• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• shaun.lawson

• Maroon Sailor

• ri Alban

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Correct. They've been brilliant. I don't know what it is about Japanese team sport - but in football, both men's and women's, they are so, so creative, inventive, clever. Rugby has a new power. It's a joy to watch (unless you're either Scottish... or South African). 

I agree totally. As McGeechan said there, they are so accurate passing wise that you rarely see the ball. How do you beat that, and with that crowd. Japan wouldn't be a bad bet for the title 

It's been all Japan after the Scotland try. They're going to deservedly be the ones going through to the quarters. I don't mind that tbh, it's good to see another team going through against the usual suspects. And Scotland just haven't been good enough, beat up on the wee teams then fall apart when they play a good team.

Edited by PortyJambo

15 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Sake

Alcohol free drinks only in the stadium today.

I should have read the thread before posting, hate telling the same joke 6th.

Anyway, Meshino is getting booooed next week.

Edited by graygo

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Japan look awfy awfy good!!

Can they go all the way??

That's a relief. I thought I was going crazy when I found myself wondering that too. 

Answer: no. But keep playing like this, and their QF next weekend's gonna be incredible. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Japan have nailed the fast dynamic game that Townsend said he wanted Scotland to play. The difference is they have the physicality to win the ball at break down and go through tackles. We are weak in both these aspects and look frightened to take hits. Kicking before the contact seems our go to place at times!

joondalupjambo

My 91 year old has just phoned me asking if I am watching the game.  She said the J***s, you need to forgive her she is very old, are over running our defences far too easily.  She said it is like Burma and Singapore all over again. What are these old non-politically correct folk like😃😃😃

Edited by joondalupjambo

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Japan have nailed the fast dynamic game that Townsend said he wanted Scotland to play. The difference is they have the physicality to win the ball at break down and go through tackles. We are weak in both these aspects and look frightened to take hits. Kicking before the contact seems our go to place at times!

Drop goals wouldnt be a bad idea possibly

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Drop goals wouldnt be a bad idea possibly

We need to get into their half for that to work. I can see fifty points looming for Japan now.

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, mutley said:

8 teams in the world take rugby seriously. Scotland 9th best, almost as bad as the football team

I think the last word is key. They are playing like a team, we aren't at all

3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

We need to get into their half for that to work. I can see fifty points looming for Japan now.

Need to keep the ball a bit longer.

41 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

We're just crap at everything. 

We're no even the top country in the world shinty rankings...and we're the only ones who play it.  

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Get George Horne on, Laidlaw is too deliberate in his game. 

Done

Probably Laidlaw's last game too. 

Edited by Mikey1874

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Japan are there for the taking 

They can't defend. 2 times a player has literally stopped, doesn't matter we've still scored

All roads lead to Gorgie

We are starting to see the forwards at last and we are back in this game. Have to keep on the front foot from now on and don't slacken off for a second!

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

They can't defend. 2 times a player has literally stopped, doesn't matter we've still scored

We need to keep the ball.

22 phases from kicking ball away albeit it's tough to make territory at times without kicking. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Do we practice passing it along the line. Another one forward.  Argggh!