• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• shaun.lawson

• Maroon Sailor

• ri Alban

Even if Scotland had managed to get out of the pool they'd've been heading home after this weekend for sure. Defence far too leaky to cope with either of NZ or SA.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Are folk still claiming ' it's all about the Nigel' is the greatest match official in the history of sport?

I'd have him above that complete and utter "look at me" tosser Wayne Barnes.

The referee of Wales-France, pictured after the game. A referee who:

- Rightly sent off a Frenchman, but could've sent off a Welshman, and didn't

- Missed a forward pass for Wales' winning try

- Told Wales' players "don't worry, I won't let them waste time" about France, then let Wales waste tons of time near the end

EHV1HJCU4AACjxd?format=jpg&name=small

Unbelievable.

Edited by shaun.lawson

5 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

- Told Wales' players "don't worry, I won't let them waste time" about France, then let Wales waste tons of time near the end

Unbelievable.

Mimicking the red card offence.

Scnorthedinburgh
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Warren Gatland, Shaun Edwards & Gareth Bale.

Transplant them into our teams, you'll have your answer.

The PE teacher at Whitechurch School

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Warren Gatland, Shaun Edwards & Gareth Bale.

Transplant them into our teams, you'll have your answer.

Shaun Edwards is going to France national team. 

Tough gig but they showed yesterday they have something to build on. 

12 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Unbelievable.

World Rugby have now opened an investigation into it.

Gotta say it's not the smartest move by the ref imo.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50121693

16 hours ago, Boof said:

I'd have him above that complete and utter "look at me" tosser Wayne Barnes.

Wayne Barnes has a unique scrum setup which I enjoy. 

"Nice and slow. Slowly......... gently...... lubricate..... crouch..... bind.... set" 

Paraphrasing of course. 

47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Especially when the game was won by Wales on a tight, marginal decision whereby many people say the pass for try was forward. 

No issue with a ref getting his photo taken with fans after the game per se, but to re-enact the elbow to the jaw sending-off is poor judgement from the ref, whom must have known that the photo would go viral and then open him up to all manner of questions, even if Wales had won by 20 pts he'd still face a barrage of criticism, but for Wales to have won by a single point and a hotly contested point at that, is just a major major error of judgement from the ref.

17 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

No issue with a ref getting his photo taken with fans after the game per se, but to re-enact the elbow to the jaw sending-off is poor judgement from the ref, whom must have known that the photo would go viral and then open him up to all manner of questions, even if Wales had won by 20 pts he'd still face a barrage of criticism, but for Wales to have won by a single point and a hotly contested point at that, is just a major major error of judgement from the ref.

He's been left out of the referee teams for the semi finals.

Has now apologised and agreed it was wrong. 

Semis weekend.

Think it will be a NZ, SA final but both games imo will be tight.

Jim Telfer on Radio Scotland yesterday saying that he wouldn't be surprised if England pull it off and subject to avoiding All Blacks, should be making final every RWC tournament.

Still believes in Townsend but players have to stand up but be realistic in assessments of how good they are.  He believes some of the players believe their own hype on back of good performances and don't focus enough on next one, so get beat.

I wouldn’t be surprised if England do an England and win this, then get so convinced that pretty means they’ve won the tournament and then get scudded in the final. As long as the Welsh don’t win. 

Just now, Barack said:

Have to hand it to them, England have been excellent.

New Zealand will really have to up their game in the second half. Fortunate to be only 10 points adrift.

England have been very good but they didn't turn it into points.  NZ could have believed they did ok to keep them to one 2nd minute score but that penalty score adds a huge psychological blow.    England clear favourites now.

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Commentator making it hard to have the sound on the telly! 

Why because he's English and is rightly bigging up the way England have been playing. 

Get a grip 

Bitter 

Just now, Victorian said:

England have been very good but they didn't turn it into points.  NZ could have believed they did ok to keep them to one 2nd minute score but that penalty score adds a huge psychological blow.    England clear favourites now.

