ri Alban

Brighton Jambo
41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Exhibit A

English arrogance 

Well done 

Who mentioned England?  Yeah thought not but because I am English and you know it I am not allowed to make a point about any other team.  Xenophobic behaviour at is finest.  

If that had been any other poster you wouldn’t have posted that as you couldn’t have know they were English.

do me a favour and stick me on ignore so I don’t have to be subjected to your xenophobic bias.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• shaun.lawson

• Maroon Sailor

• ri Alban

14 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

What is your problem with me?  Isn’t there rules against stalking people across multiple threads?

1- my post was clearly referring to performance in world cups, I have no issue with their performance in six nations

2- who mentioned England?  I didn’t? You don’t see scotland or Ireland who have comparable populations shouting their mouth off before every tournament and Ireland went into this as world number one team.  

You're English and you accused Wales of being "delusional". They were contenders being a penalty the other way from the final. 

When you talk shite people will respond. I can put you on ignore if you would prefer. 

But you should put me on ignore if you can't handle what I say which it is clear you can't.

Weakling. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

You're English and you accused Wales of being "delusional". They were contenders being a penalty the other way from the final. 

When you talk shite people will respond. I can put you on ignore if you would prefer. 

The Welsh are delusional, their press before the tournament were openly stating they thought only the all blacks had a more realistic chance of winning the tournament that them.  Yet they have played crap and not reached the final again.  In fact they have never reached a final.  

When the English media build England up and they don’t perform you will be one the first to slam them for their arrogance and delusions of grandeur.  Yet when I do the same for Wales, without mentioning England, you have a go.

you didn’t see the Irish media giving it the big hype and they beat the all blacks twice and were worlds number one team.  You don’t see Brian O’driscoll shouting his mouth off like Jonathan Davies?

one rule for one English people and one for every one else.  But as I said that’s because you are xenophobic and have a deep seated and all too obvious dislike of the English. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This post might seem harsh but the welsh are always so delusional about their abilities and never get called out for it. 

Before the tournament they were talking about being genuine World Cup contenders and they have been shite.  

In the groups the scraped past a crap Australia, they were lucky to beat a French team that by the own admission are focusing on the next World Cup and then lost to an average attritional SA.  Now they have been battered by the all blacks. Every time they give it the big chat but never deliver.  

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Exhibit A

English arrogance 

Well done 

I read BJ's post without noticing who'd written it and thought, "this is an accurate post" (a point echoed by a couple of ex-pat Welsh pals who I talk rugby with a lot).

Then, thanks to Mikey, I saw that it had been written by an Englishman and, so, is nothing but arrogant twaddle. 

Glad I was put right!

Brighton Jambo
39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But you should put me on ignore if you can't handle what I say which it is clear you can't.

Weakling. 

I have openly admitted to being a conservative voter and English and give as good as I get.  Weakling, hardly!  But I take genuine offence to your xenophobic comments and I’m pleased to see other posters have called it out too.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

On 28/10/2019 at 07:38, Brighton Jambo said:

patronising, condescending, massively over indulgent

literally unbearable.  

On 28/10/2019 at 07:41, Brighton Jambo said:

He is so annoying

3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

the welsh are always so delusional

What is your problem with me?  Isn’t there rules against stalking people across multiple threads?

because I am English and you know it I am not allowed to make a point about any other team. Xenophobic behaviour at is finest.  

do me a favour and stick me on ignore so I don’t have to be subjected to your xenophobic bias.

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

one rule for one English people and one for every one else.  But as I said that’s because you are xenophobic and have a deep seated and all too obvious dislike of the English. 

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I have openly admitted to being a conservative voter

Saying nothing. :whistling: 

willie wallace
5 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This post might seem harsh but the welsh are always so delusional about their abilities and never get called out for it. 

Before the tournament they were talking about being genuine World Cup contenders and they have been shite.  

In the groups the scraped past a crap Australia, they were lucky to beat a French team that by the own admission are focusing on the next World Cup and then lost to an average attritional SA.  Now they have been battered by the all blacks. Every time they give it the big chat but never deliver.  

Attritional SA may be at times but how can you call them average.They are in the final of the world cup and this season they thrashed Australia and drew with the All Blacks in New Zealand.

Don't forget England have played a game less than the other clubs More time to prepare and less injuries especially considering the missed game was against France.

SA also have their most attacking and exciting player in Cheslin Kolbe back after missing the Wales game and hopefully they open up a bit but remember it is a cup final

Don't get me wrong England are a good team and after the NZ result are deserved favourites.

On the other hand SA only win the world cup every 12 years.

1995(against the invincibles)2007 and hopefully 😃......

A wee insight to how the other side see it

SA rugby magazine's pre final prediction poll stands at 89% Springboks to win.

