs and Hibs have a lot in common in their respective leagues, both absolute bottle merchants and under achievers, there's giant rifts in the Spurs dressing room just now apparently too with Erikson's missus Boeing rather generous to Jan Vertonghen (allegedly), and quite a few of them wanting a shot

Hmmm a very expensive Elite EPL STD , I want one please 

Edited by shed1874

42 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I was thinking that this morning, Spurs and Hibs have a lot in common in their respective leagues, both absolute bottle merchants and under achievers, there's giant rifts in the Spurs dressing room just now apparently too with Erikson's missus being rather generous to Jan Vertonghen (allegedly), and quite a few of them wanting away. 

I’m not sure the late, great Dave Mackay would agree with your sentiment. 

The Old Tolbooth
34 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

Hmmm a very expensive Elite EPL STD , I want one please 

What? From Vertonghen? :D 

The Old Tolbooth
11 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m not sure the late, great Dave Mackay would agree with your sentiment. 

He probably wouldn't, but they used to win things when they had a Jambo there ;) 

Ballitojambo

Great game for the neutral, Bayerns finishing, wow, you don't see that to often, don't think it announces the demise of the EPL in Europe, not with Liverpool and City around, but here's hoping it will shut up that  continuous greatest league in the world crap for at least one weekend.

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

What? From Vertonghen? :D 

Hiya Sherlock

Why not it's 2019

Chase me 

I'm Free available on a 4 year deal

Add

Lovely words too XXX

9 minutes ago, Ballitojambo said:

Great game for the neutral, Bayerns finishing, wow, you don't see that to often, don't think it announces the demise of the EPL in Europe, not with Liverpool and City around, but here's hoping it will shut up that  continuous greatest league in the world crap for at least one weekend.

The people's football wins against the indebted in my opinion, the way you use resources not how much their worth. Its like anything ' expensive' it's worth the highest bid creating an over exaggerated value economy , I was going to use ' false'.

I'm not going to lie about the fact I'm an addict for fine football I choke on the fact we are in need of a clear out, if I was fortunate to be part of a second bid part control of my beloved HMFC 1874 I would bring a set up worth singing about.

My two youngest have football blooded into them by me as a form of art in fact without art our life's would be dull. I don't know if opening up here about my experiences in football or plain competition, I'm in it to compete win be a success.

So here's the crutch grab.. 

Wait it's worth it

I think, the way football at the top level is played these days by the majority of clubs, the focus is on attacking and getting forward so results like this are always possible when one team just loses the plot and the other just keeps going.

A few years ago i reckon the game would have wound down to a 4-2 win, possible 5-2 at most, with Bayern knocking it about for 20 minutes. That doesn't seem to be the way these days, and football is all the better for it.

Bayern are the old firm of Germany.

They plunder the German league the same way the old firm do ours.

By all means like German football but this shower are #####.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

English teams getting papped in the Champions League will always make me happy.

The EPL is obviously an very good league but the media frenzy, mainly from Sky, surrounding it is nauseating. 

They have a product though, that people want worldwide. If only we had something to sell , at a decent price 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I’ve called them London Hibs for years, all talk but rarely achieve anything of note. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, shed1874 said:

The people's football wins against the indebted in my opinion, the way you use resources not how much their worth. Its like anything ' expensive' it's worth the highest bid creating an over exaggerated value economy , I was going to use ' false'.

I'm not going to lie about the fact I'm an addict for fine football I choke on the fact we are in need of a clear out, if I was fortunate to be part of a second bid part control of my beloved HMFC 1874 I would bring a set up worth singing about.

My two youngest have football blooded into them by me as a form of art in fact without art our life's would be dull. I don't know if opening up here about my experiences in football or plain competition, I'm in it to compete win be a success.

So here's the crutch grab.. 

Wait it's worth it

Great post.

Tuesday 2nd October 2019

Liverpool v Red Bull Salzburg 

Barcelona v Inter Milan

Lille v Chelsea

Valencia v Ajax

KRC Genk v Napoli

Slavia Prague v Borussia Dortmund

RB Leipzig v Lyon

Zenit St Petersburg v Benfica

I'm going for wins for Liverpool, Barca, Lille, Ajax, Napoli and Lyon with draws in the Prague and Benfica games.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Tuesday 2nd October 2019

Liverpool v Red Bull Salzburg 

Barcelona v Inter Milan

Lille v Chelsea

Valencia v Ajax

KRC Genk v Napoli

Slavia Prague v Borussia Dortmund

RB Leipzig v Lyon

Zenit St Petersburg v Benfica

I'm going for wins for Liverpool, Barca, Lille, Ajax, Napoli and Lyon with draws in the Prague and Benfica games.

Wednesday even 😜

Some terrific goals already

Liverpool's first 2 were excellent including one from Andy Robertson

Ajax scored a great first goal..fantastic strike

Inter ahead at Barcelona

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

I see an upset in this one. 2-1 inter

Bang on so far, Conte doing a fantastic job so far.