Yes... well, almost. I'm very anxious about the chances we've missed; just small things, inches here and there. Those had the feeling of "we're gonna live to regret those". 10-0's a lot better than 7-0 - but on the dominance we've had, we ought to be more than two scores clear. As it is, there's a heck of a long way to go, New Zealand can't possibly play as badly again in the second half, and I doubt we can get the intensity of the first 20 back.

Cracking stuff overall. Very high quality contest, which is kinda teetering on the edge of turning into a dramatic epic.

Just now, shaun.lawson said:

Yes... well, almost. I'm very anxious about the chances we've missed; just small things, inches here and there. Those had the feeling of "we're gonna live to regret those". 10-0's a lot better than 7-0 - but on the dominance we've had, we ought to be more than two scores clear. As it is, there's a heck of a long way to go, New Zealand can't possibly play as badly again in the second half, and I doubt we can get the intensity of the first 20 back.

Cracking stuff overall. Very high quality contest, which is kinda teetering on the edge of turning into a dramatic epic.

I worry the all blacks have a trick up their sleeve, they are seeming to knacker our players out. They aren't daft. I'm not getting far ahead of myself, We've got to keep up the intensity through the next 40 minutes because if we let them in once or twice I reckon the floodgates will open 

England have the option of having a dig at any penalties in range or maybe nicking a try.    They have that psychological comfort that they should always retain a one score opportunity to win.   NZ probably wont be able to get clear ahead.   

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, AW1 said:

Why because he's English and is rightly bigging up the way England have been playing. 

Get a grip 

Bitter 

Get a grip yourself. It gets unbearable. Call me old fashioned but Bill McLaren knew how to be informed without the bias. 

2 minutes ago, AW1 said:

I worry the all blacks have a trick up their sleeve, they are seeming to knacker our players out. They aren't daft. I'm not getting far ahead of myself, We've got to keep up the intensity through the next 40 minutes because if we let them in once or twice I reckon the floodgates will open 

Preview I read earlier pinpointed the third quarter as when the ABs will completely up it. Man the barricades!

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

England have the option of having a dig at any penalties in range or maybe nicking a try.    They have that psychological comfort that they should always retain a one score opportunity to win.   NZ probably wont be able to get clear ahead.   

Farrell's injury could turn into a real loss though...

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Get a grip yourself. It gets unbearable. Call me old fashioned but Bill McLaren knew how to be informed without the bias. 

There has been no bias. He has also been critical of England when deserved and praised New Zealand when deserved. What else is he meant to do. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, AW1 said:

There has been no bias. He has also been critical of England when deserved and praised New Zealand when deserved. What else is he meant to do. 

Nonsense he sounds like a cheerleader and fan not a commentator. 

2 minutes ago, AW1 said:

Not be English of course. As any fule no, English excitement is just another sign of English arrogance.

Edited by shaun.lawson

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Nonsense he sounds like a cheerleader and fan not a commentator. 

Every time England play at any sport I hear the exact same rhetoric. It gets rather boring. I'd never moan if a Scot was bigging up Scotland 

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Not be English of course. As any fule no, English excitement is just another sign of English arrogance.

Correct 

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Not be English of course. As any fule know, English excitement is just another sign of English arrogance.

An arrogant comment, imo. ;)

Malinga the Swinga

That could be a huge break for New Zealand if they get their act together because as things are going, only going to be one winner. England should be miles ahead but 10 points can be recovered.

England just need to keep doing what they are doing as it’s working a treat. It’s pretty unthinkable that NZ can go 80 without scoring a try. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

England just need to keep doing what they are doing as it’s working a treat. It’s pretty unthinkable that NZ can go 80 without scoring a try. 

There have been eight Tests in which NZ failed to score:

1905 - Wales 3-0
1910 - Australia 11-0
1921 - SA 0-0
1928 - SA 17-0
1936 - England 13-0
1954 - France 3-0
1960 - SA 13-0
1964 - Scotland 0-0