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, willie wallace said:

Attritional SA may be at times but how can you call them average.They are in the final of the world cup and this season they thrashed Australia and drew with the All Blacks in New Zealand.

Don't forget England have played a game less than the other clubs More time to prepare and less injuries especially considering the missed game was against France.

SA also have their most attacking and exciting player in Cheslin Kolbe back after missing the Wales game and hopefully they open up a bit but remember it is a cup final

Don't get me wrong England are a good team and after the NZ result are deserved favourites.

On the other hand SA only win the world cup every 12 years.

1995(against the invincibles)2007 and hopefully 😃......

A wee insight to how the other side see it

I was meaning more they were average in the semi final, that was definitely not SA at their best on Sunday. 

I think there is a massive danger of England underestimating SA tomorrow given, as you say, the results SA have had this year.  On their day they can beat literally any team in the world.  

willie wallace
4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I was meaning more they were average in the semi final, that was definitely not SA at their best on Sunday. 

I think there is a massive danger of England underestimating SA tomorrow given, as you say, the results SA have had this year.  On their day they can beat literally any team in the world.  

Fair enough.SA have always relied on a forward dominated game much like England did for a long time and I suppose most teams do.

Every so often you get a class set of backs that help you win trophies.

SA bench has a 6-2 split in forwards to backs😃

5 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I have openly admitted to being a conservative voter and English and give as good as I get.  Weakling, hardly!  But I take genuine offence to your xenophobic comments and I’m pleased to see other posters have called it out too.  

You'll have to quote my so called xenophobic comments. I am one of the people who have stood up for the Labour Party so I suppose that is what you mean which is pretty ignorant.

You are risking legal action against you making an accusation like that. I'll have to consider that. 

But I do apologise for overly aggressive responses to some of your comments. You are a good poster who engages well and puts forward interesting discussions. 

Been in England this year.

Been in South Africa this year.

Since I enjoyed my time in Cape Town much more than my time in Heathrow it's a - let's hope I don't jinx 'em - go Bokke from me.

Brighton Jambo
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You'll have to quote my so called xenophobic comments. I am one of the people who have stood up for the Labour Party so I suppose that is what you mean which is pretty ignorant.

You are risking legal action against you making an accusation like that. I'll have to consider that. 

But I do apologise for overly aggressive responses to some of your comments. You are a good poster who engages well and puts forward interesting discussions. 

It’s cool I don’t want a big row as likewise I think you are a good poster and enjoy the back and forth.  

I was just frustrated because my comments about the Welsh were genuine and not from the position as an Englishman.  Which is why I avoided any reference to England and then you projected the English’s arrogance thing onto a post that was really not trying to display that and was nothing more than an observation on the Welsh who annoy me!  

Any we both probably got a bit heated so apologies also and let’s get back to disagreeing about politics! 

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It’s cool I don’t want a big row as likewise I think you are a good poster and enjoy the back and forth.  

I was just frustrated because my comments about the Welsh were genuine and not from the position as an Englishman.  Which is why I avoided any reference to England and then you projected the English’s arrogance thing onto a post that was really not trying to display that and was nothing more than an observation on the Welsh who annoy me!  

Any we both probably got a bit heated so apologies also and let’s get back to disagreeing about politics! 

Okay. Got you now. 

Fair enough. As you might know a lot of Scots don't like Gatland and the Welsh either. 

Hopefully a great game tomorrow. 

Head of the tournament was apparently saying today the highlight of the Finals has been Japan v Scotland. 

(the game World Rugby were going to cancel until Scotland complained). 

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Extremely accurate summary of Wales and their rugby team. The most arrogant rugby nation in Northern Hemisphere and most likely all of rugby.

47 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Extremely accurate summary of Wales and their rugby team. The most arrogant rugby nation in Northern Hemisphere and most likely all of rugby.

Keep being arrogant Wales. Seems to work for them though new coach may change things somewhat.

Meantime Scotland continues to go from strength to strength. 30 years since last Grand Slam once 6 Nations starts. 20 years since last Championship. Brilliant. 

4 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Typical arrogant South Africans who do they think they are etc etc etc :mad: 

Or rather: excited because their country's about to play in a World Cup Final! :sorcerer:

Pretty much all criticism of any sporting team stops from its own public and media when it reaches a World Cup Final. It starts again if they lose - but in the build-up, everyone is together, and most will back their side publicly even if they're unsure deep down. Human nature.

My call? I'm English so please disregard it - but England in a close one, which might even go to extra time. And in the five previous finals these two nations have played, they have a grand total between them of just one try (Jason Robinson, 2003). The Springboks are played 2, won 2 in finals having scored no tries at all! So it's likely to be tense, tight, and the side which makes fewer errors will win.

Edited by shaun.lawson

Malinga the Swinga

I wouldn't mind England winning for supporter such as Brighton Jambo. There are of course other English posters on here that make me hope that the South Africans wipe the floor with England but as I have him on ignore, I won't have to concern myself with his drivel and pretend psychology about England.

Not long to go now before we find out.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Keep being arrogant Wales. Seems to work for them though new coach may change things somewhat.

Meantime Scotland continues to go from strength to strength. 30 years since last Grand Slam once 6 Nations starts. 20 years since last Championship. Brilliant. 

Never said we, Scotland, were brilliant although I live in hope that coaching from people like Richard Cockerill will improve players to a standard even GT won't be able to muck up.

Really hopeful for Edinburgh this year as they have strengthened squad very well and look good.

wales might play a brand of rugby that has got them results, but it is a depressing brand of sterile rugby that Gatland had them playing. Perhaps new coach will change things and players such as AWJ might just consider retiring from internationals along with few others so pressure on them from their public.

Same goes for Irish so nextn6 nations will be interesting.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
11 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

To be fair over the last 11 years they’ve probably earned the right to be a little arrogant, 3 grand slams, another championship and 2 WC semis. 

I wasn't too fussed if England won it, until the media have the UK playing this final with GSTQ and UFs everywhere. The whole of England are rightly excited, stop saying the whole country, you're not the EBC, Yet!

C'mon the Springboks!

As I posted earlier under the words of Jim Telfer, one of England and New Zealand pretty much should be cast iron winners every tournament. 

Player resources and finances to pick off best if South Sea islanders.

Can't see England failing today.

Edited by DETTY29

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

SA might knacker themselves early!

The team is set up for that. Six forwards on the bench so they can run themselves into the ground. 

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Get the feeling England will score a try eventually. 

Not if they keep giving away territory from kick offs! 

Captain Sausage

These commentators are brutal. 

Boy going on about how cynical South Africa we’re giving away lots of penalties when England attacked, only for Garces to tell Ford there was only one penalty :lol:

19 minutes ago, moogsy said:

Lots of stupid mistakes from England. South Africa have got this.

South Africa missed a couple of good chances. Missed touch with penalty and knock on. 

But they are dominant. 

Still all to play for of course. England just need to avoid having any more scrums. 

Edited by Mikey1874

19 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

England seem very nervous.

We are that deffo 

Their scrummaging and their desire has given us not much hope of getting a result here. South Africa are playing a Blinder and at the moment we have no answer to it 

Malinga the Swinga

South Africa have total dominance in scrums. If Coles doesn't do any better, and he will tire in mid second half, then England will struggle to turn it round as SA will replace props after 55/60 minutes and be fresher.

The defence that South Africa offer is unbelievable as England would have scored a try against almost any other country with the number of attacks they had.

If England are to win, they need to step up forwards in set pieces as difficult to win any game of rugby if you can't scrum.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

South Africa have total dominance in scrums. If Coles doesn't do any better, and he will tire in mid second half, then England will struggle to turn it round as SA will replace props after 55/60 minutes and be fresher.

The defence that South Africa offer is unbelievable as England would have scored a try against almost any other country with the number of attacks they had.

If England are to win, they need to step up forwards in set pieces as difficult to win any game of rugby if you can't scrum.

Spot on

While they may have actually only given away 'one penalty' they're playing smart (as well as strong in the tackle) realising that you're better off giving away a penalty than a try as they'll likely just kick it in such a close game. Give away pens within 5 m of your line then rely on your defence to repel before Eng inevitably knock on!

SA have unfortunately gone back to kicking when on the attack in Eng half, whereas I think they'll have success if they are more adventuresome.

Time will tell.

Bear in mind South Africa bring on better players in scrum with 20 minutes to go albeit 2 are on already for injuries.

And there is no replacement for Dan Cole. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

While they may have actually only given away 'one penalty' they're playing smart (as well as strong in the tackle) realising that you're better off giving away a penalty than a try as they'll likely just kick it in such a close game. Give away pens within 5 m of your line then rely on your defence to repel before Eng inevitably knock on!

SA have unfortunately gone back to kicking when on the attack in Eng half, whereas I think they'll have success if they are more adventuresome.

Time will tell.

They've got us exactly where they want us. They have us rattled, bruised, frustrated and forcing us to make  errors in our own half. 

I can not see past a South Africa win here. 

Try being English right now it's frustrating as **** 😂

2 minutes ago, AW1 said:

They've got us exactly where they want us. They have us rattled, bruised, frustrated and forcing us to make  errors in our own half. 

I can not see past a South Africa win here. 

Try being English right now it's frustrating as **** 😂

I wouldn't be too down-hearted tbh, if they keep pounding away inside from the ruck breakdown I think they'll score/have success.